Menu

Ignore this thread!

Was your grandfather Catholic? Protestants wore orange.

Catholic and half-Irish!  Our small town had a big parade every St. Paddie's Day, and Grandpa was ALWAYS in it.  Most of the town was.

• Like 2

Yes, I have nuked the coffee.  Problem was I was working at the computer desk in the other room, wrapped up in a blanket, and didn't wanna.  And I knew I'd have to see the dishes if I went in there.  I didn't wanna be reminded.  And it's still snowing,  So stop trying to make me feel better.  I don't wanna.  I'd rather complain. :D  I'm a complainer.

Shall I tell you about the bright, clear blue sky here?  And the 30- to 40 degree rise in temp from this morning?  That way you can daydream about being here, or complain about this part of the weather system not reaching you, whichever you are more inclined to do.

The brain is not connected to anything this morning. I just tried to brush my teeth WHILE I was still eating breakfast. I do a lot of multitasking but that's taking it too far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This made me smile.  :)

• Like 2

Shall I tell you about the bright, clear blue sky here?  And the 30- to 40 degree rise in temp from this morning?  That way you can daydream about being here, or complain about this part of the weather system not reaching you, whichever you are more inclined to do.

:boxing_smiley:

• Like 2

The snow is now coming down in big puffy flakes, and is sticking to the trees and shrubs.  And the wind is picking up. 

But we still have power! 

Are you ready for a power outage?  Flashlights?  Batteries?  Safe candles and matches?  Fireplace?  Logs?  Warm sleeping bags or blankets?  Stuff to eat that doesn't require cooking? 

• Like 3

Are you ready for a power outage?  Flashlights?  Batteries?  Safe candles and matches?  Fireplace?  Logs?  Warm sleeping bags or blankets?  Stuff to eat that doesn't require cooking? 

Yeppers.  I grew up in New England.  This is not my first snowstorm. 

Not to mention...the time to ask me this would have been yesterday - before the snow started. :toetap05:

:D

• Like 5

The snow is now coming down in big puffy flakes, and is sticking to the trees and shrubs.  And the wind is picking up. 

But we still have power! 

Yay, power!

• Like 1

It's 50 and sunny. A little bit chilly but the boys have been sent to the trampoline so I can clean this house. It's both PE and imaginative play. That counts for kindergarten, right?

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

It is close to 70 here and sunny.  Very light breeze, and the recent rains seemed to have washed the pollen down enough it's not too bad today (though I'm sure that will change).  I have opened up the windows to air out the house, but only in the downstairs.  We get the benefit of some fresher air inside, but reduce the amount of pollen getting into the bedrooms upstairs.

I hope for some really nice days AFTER allergy season is over for more house-airing.

It's spitting snow! No. Now it's actually snowing. Somebody tell the weather that March is supposed to be spring in this part of the world!

Part of me is jealous and part is worried about the peaches!

• Like 1

No snow, no pie, what a waste of a perfectly good day.

Hi, Rachel!

How about pulling out the hose to a good dirt patch?  You could make mud pies!

• Like 1

I'm leaving in a few minutes to pick ds up from college and drop him off at work. Then I meet my brother and sister in law to treat them to Japanese food. My brother, who has no filter, said that his wife decided that she wouldn't be too bored meeting me for lunch. [emoji849]

Have fun at lunch!

Happy birthday, Rocky!

• Like 1

Overachiever!😜

It's not really as impressive as it sounds. My closet was sort of the dumping ground for stuff we didn't know what to do with when we moved in. So I just donated all the stuff that we haven't found a need for in the almost 2 years we've lived here. And now my closet only has clothes in it.

ETA: That's also where the gun safe is. So there's guns in there too.

Edited by lanalouwho
  • Like 3

It's not really as impressive as it sounds. My closet was sort of the dumping ground for stuff we didn't know what to do with when we moved in. So I just donated all the stuff that we haven't found a need for in the almost 2 years we've lived here. And now my closet only has clothes in it.

ETA: That's also where the gun safe is. So there's guns in there too.

Wow, that sounds exactly like my closet. All the way down to the gun safe. Lol!
  • Like 3

Once in a while the sky will spit out a few angry snow pellets at us. Otherwise it's just COLD.

Ds21 was in the area and stopped by for a little while. We fed him pie and sent him home with a can of caramel cashews and some homemade applesauce (for his roommate actually, who apparently won't eat store-bought anymore ðŸ˜).

Dd8 is in her viola lesson and the rest of us are in the hall listening to students audition for "session". Whatever that is.

• Like 5

It is pouring rain and will continue to pour rain for the foreseeable future.

Everything is a horrid, slushy mess.

But we have lots and lots of PI(E), so all is well!

BTW, Happy Birthday, Rocky!!  Your bone is on top of the shoebox!!!

Ooo, and I almost forgot:  Happy Birthday, Angi's DS!  :party: (I have no idea where your present is, and, no, it isn't a bone.  I hope.)

• Like 6

I'm leaving in a few minutes to pick ds up from college and drop him off at work. Then I meet my brother and sister in law to treat them to Japanese food. My brother, who has no filter, said that his wife decided that she wouldn't be too bored meeting me for lunch. [emoji849]

Oh, my!!

• Like 3