Menu

Ignore this thread!

Completely unrelated topic. Every single day there is at least one meal that gets delayed for whatever reason (usually taking kids places) and by the time I get to eat I am SO starving I think I will pass out. So I totally overeat in order to save my life, lol. I probably need to change to a high protein breakfast and find a convenient high protein snack.

you know, as much as I hate cottage cheese, it does fill me up and stay with me throughout the morning. Carb-rich breakfasts tend to leave me hungry mid-morning!! And starving by lunch.
  • Like 2

I'm getting all my "Good Mom Points" in this week. More friends over this afternoon, and I even threw the neighbor boy into the lunch pile, for good measure. He was here anyway. Quesadillas for 8 kids.... No 7 kids, one friend doesn't like cheese, so I was accommodating and made him a peanut butter and honey sandwich. See how I am? I figure if I get it all done in one week I can go back to being a curmudgeon the rest of the year!😆

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 7

I did my chores this morning, taught school, did afternoon chores, two loads of laundry and cooked dinner. I think I'm done for the day. Oh, and I went to the library. I think I've done my good momming and can have my decaffeinated tea and a lie down.

• Like 4

Mmmmm...deep fried brain.

We are officially done with science for the year. Unofficially, we will probably finish reading from our astronomy booklet, and study a little more solar eclipse stuff.

Girls have finished their last day of tutorial. Dd18 stopped at the grocery store on the way home and bought dd14 some celebratory ice cream. :)

:hurray:

• Like 3

Mmmmm...deep fried brain.

We are officially done with science for the year. Unofficially, we will probably finish reading from our astronomy booklet, and study a little more solar eclipse stuff.

Girls have finished their last day of tutorial. Dd18 stopped at the grocery store on the way home and bought dd14 some celebratory ice cream. :)

:hurray:

It was a potato !

• Like 1

Thanks for the prayers! I was so freaked out, but it went really well. Her lab numbers are up to low normal and some of the behaviours the internet had me worried were a symptom of something rare and horrible turned out to be a reaction they see fairly often. 😌

Also, let me just say, everyone at our childrens hospital is awesome. ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜. Really, they are some of the kindest people on the planet.

Never ask Dr. Google!

I'm glad everything went well.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Tomorrow is a day off. I am getting my hair cut, gardening, and shopping for a dishwasher. That's the plan. Please note the lack of schooling in the plan. The book I have to read so I can discuss it with DS will wait. All items previously on the schedule have been moved to Monday.

And I might go work out. Maybe.

• Like 6

Tomorrow is a day off. I am getting my hair cut, gardening, and shopping for a dishwasher. That's the plan. Please note the lack of schooling in the plan. The book I have to read so I can discuss it with DS will wait. All items previously on the schedule have been moved to Monday.

And I might go work out. Maybe.

Gardening and navigating the store while shopping for a dishwasher are working out.

• Like 5

MIL update/clarification: They gave her pills for vertigo that are often given for pain. Also, her paperwork is online. Her treatment was not as awful as originally thought.

What is it with me and idiot drivers today? On the way to picking up Ds from work the car in front of me started to turn on the wrong way ramp to the freeway. I laid on that horn like a lot of lives depended on it. Like they did. The driver stopped and went on to the right road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably my MIL.
  • Like 11

I like the way you think.

It's a fact:

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/features/calorie-burners "

• Heavy yard work (landscaping, moving rocks, hauling dirt): 400-600 calories per hour
  • Raking and bagging leaves: 350-450 calories per hour
  • Gardening: pulling weeds, planting flowers, etc.: 200-400 calories per hour
  • Mowing the lawn: 250-350 calories per hour"

http://healthyliving.azcentral.com/calories-burned-shopping-1387.html

"Walking through the store at a leisurely 2 mph burns around 200 calories per hour for a 150-pound person, according to the University of Hawaii Nutrition website."

You're welcome. :D

• Like 5

I hope I'm not about to mess things up.

My daughter is doing dual enrollment at the community college, but in a county over, they are telling a homeschooler they don't qualify. The state dude I spoke to last year said some colleges were slow in implementing the new rule and he was working on it, but he is no longer working there. Now, there is Ms. Clueless still going by old rules. 

I should go back two weeks. I took Gymnast to an acting class with a Bible theater group, and I slipped out so she would come out of her shell and not try to cling to me. It's ok; it works every time. While I slipped out, I started talking to a homeschool friend of mine, who introduced me to another homeschooler from the county over. We talked about dual enrollment, I shared info from my google drive, and we've been in touch. Another homeschool family she knows is the one that is running into problems with their local community college.

Back to now:

So, the other homeschooler is getting nowhere with either the community college or the state dual credit coordinator. The family doesn't want to cause problems for us who are already getting the benefits though. But, I'm looking it up anyway. Because I have nothing better to do with my time other than try to help another family to push schools to do the right thing. Right now, they are discouraged, though.

I've already found the updated rules - page and line numbers, links and quotes have been emailed to the family. I wonder how far this will go.

• Like 5

We just got home from the wedding of my cousin's daughter. It was very lovely!! Very traditional and dignified and beautiful. Susan, you would have liked the music - classical trio: flute, clarinet and cello. It was beautiful. I hadn't been to a wedding in years. It was nice to get out with just DH, too.

• Like 7

If you are of a mind to pray, will you please pray for a teenaged boy from my church who was traveling in another state and got in a severe car accident - broken bones, head injury, etc. His entire family is currrently out of the country working with refugees; the mom is making her way back to the US tomorrow and depending on what happens in the next couple of days, the rest of the family will try to get back as well.

• Like 1

If you are of a mind to pray, will you please pray for a teenaged boy from my church who was traveling in another state and got in a severe car accident - broken bones, head injury, etc. His entire family is currrently out of the country working with refugees; the mom is making her way back to the US tomorrow and depending on what happens in the next couple of days, the rest of the family will try to get back as well.

:grouphug:

• Like 1

Praying!

• Like 2

Good Friday Morning!

Coffee!!!

Mid-West Homeschool Conference workshop schedule and descriptions are up.  I am more excited about going with friends than about hearing any particular speaker/workshop.  In fact, I see nothing on the schedule to get excited about at all.  I remember the good ole days when every year there were great speakers I had never heard before.  I am old.  

• Like 4

Good morning!

Hugs and prayers for those needing them. :wub: to all

No school for us or dd17 today. I need a day off.....or 10.

Ds21 has the second phase of his interview this evening. He is at the hospital with a prisoner right now. I hope he gets home soon. He needs to rest some, and I need to cut his hair.

Hope everyone has a beautiful day.

• Like 6

Good Friday Morning!

Coffee!!!

Mid-West Homeschool Conference workshop schedule and descriptions are up. I am more excited about going with friends than about hearing any particular speaker/workshop. In fact, I see nothing on the schedule to get excited about at all. I remember the good ole days when every year there were great speakers I had never heard before. I am old.

. I know, right, Lynn?? The Valley Home Educators Convention is in Modesto, which is a fair sized town, but nothing to speak of, and last summer I wasn't looking forward to any of the speakers (although I ended up in some great lectures), but what I was looking forward to was spending the night in the very nice Doubletree Hotel with my BFF, and, after having a nice dinner out, spending the rest of the evening in our Jammies, binge-watching Hawaii 5-0 and going over all the ads and catalogs, etc. we had collected in the exhibit hall. Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4