Menu

Ignore this thread!

Hmm, reading the old posts in the thread is fun, at least until I got to where I started the spin-off thread.  I was having fun reading that, too, until I read again how someone wished my spin-off thread out of existence.  It died two posts later.   :crying:

*sniffle sniffle*  It was a FUN spin-off thread, too....

• Like 5

It is also the Ides of March!!!! Beware. Especially if your initials are JC and you happen to be the dictator of Rome!

And that is an assassination Booya/h!!!!

Et tu, Brute?

I am tempted to create a female character with a March 15th birthday, and name her Ida.  Because my girls weren't born anywhere near that date, and with my luck I can't count on having such a granddaughter....

• Like 6

Ok, so I went and re-read page 1.... Slashie, JJM, ,Quackers, AMJ.... you guys are our Founding Mothers. Y'all are the Martha Washington and Abigail Adams of ITT.Wow, so much history! I don't even know when I arrived. Or why! 😂

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 13

Ok, so I went and re-read page 1.... Slashie, JJM, ,Quackers, AMJ.... you guys are our Founding Mothers. Y'all are the Martha Washington and Abigail Adams of ITT.Wow, so much history! I don't even know when I arrived. Or why! 😂

Page 7, dear, post #321!  Here, I've liked it.  Go check your likes and you will find it.

• Like 4

I am tempted to create a female character with a March 15th birthday, and name her Ida.  Because my girls weren't born anywhere near that date, and with my luck I can't count on having such a granddaughter....

FTFY. YW. :001_tt2:

• Like 2

Happy Birthday ITT! Looks like I was around at the time but dutifully ignored the thread until it was over a thousand pages long. Rule follower, that's me. Then I *had* to click over FEAR OF MISSING OUT.

Look how far you've come! An expert ignorer or not and don't boss me!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 8

The boys are blasting through the school day again. And I finished my housekeeping. The clothes are in the dryer. All the dishes are put away, and the used ones waiting to be put in after lunch. An afternoon of writing awaits. :001_smile:

I just set my camp goal for 60 hours editing in the month of April. That's the first time I've been able to set an hourly goal and not a word goal. 

• Like 4

Some ITT wisdom from the past:

My tax advice includes the word "flamethrower" - Jean

Sometimes the line between good parent and bad is not murdering anyone. - Tex

Don't make unnecessary journeys, don't take risks on treacherous roads.

‘And don't swim in the sea!’

Do not wrestle ducklings! - Whitehawk

Pantz are optional. - Dawn

• Like 11

I'm posting just to up my post count. I've been a member here so long, it's a shame I only have almost 900 post. It should be closer to 20,000. I'm a slacker. You may deduct points for that if necessary.

Less than 2 years ago Renai was worried about her post count.  How do you like your numbers now, Renai?   :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 6

Ok. I'm at 900 posts now. Time for me to  start working again. I actually work from home, which can be good and bad. Seeing how I'm on here instead of working, this would count as bad.

Hope to see y'all later tonight. I promise to resurrect this thread if it does, indeed, die.

She was ready, just in case!  We so love you, Renai!

• Like 3

So I paint my toenails, hop on a plane, and by the time I get settled, I have 74 WTM notifications?  74?????  SEVENTY-FOUR???????

People are not taking this thread seriously. 

Points for beginning this post with "so."

Double points for using an oxford comma.  (JoJo, I want in on your club)

Seems like small potatoes now, doesn't it?   :w00t:

• Like 3

:grouphug:  for Junie.

Now, a question:  Are any of you snowshoers?  If so, would you count that as a high-intensity workout?  Even if not, would you please lie, say you are, and answer "yes"?

Twenty-five minutes is about enough to do me in. :svengo:

• Like 3

We are still on for that tropical island ITT reunion with SWB someday, right??

(pssssst...... hey, Suuuuuuusan.....SWBBBBBBB.......

This is where you pop on and say you wouldn't miss it for the world.  We will even buy you a coke.) 

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings
  • Like 10

Now, a question:  Are any of you snowshoers?  If so, would you count that as a high-intensity workout?  Even if not, would you please lie, say you are, and answer "yes"?

Snow shoeing takes a lot out of you - esp. if the trail is not packed but is powder. 

• Like 4

http://snowshoes.com/learn/article/fitness-benefits-of-snowshoeing

• Like 2

So.  What does he say now, AMJ?

:laugh:

Right now he is at work, or he would ask me why I'm reading the thread from the start again (and then tell me never mind, he got it -- thread birthday).

Sometimes he asks about how people on the thread are doing -- general inquiries, just checking in.  Kind of like asking your child about their imaginary friend(s), but knowing someone is really on the other end.

I think he is both perpetually bemused and amused by ITT.   :D

• Like 6

Hard-core workout, and making use of muscles in ways not normally done.  Pace yourself, and don't overdo!

• Like 2

ITT poetry:

ITT

How happy this group has grown

Ramblin’ in this thread alone

Expressing one’s hope, another’s fear

Offered up for help to bear

Each member plays but one tiny part

Daily love to the others to impart

And members, in order to stay carefree,

Know not to go swimming in the sea - ikslo

An Anniversary Haiku

The ITT thread-

Fun, friendship, hashtags, and more-

It will never end - Tex

• Like 9

:svengo: Out of likes!

The likes will come back, tomorrow....

I gotta go edit. I'm searching around for a good online punctuation checker, and have concluded that such an animal does not exist. As redundant as it may be, I simply must bite the bullet, go over the editor's comments on my short story, and defend every comma. Truly, I do misuse them. Truly, proofreading is removing wallpaper. With your fingernails. But if I don't want to pay someone to do it, I will have to do it by myself. I always knew that The Little Red Hen had a moral lesson...

• Like 6

Happy anniversary/birthday!

Good morning!!!!!

Coffee! Coffee! Coffee!

Life has been crazy busy. I think I might be able to see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Just a little sliver.

The rental property has been sold. I should be wrapping that up today.

I almost have tlih's property/bills finished and settled.

I am still overwhelmed. I have missed y'all and thought of everyone each day.

I hope everyone is well and can't wait to hear what has been going on. :wub:

It's DAWN! Hi Dawn!

Happy Birthday, ITT!

:party:  :party: :party:  :party:  

What she said.

Happy Birthday ITT! Looks like I was around at the time but dutifully ignored the thread until it was over a thousand pages long. Rule follower, that's me. Then I *had* to click over FEAR OF MISSING OUT. 

You had no idea!

ITT IS....

2!!!

:party:  :party:  :party:  :party:

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE!!!!

What she said, too.

• Like 11

Longest. Lent. Ever.  :glare: Next year I'm giving up food.  :closedeyes:

Updates!

Me: Still tired all the time, but out of bed daily. Doing mixed martial arts as energy allows because Insanity kept wiping me out for a few days. LOVING my OT study!  :001_wub: I'm retyping it replacing all of God's names with what the scriptures actually said (Elohim/YHWH) and taking my notes as I go. I'm keeping it as an active Google doc so I can keep adding to it over the years. I have a list of things I want to accomplish during Lent, none of which are done.

Matt: Still going bald and snoring. Working hard on his online things. He's only made a little money, but it's supposed to snowball. Or something. His family will be here in a few weeks.  :001_unsure:  :willy_nilly:  :svengo:  :ph34r:

John: Still huge. Loving life, loving school, learning lots, going hiking.

Mary: Continued attitude improvement. I think the tot years were just really hard on her. She wanted to do school too so she's doing written phonogram practice and "math" which is really just her coloring, but she's very proud of herself. :D

Babiness: Learning "no". We are having a hard time teaching him because we would always "spank" the babies with a noisy diaper pat to teach them not to do something, but that frightens him so we're using distraction which isn't nearly as effective! (We never actually spanked the babies, that's just what we called it). He has 4 toofs and has learned to climb on top of the coffee table and walk his playpen around the room.  <_<

Edited by Slache
  • Like 11