Menu

Ignore this thread!

:ack2: This is why we use an accountant. (He was a good friend of my dad, so we get the family rate. I know that CPAs are frequently out of the range of a reasonable budget. :( )

My boss's wife is a CPA. I made my DH call her so my boss and I could stay out of it. Really, my boss and I both hate dealing with taxes, so keeping a good work relationship was just a bonus.

• Like 4

Good Morning.

Dd6 woke me up.  She has a cold and just.keeps.coughing.

I asked her if she still wanted to do her tests today.  She does.

Testing could be fun, though.  She gave me her cold  :glare: and I have a sore throat.

So today I get to dictate standardized tests with a sore throat.  I'm probably going to lose my voice.  Singing in the choir on Easter Sunday is going to be interesting.  :(

• Like 4

My family didn't like my new chicken dish. And Dd has hives all down her arms. I have no idea what she reacted to since there were no known allergens in it. Won't make that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:   I'm sorry!  It's always a bummer when a new dish doesn't turn out.

• Like 2

I don't know why, but I have been craving root beer for the last month. And I don't usually drink soda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There must be something in it your body wants.  My favorite is IBC, though back when I could tolerate the extra sweet Sioux City Birch Beer was also at the top of my list.

How about candy, can you tolerate any of that?  Root Beer Barrels were a favorite when I was young.  I deliberately don't buy them because I will eat them and I'm not sure anyone else in this household will.

• Like 2

Good Morning.

Dd6 woke me up.  She has a cold and just.keeps.coughing.

I asked her if she still wanted to do her tests today.  She does.

Testing could be fun, though.  She gave me her cold  :glare: and I have a sore throat.

So today I get to dictate standardized tests with a sore throat.  I'm probably going to lose my voice.  Singing in the choir on Easter Sunday is going to be interesting.   :(

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  Laryngitis stinks.

I once had to run errands after recovering from a sinus infection.  I was past the contagious phase but had lost my voice.  I stopped at a gas station for directions to one place and wrote a note since I had no voice.  In the note I explained I had laryngitis and couldn't talk, and asked how to find a certain street.  The person thought I was deaf, so I rewrote my note to explain I could hear just fine -- I had a sore throat and lost my voice temporarily.  The person gave a relieved nod and then explained to me how to find the street I was looking for -- very loudly and slowly, staring at my face to try to determine if I comprehended.

I thanked her and left, and was relieved when I got where I was going to find people who simply read my notes, gave an understanding smile, and talked to me as normal.

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 2

New ITT rule:  All y'all who live in tornado country need to move.  Today.  I have 10 acres.   We can go to the ITT bank and get a bunch of money and buy a bunch of trailers (mobile homes) and live in hillbilly paradise.  With no tornadoes.  :blink:

(Go to the Chat Board [can't believe I really said that], find Kinsa's thread on "38 years ago," and read her post #22.  Then start packing. :blink: )

• Like 7

Prairie, has your littlest one eaten anything.  I hope she's feeling better.   :grouphug:

I became worried when she turned down cake in a long string of high bribery foods yesterday.

Last night she ate some chicken ravioli from Costco and a few jellybeans.  

Today, five hours in, she's had a jello cup.

Normally she is a very good eater so she's still not well, but she at least has some calories in her now.  I picked up some pedialyte popsicles to see if we can get more liquids in.

• Like 6

So, I used to live smack in the middle of tornado alley.  I've been through (and had our house damaged by) tornados.  We had our little shelter in the basement and regular drills and everyone learned to read the sky.

Then I moved to TX, where they have no basements, no tornado sirens, and still the occasional tornado.  They can't even drive in the rain here. It's messed up.

I'd totes be willing to pack up into your hillbilly heaven, but you lost me at hip-deep snow this past winter.

• Like 5

So, I used to live smack in the middle of tornado alley.  I've been through (and had our house damaged by) tornados.  We had our little shelter in the basement and regular drills and everyone learned to read the sky.

Then I moved to TX, where they have no basements, no tornado sirens, and still the occasional tornado.  They can't even drive in the rain here. It's messed up.

I'd totes be willing to pack up into your hillbilly heaven, :w00t:  but you lost me at hip-deep snow this past winter. :sad:

• Like 2

New ITT rule: All y'all who live in tornado country need to move. Today. I have 10 acres. We can go to the ITT bank and get a bunch of money and buy a bunch of trailers (mobile homes) and live in hillbilly paradise. With no tornadoes. :blink:

(Go to the Chat Board [can't believe I really said that], find Kinsa's thread on "38 years ago," and read her post #22. Then start packing. :blink: )

The ITT Hillbilly Heaven!! I'd do that!! We could have a big corral in the middle and send our kids there with their school books while we sit around and drink COFFEE☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ And chat. Works for me! Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 7

I have never been anywhere near a tornado. Californians run for cover when we get pea-sized hail. But that's what we have hail-canons for. Now earthquakes, I could tell you about earth quakes.

DH has an uncle in Oklahoma, of all places, who has refused to ever visit California because of the earthquakes. And I'm thinking, seriously?

• Like 5

New ITT rule: All y'all who live in tornado country need to move. Today. I have 10 acres. We can go to the ITT bank and get a bunch of money and buy a bunch of trailers (mobile homes) and live in hillbilly paradise. With no tornadoes. :blink:

(Go to the Chat Board [can't believe I really said that], find Kinsa's thread on "38 years ago," and read her post #22. Then start packing. :blink: )

I just read that story. That is horrible. I cannot imagine!!
  • Like 3

I decided to have my 8yo do a bit of a Spectrum test practice book to expose her to the types of questions she might see on standardized testing.  We did a page of the math today.  It was hard.   :leaving:   It had place value up to hundred thousand.  I also see a page coming up with multiplication and division.  We just started working on multiplication facts  She can skip count pretty well - but that's going to be kind of frustrating I think.  I'm not one who cares a whole lot about testing - more of a peace of mind thing for me, but..... the practice book is giving me a "are we behind in math?!" complex all of a sudden.   :crying:  :svengo:  

• Like 6