Menu

Ignore this thread!

Not well!😢. He's been admitted to the hospital. He does sleep and he does close his eyes now, which is progress. When this whole thing started he didn't physically sleep for about 48 hours and they had to tape his eyes shut. He's on antibiotics and antivirals, but he still hasn't woken up mentally. I haven't gone up there to see him. I will try to do that tomorrow. We are taking it day by day. My poor mom is sick. She was on antibiotics for a sinus infection before all this started and she's not better. She's totally worn out. I've been taking her supper when I can.

That's rough, Krissi, I'm sorry.  

• Like 1

***LOL Post***

(Background info:  We are teetotalers -- I have never had an alcoholic drink and we have never bought alcohol.)

The dc were trying to figure out what we could have to drink at lunch today.  We are out of milk and out of juice.

Dd9 piped up (loudly):  "We could have beer!"  We have a little bit of birch beer left over from a few nights ago.  She wanted soda (what kid doesn't), but it was so funny to hear her asking for beer with her lunch.  

Riiiiiiiight, Junie.  Have you been letting your children play with the public school kids again? :toetap05:

sarcastic-laugh-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 3

Primal scream.

My meds are a mess again.  This is what can happen when you have literally 20 different meds (some taken multiple times a day) from different sources since I can't get all of them at the local pharmacy.  Now I have to dump out the pills from each box to make sure what box has which med. I had run out of (and have now replaced).  And while doing so, I discovered why I had pain-somnia last night.  I forgot last night's bedtime meds.  The thing is, I had checked to see if I had taken them to make sure and apparently was confused on the days so I looked at the day before's empty box and thought that I had taken them. . .    Oh well.  I can't go back in time. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 1

I am going to attempt salmon cakes for lunch. I bought canned salmon at Aldi and discovered that "traditional" canned salmon contains skin and bones. It freaked me out a little so I bought bnls/sknls canned salmon. I know the bones are supposed to be very nutritious but I haven't worked up the courage for it yet.

I haven't been able to find any canned salmon labeled boneless or skinless.  It freaked me out, too, when I encountered it -- I was expecting something like canned tuna.  I just couldn't do it -- threw out the cans of the "traditional" after I opened them.

• Like 1

Preach it. One-story isn't even enough to truly be accessible--it's doorway width and countertop height and entrance from the garage and a long list of other things. Stair chairs are ridiculous...the user can't move laundry between floors or purchases (like toiletries) upstairs.  We ended up moving dd onto the main floor when she became fully wheelchair bound and she didn't even need to do grown-up things like laundry.

Hugs to you on your knee issues! 

This is why I would dearly love to design and build our own home sometime.  I've got plans for lots of accessibility and adaptability in the floor plan.  DH really feels cheated if there isn't any upstairs, but one airplane bungalow floor plan I drew up has only the two bedroom/bathroom suites meant for nearly-grown or grown-but-visiting kids upstairs.  ALL else is on the ground floor.  While I'm not fond of two-story entries I could manage to either include a dumb waiter by the stairs OR a pulley and basket hanging from the little bit of overlook from the upstairs hallway.  Because I won't have my sherpa-kids forever to carry things up and down when my knees don't cooperate.

The kitchen I want is pretty big, too -- 16 by 18 feet.  I want a good bank of windows (facing north so I'm not blinded by sunlight as I cook), specific work zones, and the vast bulk of the storage space within reach when standing flat on the floor.

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 3

Primal scream.

My meds are a mess again.  This is what can happen when you have literally 20 different meds (some taken multiple times a day) from different sources since I can't get all of them at the local pharmacy.  Now I have to dump out the pills from each box to make sure what box has which med. I had run out of (and have now replaced).  And while doing so, I discovered why I had pain-somnia last night.  I forgot last night's bedtime meds.  The thing is, I had checked to see if I had taken them to make sure and apparently was confused on the days so I looked at the day before's empty box and thought that I had taken them. . .    Oh well.  I can't go back in time. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I feel for you.  It gets confusing, doesn't it?

• Like 3

So, dd4 keeps messing with the router. I need a box like structure I can attach to the wall to put my electronic connectivity devices in that is open so that I can get a signal.  Any ideas?  I'd love to ghetto screw a cardboard box onto the wall, but aesthetics matter, unfortunately.

You can get wooden boxes at places like Target or the Container Store:  http://www.target.com/p/hand-made-modern-small-wood-crate-square-5-x-12-x-9/-/A-50279892?sid=627S&ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Seasonal+Shopping_Local&adgroup=SC_Seasonal&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9033255&gclid=CjwKEAjw8ZzHBRCUwrrV59XinXUSJADSTE5kJ4AL6Fwe30I_V_tS_lCbltxujzfNz_wrNip62Yvw4RoC-9_w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Nicer aesthetically than a cardboard box.

• Like 1

So, dd4 keeps messing with the router. I need a box like structure I can attach to the wall to put my electronic connectivity devices in that is open so that I can get a signal.  Any ideas?  I'd love to ghetto screw a cardboard box onto the wall, but aesthetics matter, unfortunately.

Clearly you have been spending far too much time away from us, prairie.

The answer?  Duct tape.

Duh.

• Like 5

Aaaaand the highway is closed.  Again.  Because the big mud slide that shut it down the last time we tried to take DD to Awana slid again.  Every stinking Wednesday and Friday has been wet and risky, so she hasn't been able to go.  And then it started pouring last night and today. So no youth group tonight.  Again. sad-blinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 1

Well, I think it's a good thing you aren't on that road. That sounds treacherous.

You are absolutely right, Critter.  And I am thankful that we don't have to commute, because there are a lot of people who do and they'll have to find alternative routes (read:  treacherous two-lane gravel roads with WAY more traffic than they can safely convey or HOURS and HOURS out of the way to stay on paved highway.)  Urgh.

• Like 2

Aaaaand the highway is closed.  Again.  Because the big mud slide that shut it down the last time we tried to take DD to Awana slid again.  Every stinking Wednesday and Friday has been wet and risky, so she hasn't been able to go.  And then it started pouring last night and today. So no youth group tonight.  Again. sad-blinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I am glad you are all safe, though.

• Like 2

Well, I think it's a good thing you aren't on that road. That sounds treacherous.

it's good it's something optional like Awana. Too bad for DD, though!!
  • Like 3

Educational question.  This is probably a question for the highschool board, but I'm throwing it out here first.  I'm thinking about doing history for 9th grade homemade for next year.  I'd like to keep it pretty streamlined - a stack of interesting books and some papers - either spineless or with a succinct, minimized spine.  I know I can count hours to make sure we approximate a genuine credit, but I'd like to use page counts as a way to plan how many and which books.  Anyone have any ideas for how many pages I should shoot for?  A ball park of some kind?  

Educational question.  This is probably a question for the highschool board, but I'm throwing it out here first.  I'm thinking about doing history for 9th grade homemade for next year.  I'd like to keep it pretty streamlined - a stack of interesting books and some papers - either spineless or with a succinct, minimized spine.  I know I can count hours to make sure we approximate a genuine credit, but I'd like to use page counts as a way to plan how many and which books.  Anyone have any ideas for how many pages I should shoot for?  A ball park of some kind?  

Don't. Give up that goal right now.  :leaving:  :lol:

I'd look at the type of book it is and determine more or less how much could be covered in an amount of time. I think page counts would really depend on the type of book it is.

• Like 3

11yo ds is taking a break to eat lunch.  One more subsection and then he's finished.  

I've been looking at options for my 13yo dd who will be 9th grade next year.  It is both depressing and exhausting.  She could potentially be out of the house every day of the week.  And she wants to try out for the local homeschool group's highschool girls' soccer team.   :svengo: Our state's sports governing agency doesn't allow its members to play non members, so homeschool groups are forced to travel a fair distance for many of their games.  I need to hire a driver, lol.

Points for quoting myself. 

You know that part of the movie Tangled where Rapunzel is running around celebration her freedom one minute and crying over her guilt for running away the next minute - back and forth several times?  That's me - one minute I'm "Yes!  We can do it all!  We can pick the best of the best."  and the next minute I'm "We will only leave the house twice a week and everything else will be done at home at whatever level we can manage."  Blah!   :leaving:  :leaving:  :leaving:

Jeeves, the ITT Chauffeur. That's who you need.

And I get points for multi-quoting only you! Like a squillion of them.

• Like 5

I'm making blondies. I never have made them before. But I am now. And... I also like Blondie. As in, the singer. But, I am not blonde.

And that is a Not-Blonde Booya/h Tooya/h!!

Oh, and I still have no warning posts. I'm a good girl, I am!!

And this is page 1775. I'm feeling very Patriotic. Didn't important things happen that year, too? Lots of War for American Independence things happened. Patrick Henry said, "Give me Liberty or give me Death" and lots of other things. And Paul Revere did his big thing!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 7

Dh and I are going out to dinner to a small Thai place. It will be an adventure. I hope that none of our huge trees come down on top of the house while we're gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeeeaaaannnn!  Does that mean you're sending nasty weather my way again?  :toetap05:

• Like 1

I'm making blondies. I never have made them before. But I am now. And... I also like Blondie. As in, the singer. But, I am not blonde.

And that is a Not-Blonde Booya/h Tooya/h!!

Oh, and I still have no warning posts. I'm a good girl, I am!!

And this is page 1775. I'm feeling very Patriotic. Didn't important things happen that year, too? Lots of War for American Independence things happened. Patrick Henry said, "Give me Liberty or give me Death" and lots of other things. And Paul Revere did his big thing!!

I thought you meant you like the comic strip, Blondie....    :leaving:

#reallydatingmyselfnow

• Like 5

And now I'm making homemade ice cream. Would anyone like to come over for dessert?

:w00t:     :drool5:     :gnorsi:     :driving:     :001_wub:

• Like 4

Dh and I are going out to dinner to a small Thai place. It will be an adventure. I hope that none of our huge trees come down on top of the house while we're gone.

I hope so, too.

I misread that as you went to a Thai mall place.  I was jealous and wanted to go to a Thai mall, too.

• Like 2

Jeeeaaaannnn!  Does that mean you're sending nasty weather my way again?  :toetap05:

According to AMJ, it's all her fault.

A.M.J.

WHERE.ARE.YOU. :toetap05: :toetap05: :toetap05:

Hiding at a dance practice for the upcoming homeschooling prom.

Jean might be in the clear soon.  I haven't sneezed all evening!

• Like 5

Now I have to go to The AFSA. I usually grocery shop on Saturdays,but tomorrow will be busy. I'm going to see my dad,which is a trip to the Big City. And it's raining. But the Blondies turned out well. A little gooey. And I do like Blondie the comic strip, too.

• Like 5

While at the dance practice, during a lull in the conversation of the gathered moms, I realized that I have made progress towards a long-held goal from my much younger days: I decided long ago that I wanted to become someone full of sage advice whom people would actually seek out for wise counsel, and I realized it would take many years of living to get there, about a lifetime's worth.  I decided to consider myself a wise-woman-in-training.  Yesterday evening at Aikido another (younger) mother came to tell me that some advice I gave her a few months back has really paid off for her, and her A1C is lower.  I high-fived her and congratulated her and chatted with her about what-all she had been doing.

I just realized tonight that that was someone who came to me for advice that proved to be wise (at least in her case).   :blink:

I'm glad to start reaching the "wise" part.  It's a little compensation for various body parts reaching the old part.

Now I've probably jinxed myself, and am about to make some spectacularly boneheaded mess of something....

• Like 5

Now I have to go to The AFSA. I usually grocery shop on Saturdays,but tomorrow will be busy. I'm going to see my dad,which is a trip to the Big City. And it's raining. But the Blondies turned out well. A little gooey. And I do like Blondie the comic strip, too.

Does your dad like Blondies?  Maybe you could sneak some in to him!  If you get caught you could say you were bringing them as bribes a treat for the nursing staff.

I hope he continues to show improvement!

• Like 2

Not well!😢. He's been admitted to the hospital. He does sleep and he does close his eyes now, which is progress. When this whole thing started he didn't physically sleep for about 48 hours and they had to tape his eyes shut. He's on antibiotics and antivirals, but he still hasn't woken up mentally. I haven't gone up there to see him. I will try to do that tomorrow. We are taking it day by day. My poor mom is sick. She was on antibiotics for a sinus infection before all this started and she's not better. She's totally worn out. I've been taking her supper when I can.

:grouphug:

Lynn, I did a homemade history class for ds16 last year.  We did the 20th century decade by decade.  I counted books by how long it would take me to read them (ds16 is a faster reader than I am).  Page counting didn't work because some books were way below his reading level (but still had good information).

• Like 3

I'm so done with this week.

And DH is sick.

And the gas co. came today and replaced the gas line/meter thingy - and dug up my garden in the process and I'm now missing like 5 or 6 plants and it made me so upset when I got home and saw I just cried. Real tears. I'm better now and can look forward to shopping for new plants and relaxing gardening time, but THAT'S NOT THE POINT. Oh, and they also trampled a bunch of other Spring flowers that were coming up and now will not bloom.

Boo.

A FAFSA on those workers. May the bird of paradise fly up their noses, and elephants caress them with their toes-es.

• Like 5

My friend and I went to another friend's house and picked up two couches. I needed new furniture and that friend and her family are selling everything and moving to Thailand to be missionaries!! We were doing fine until we tried to get them out of her truck while it was parked on my I inclined driveway.

Ruh roh!

• Like 1

And DH is sick.

And the gas co. came today and replaced the gas line/meter thingy - and dug up my garden in the process and I'm now missing like 5 or 6 plants and it made me so upset when I got home and saw I just cried. Real tears. I'm better now and can look forward to shopping for new plants and relaxing gardening time, but THAT'S NOT THE POINT. Oh, and they also trampled a bunch of other Spring flowers that were coming up and now will not bloom.

Boo.

A FAFSA on those workers. May the bird of paradise fly up their noses, and elephants caress them with their toes-es.

Personally, I would take pictures and file a written complaint.  They have the right of access, but they usually have to be careful to limit their damage to what is necessary (and to not be negligent.)  Jerks.

• Like 4

I thought of that. But talking to my husband it sounds like he knew it was happening, and they did make an attempt to clean up. But DH is sick, so he's like whatevs. And I'm thinking, you won't be whatevs whe you see the bill from the flower shop! :LOL:

I'm most upset about the one plant that was given to me, and takes a few years to bloom after transplant. It looked really healthy last year, and I was expecting it to bloom this year. $&@@)$'$!?

Breathe in, breathe out.

• Like 4

And DH is sick.

Boo.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I liked in sympathy and right-there-with-you-Sista.

• Like 2