Menu

Ignore this thread!

Time for a shortened work day and some rallying, I guess. Fight the power!!! 

Have fun storming the castle! (I'm in a Miracle Max mood this morning--I actually hope it goes well and the rally is successful)

Sigh. I think I know what's wrong with me, but I woke up wishing the world would go away and just let me sleep today. I have these blue moods from time to time. They always make me a little nervous, because in the back of my mind I'm wondering if this time they plan to hang around for a while.

• Like 5

So it turns out that ds12's boy scout troop is having issues with bullying from a small group of boys, which came to light clearly in last weekend's campout.

Ds12 was a victim of some of it - dh said he had reprimand one kid during their hike, but apparently the worst of it happened when there were no adults around. And there were some brothers who were hassled all weekend because their parents have a commercial/residential cleaning service and they once cleaned the house of one of the other scouts. That scout ridiculed them all weekend, calling their dad a housemaid and worse. I know these boys very well and I am as angry about their situation as I am about ds12's. Naturally there were some very livid parents at the scout meeting on Monday night. Dh thinks the scout master will handle it well, and I hope he's right.

One of the kids hassling ds12 is a neighbor of ours, and we didn't know about that until yesterday. I don't know who the other bullies are, but when I find out, I will send their addresses to the ENB.

So then yesterday afternoon, a different neighbor boy was playing with my kids outside and I looked out the front window to see that kid (who is older and much bigger) threatening ds12 with a broomstick. When I confronted him, he said they were "just messing around" which was clearly untrue, because the neighbor's face had been mean, and ds12 was backing away, clearly afraid. And then I remembered how when ds12 hurt his foot and broke his arm a few weeks ago, that neighbor kid said they had been "just messing around". Apparently we have very different definitions of "messing around". That kid's father works at the same company as dh, so dh is going to have a talk with him today.

Mean kids suck.

• Like 5

Have fun storming the castle! (I'm in a Miracle Max mood this morning--I actually hope it goes well and the rally is successful)

Sigh. I think I know what's wrong with me, but I woke up wishing the world would go away and just let me sleep today. I have these blue moods from time to time. They always make me a little nervous, because in the back of my mind I'm wondering if this time they plan to hang around for a while.

:grouphug: I feel that way too, sometimes. Quite often, lately. So far I have managed to come out of it after a few days. But I know that feeling of nervousness; wondering if I will bounce back or not. I think my hormones are outta whack. :) more :grouphug:

• Like 2

So it turns out that ds12's boy scout troop is having issues with bullying from a small group of boys, which came to light clearly in last weekend's campout.

Ds12 was a victim of some of it - dh said he had reprimand one kid during their hike, but apparently the worst of it happened when there were no adults around. And there were some brothers who were hassled all weekend because their parents have a commercial/residential cleaning service and they once cleaned the house of one of the other scouts. That scout ridiculed them all weekend, calling their dad a housemaid and worse. I know these boys very well and I am as angry about their situation as I am about ds12's. Naturally there were some very livid parents at the scout meeting on Monday night. Dh thinks the scout master will handle it well, and I hope he's right.

One of the kids hassling ds12 is a neighbor of ours, and we didn't know about that until yesterday. I don't know who the other bullies are, but when I find out, I will send their addresses to the ENB.

So then yesterday afternoon, a different neighbor boy was playing with my kids outside and I looked out the front window to see that kid (who is older and much bigger) threatening ds12 with a broomstick. When I confronted him, he said they were "just messing around" which was clearly untrue, because the neighbor's face had been mean, and ds12 was backing away, clearly afraid. And then I remembered how when ds12 hurt his foot and broke his arm a few weeks ago, neighbor kid said they had been "just messing around". Apparently we have very different definitions of "messing around". That kid's father works at the same company as dh, so dh is going to have a talk with him today.

Mean kids suck.

This makes me angry. And, yes, mean kids suck. :grouphug: to your ds12, and you and all other the children that were bullied.

• Like 4

Good morning.

Happy Birthday Lynn!

Mean kids suck. ((Susan & DS12)). I hope the scoutmaster comes down on them hard.

I have my final dentist appointment today for a while.

We have no hot water. The breaker to our water heater popped. DH is supposed to come by on his lunch break to fix it.

Coffee.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Spring means flowers here. Flowers make me happy. :)

Flowers > Mud/Ice.  Yay, ikslo!

Good morning!

So glad you slept, Junie!

Didn't get to sleep until very late. Mad about things. A call for the ENB will happen later. First, I need to get breakafast put together (yogurt, strawberries, granola).

Coffee!

yawn.gif  Been up all night with my bazooka and my snowshoes.  So very, very tired...

• Like 6

So then yesterday afternoon, a different neighbor boy was playing with my kids outside and I looked out the front window to see that kid (who is older and much bigger) threatening ds12 with a broomstick. When I confronted him, he said they were "just messing around" which was clearly untrue, because the neighbor's face had been mean, and ds12 was backing away, clearly afraid. And then I remembered how when ds12 hurt his foot and broke his arm a few weeks ago, that neighbor kid said they had been "just messing around". Apparently we have very different definitions of "messing around". That kid's father works at the same company as dh, so dh is going to have a talk with him today.

Mean kids suck.

I'm sorry, Susan, and I'm sorry that your children have to deal with this.

I also wonder about the way we (collective we) are raising our children.  Yes, I know that there have always been mean kids, but I was a kid once and it's worse.  Every time I am forced to go on the public school campus I am shocked (and please recall that I was a criminal prosecutor for almost 20 years; I'm hard to shock.)  Swearing is tolerated, physical horseplay in the halls is not corrected. I've had kids deliberately shove their friends INTO ME in the halls as a "joke" and the alleged hall monitor just roll her eyes in a "what do we do?" gesture.  We are utterly failing to teach our children basic respect for others.  They're all over "I have rights" and "I can say what I what" and "I can wear what I want/do what I want," etc, but they have no appreciation for or understanding of common courtesy and self-restraint.  GAH.

I'm on my way, Susan.

And I'm agonna be carryin' a big stick.  That'll larn 'em!!!

• Like 8

On homeschooling being protective: The protective part isn't the sheltering (although that can be a comfort at times). The protective part is the chronic exposure to love, values, beauty, truth and valor. That's internal shielding, and a weapon against darkness of all shapes and sizes. - Critter

Worth repeating.

Very much so!

• Like 1

I do not need a kitten. 

Today was a first. I got out to the chicken pen and the rooster met me at the gate. Not nicely--he was pecking and scolding me the whole time. I was late in bringing the birds into the garage, and he was evidently worried about it. He practically ran the hens in the pen, got in himself and didn't fuss while I carried the group inside.

Well, he certainly knows what's good for the brood!

• Like 1

There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, "Do trousers matter?"'

‘The mood will pass, sir.’

(The Code of the Woosters, P.G. Wodehouse)

Pretty good TV show, too (the Fry & Laurie one)!  I need to read the books sometime.  Oh, Amazon....

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Darn it, I missed the anniversary by ONE DAY!  I blame the stupidly cold weather. (Seriously. St. Patrick's day, and all the outdoor faucets froze up and I had to carry water to livestock with 2 cracked ribs. Me, not the livestock or the water.)

Here's some happiness for you anyway.

:hurray:  :hurray:  :thumbup1:  :thumbup1:  :party:  :party:  :cheers2:  :cheers2:

Congrats on two years of...um...

SWB

Darn it, I missed the anniversary by ONE DAY!  I blame the stupidly cold weather. (Seriously. St. Patrick's day, and all the outdoor faucets froze up and I had to carry water to livestock with 2 cracked ribs. Me, not the livestock or the water.)

:hurray:  :hurray:  :thumbup1:  :thumbup1:  :party:  :party:  :cheers2:  :cheers2:

Congrats on two years of...um...  MAGNIFICENCE!!!

SWB

FIFY.

And I'm really sorry that you missed the party.  You should really have seen the hot dudes in kilts dancing with shopping carts who then fed us all cupcakes.  It was great.  :001_wub:

• Like 11

Congrats on two years of...um...

SWB

:grouphug:  for the frozen faucets and the cracked ribs.

You should join us more often!!

• Like 6

Have you guys seen "What We Do in the Shadows"? (Available on Amazon Prime) It's a mockumentary of New Zealand vampires. So so funny. (Some language and fake blood)

There are vampires in New Zealand now? I need to get out more.

Hey, it's a blood-sucking Booya/h!!

We studied leeches in science, today, too. Another blood-sucker.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 9