Menu

Ignore this thread!

Cute bun-buns. They aren't eating each other!

The camera lies.  ;)  Though they are getting better.  Rusty has actually groomed Bailey a couple of times.  We still have to watch Bailey carefully though.  She can be a very fickle girl friend who can turn on him at a moment's notice.  We think she has some kind of a bunny PTSD that makes her lash out.  (She apparently came to the shelter with wounds right where a rabbit would attack.) 

• Like 1

I hauled all the hoses out from the back of the shed* and untangled them.  Then I hooked them all up (we have four, stuck to a hose-splitter-thingy that connects to our one spigot).  It's not official because we are out of plumber's tape, but at least they are all dragged out to the right locations.

Then I raked every inch of the yard to get up all the moss.  

Then I smoothed out a (finally not-frozen) pile of dirt next to the garage so that we can line the garbage cans there, instead of in the driveway.  

Then I calculated how much lime/seed/etc we still need to get tomorrow.  

Then I washed my feet and my face and sat down here with a bowl of popcorn.   

Dh is making pizza.   :001_wub:

ETA to add my asterisk.  

*This was a massive undertaking. It has earned me a teensy-tinsey slice of leftover bday ice-cream cake later tonight.  

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings
  • Like 6

What are resurrection biscuits?

I have a vague memory of asking about the resurrection biscuits last year. But I don't remember the answer. My brain = sieve.

A can or two of jumbo refrigerated biscuits

Large marshmallows (one for each biscuit)

Melted butter

Cinnamon sugar

Flatten out the biscuit a bit and seal a marshmallow in it (sealing Jesus in the tomb)

Roll in melted butter and cinnamon sugar. Place in well-buttered/sprayed muffin pan.

Bake in a 400* (?) oven for 20-30 minutes. The tomb is empty. Eat the tomb.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Yes. I'll take a Manhattan, since we're placing orders, or a bourbon and water (no ice). I default to red wine if no bourbon is available. If that's not available, someone's getting fired. :D

Who's the bartender?  He or she had better take note that Ikslo is a tough task master!

boy, Ikslo's high maintenance!!😜
  • Like 2

Happy Anniversary, Critter and Mr. Critter.

Bunnies are adorable, Jeannie!!

Quackers, you've been quite busy!!

Renaissance, aka Renaissance, aka Renai (I was wondering how long autocorrect was going to do that) I've always thought of rolled tacos and taquitoes as basically the same thing and flautas with flour tortillas, though some restaurants give you a choice of flour or corn. Deep fried flour tortillas are delicious.

And that is a Mexican food Booya/h!!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 7

Jean, how do you keep bunny cages from stinking? Ds wants one, and when we had one before, even with cage cleaning really often, that one poopy corner seemed yucky, and i think he would pee out that corner down the wall. I'm just dreading it, but i know othwrs never have issues.

We're not always successful. Rusty is fine. He pees and poops in his litter box which is in one corner of his cage. As long as that is periodically cleaned, it doesn't smell. Bailey, on the other hand is a bit of a problem. But that's mainly because her cage isn't big enough for her even though it's a standard store rabbit cage. We put puppy pee pads on the bottom of the cage because she often misses the litter box. Then we change our the pee pads every day or every other day.

Jean, how do you keep bunny cages from stinking? Ds wants one, and when we had one before, even with cage cleaning really often, that one poopy corner seemed yucky, and i think he would pee out that corner down the wall. I'm just dreading it, but i know othwrs never have issues.

We have the litter box inside the cage like Jean - they sit and do their business while munching hay from the haybox that is hung above the litter box. I think what mostly keeps our bunny area from smelling is the litter we use in the litter box - hardwood stove/fuel pellets from the farmer's co-op. Super cheap (about $12 for a 50 lb bag). It was recommended by the bunny adoption agency.

Thanks, Jean! Do you use cat litter or something special?

We use 'Yesterday's news' which is paper based cat litter. You can use small animal bedding or litter but we find it easier to use this stuff. More litter for less. DO NOT USE CLUMPING CAT LITTER. Rabbits like to eat while Using the bathroom and if they eat the clumping litter they can get very very sick. You can look up the different things you can use with bunnies.

Ahhh, innocence lost!! We were driving back home from the nursing home to visit my dad this evening when all of the sudden I hear, "ooooh, GROSS!! Mom, there's a man standing in his kitchen in front of the window and he's N@KED!!! oooohhh!"

Apparently he was fat and hairy, too. I am glad I missed that one, that's all I have to say!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

Does anybody have any holiday traditions(any holiday) that involve Mom sleeping in?

I still remember my first Labor Day as a stay at home mom. Every year previous Labor Day had been a time to sleep in and enjoy the day. No work. Just play.  And then, the boys were up at 6:00am. And then the reality of motherhood hit me. 😩

Every holiday plan begins with sleeping in. Every holiday reality begins with disappointment.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

ðŸ˜©ðŸ˜©

I guess that's what I get for loving people with food. I get excited and promise them a day full of goodies and then the day comes and I'm wondering why I'm getting up at 6am to make cinnamon rolls. 😜

I'm up early making potato salad for the BBQ at DH's sister's house!!
  • Like 5

We just got out of bed because the neighbors ("uncles") called the girls to give them Easter baskets. I was awake, but was sleeping in. Kind of. Because I wasn't asleep. We're watching T.D. Jake's live Easter service on the Roku. I guess we're heathens.

• Like 4

I got an unexpected answer from the homeschool conference people. Last year, it was like "suck it up," this is the price. This year, they reminded me that the price is actually the single price from years ago, but they've now allowed spouses in basically free. They still asked if I was a single mom. I just said, no, it's just my husband would not get much out of it in his second language, and my graduating daughter would. They're giving me free admission. I am shocked. I'll pay for Dancer (~$10), and I'll be able to put Gymnast in the kid program. Dh was telling me I should stay the night Thursday so we can see the homeschool showcase that evening and not drive back at night. In fact, he was saying he might take the day off and go with us, since it's the same day of Dancer's developmental optometrist appointment, and we can make a day of it.

• Like 10

I got an unexpected answer from the homeschool conference people. Last year, it was like "suck it up," this is the price. This year, they reminded me that the price is actually the single price from years ago, but they've now allowed spouses in basically free. They still asked if I was a single mom. I just said, no, it's just my husband would not get much out of it in his second language, and my graduating daughter would. They're giving me free admission. I am shocked. I'll pay for Dancer (~$10), and I'll be able to put Gymnast in the kid program. Dh was telling me I should stay the night Thursday so we can see the homeschool showcase that evening and not drive back at night. In fact, he was saying he might take the day off and go with us, since it's the same day of Dancer's developmental optometrist appointment, and we can make a day of it.

I'm glad they were more accommodating than last year. That's awesome.

• Like 4

Good Morning! Happy Easter!

I'm supposed to write three hours today. How I'm supposed to do that, and help supervise the egg hunt of insanity, I don't know. Maybe it will storm and they will let us off.

Hope you get out of it!   :D

Does anybody have any holiday traditions(any holiday) that involve Mom sleeping in?

Brilliant idea!   :001_tt1:

Every holiday plan begins with sleeping in. Every holiday reality begins with disappointment.

:laugh:

I guess that's what I get for loving people with food. I get excited and promise them a day full of goodies and then the day comes and I'm wondering why I'm getting up at 6am to make cinnamon rolls. 😜

You're a good Mom!

We just got out of bed because the neighbors ("uncles") called the girls to give them Easter baskets. I was awake, but was sleeping in. Kind of. Because I wasn't asleep. We're watching T.D. Jake's live Easter service on the Roku. I guess we're heathens.

I wanted to be a heathen, but I thought I'd feel worse if we stayed home, so we went.  I'm such a bah-humbug person.  I really just want a regular, straight forward worship service with a good gospel sermon.  I don't really want extra stuff like little kids ringing bells to some background track so you can recognize the song, and then little kids singing with motions so everyone can "ahhhh" and "ooooh" over how cute, and a solo performance by someone who maybe shouldn't sing solos, and a video clip of something else, oh, and a kid skit about the crucifixion.  So, I went, but I'm really more heathen than you, lol.   :o

Yay!  That sounds fantastic!  I'm so glad you got a nice response and have fun plans in the works!   :party:

• Like 4