Menu

Ignore this thread!

OK, last LAST post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRq0W3jhIyy/?taken-by=deslacheable&hl=en

And happy early birthday Lynn!

:hurray: love you, Slache!

I love you too! MPWA!

Eta: The book in his crib is indestructible and nontoxic. It was around $5 at Powell's and there are a bunch of different ones, if you have any babies. There were some nicer ones, too, but he loves paper and this feels like paper.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 7

OK, last LAST post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRq0W3jhIyy/?taken-by=deslacheable&hl=en

And happy early birthday Lynn!

I love you too! MPWA!

Eta: The book in his crib is indestructible and nontoxic. It was around $5 at Powell's and there are a bunch of different ones, if you have any babies. There were some nicer ones, too, but he loves paper and this feels like paper.

:001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:

• Like 1

Is it too early for afternoon coffee break?

☕ï¸ðŸ·ðŸ¸ðŸ¹ðŸ»ðŸ¾ðŸ¼

🎂ðŸ¿ðŸ«ðŸ’ðŸªðŸ©ðŸ®ðŸ“ðŸ¡ðŸ¦ðŸ­ðŸ°ðŸ§€

Any time is a good time for COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸
  • Like 4

:grouphug: for Junie.

Now, a question: Are any of you snowshoers? If so, would you count that as a high-intensity workout? Even if not, would you please lie, say you are, and answer "yes"?

Twenty-five minutes is about enough to do me in. :svengo:

An honest yes!

• Like 1

ITT poetry:

ITT

How happy this group has grown

Ramblin’ in this thread alone

Expressing one’s hope, another’s fear

Offered up for help to bear

Each member plays but one tiny part

Daily love to the others to impart

And members, in order to stay carefree,

Know not to go swimming in the sea - ikslo

An Anniversary Haiku

The ITT thread-

Fun, friendship, hashtags, and more-

It will never end - Tex

Totally forgot I wrote that. I was reading it, thinking I had remembered reading that! :D

Yay me!

• Like 4

Which reminds me that I will probably need the services of the ENB soon, but it can wait until tomorrow.

Okay, who's going to get it?   :smash:  :boxing_smiley:  :zombiechase:

I have nine felt dolly dresses to cut out by 5:15 ET.  Plus Bible and Math and Two-Year-Old and Dinner and Probably-Also-Taxes-But-Who-Am-I Kidding. 

This is just so much more fun.

Future Duck is not going to be happy with me.  :leaving:

Well, it's past that now, so you can come back to us, right?

• Like 1

Longest. Lent. Ever.  :glare: Next year I'm giving up food.  :closedeyes:

Updates!

Me: Still tired all the time, but out of bed daily. Doing mixed martial arts as energy allows because Insanity kept wiping me out for a few days. LOVING my OT study!  :001_wub: I'm retyping it replacing all of God's names with what the scriptures actually said (Elohim/YHWH) and taking my notes as I go. I'm keeping it as an active Google doc so I can keep adding to it over the years. I have a list of things I want to accomplish during Lent, none of which are done.

Matt: Still going bald and snoring. Working hard on his online things. He's only made a little money, but it's supposed to snowball. Or something. His family will be here in a few weeks.  :001_unsure:  :willy_nilly:  :svengo:  :ph34r:

John: Still huge. Loving life, loving school, learning lots, going hiking.

Mary: Continued attitude improvement. I think the tot years were just really hard on her. She wanted to do school too so she's doing written phonogram practice and "math" which is really just her coloring, but she's very proud of herself. :D

Babiness: Learning "no". We are having a hard time teaching him because we would always "spank" the babies with a noisy diaper pat to teach them not to do something, but that frightens him so we're using distraction which isn't nearly as effective! (We never actually spanked the babies, that's just what we called it). He has 4 toofs and has learned to climb on top of the coffee table and walk his playpen around the room.  <_<

Babiness has a future with the circus!  I've never seen someone walk a playpen around a room on top of a coffee table!  The balance and coordination that must require!

• Like 1

I had COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ Lots of COFFEE!!!! Because I got a text from DS's teacher telling me he got kicked out of class today.😩😩. She was fairly vague since she was going into a meeting right after school. More details are to come.

• Like 1

I had COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ Lots of COFFEE!!!! Because I got a text from DS's teacher telling me he got kicked out of class today.😩😩. She was fairly vague since she was going into a meeting right after school. More details are to come.

:grouphug:

A song from Jean:

I love to go a hunting

for my homeschool books

and as I go, I love to sing

and ignore the dirty looks.

Curriculum, Curricula

Curriculum

Curricula-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

Curriculum Curricula

My happy homeschool books

(To be sung to the tune of The Happy Wanderer)

• Like 6

Love from Heather on our 1st anniversary:

On this fine morning in history, I stand before you all to say thank you. Thank you for being awesome elephant ninja chicks. Thank you for making me laugh at loud, or at least chuckle under my breath often. Thank you for being as close to sisters as one can have in a non-IRL relationship.

You are all beautiful, sweet, smart, and wicked cool, and my life is better for having known you.

I think sometimes today everyone should post their speech. And we need cupcakes. And champagne. (N/A for those who abstain, of course.) And SWB should definitely stop by... Because we are apparently all her besties.

:wub:

to all! (Professormom)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 9

Some ITT wisdom from the past:

My tax advice includes the word "flamethrower" - Jean

Sometimes the line between good parent and bad is not murdering anyone. - Tex

Don't make unnecessary journeys, don't take risks on treacherous roads.

‘And don't swim in the sea!’

Do not wrestle ducklings! - Whitehawk

Pantz are optional. - Dawn

And other ITTisms: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aQ_-lf4f8k19F9pE84cvrye3mODQ0Gf1a4-c4v6Zta4/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 7

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Try not to kill anyone before you get the full explanation, okay?

• Like 2

A song from Jean:

I love to go a hunting

for my homeschool books

and as I go, I love to sing

and ignore the dirty looks.

Curriculum, Curricula

Curriculum

Curricula-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

Curriculum Curricula

My happy homeschool books

(To be sung to the tune of The Happy Wanderer)

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

We should really get together and put on our own Revue sometime!

• Like 2

Well, I took my short person northward to Awana.  After dropping her off at the church, I ran into the grocery store for 1/2 and 1/2.  And then DH called and told me that the highway was closed because of a mudslide.  Which we apparently just missed.  (Thank you, Jesus.)

So I went back to church to pick the short person up early (happily, she had already finished the Cubbie lesson, since it was her week to teach) and came home on one of the back roads.  Which was okay in the light but I would NOT have wanted DH to have to drive it at night.  OOF.  There is flooding everywhere, ponding on the roads, and the roads are just crumbling.  Oy vey, what a winter this was!

• Like 5

DH and the girls have returned from his parents' house -- I sent them without me because a headache set in.  It's better now, and I have leftover fish of uncertain preparation for my breakfast or lunch tomorrow.

It's about time to go to bed, especially since I simply couldn't drag myself out of bed before 7 AM today.  I expect strange dreams however -- on reading the thread's early pages again I have made it to page 16, in which Slashie shared some of her unusual cooking.

Sweet dreams, everyone!  The anniversary continues tomorrow!

• Like 1

Well, I took my short person northward to Awana.  After dropping her off at the church, I ran into the grocery store for 1/2 and 1/2.  And then DH called and told me that the highway was closed because of a mudslide.  Which we apparently just missed.  (Thank you, Jesus.)

So I went back to church to pick the short person up early (happily, she had already finished the Cubbie lesson, since it was her week to teach) and came home on one of the back roads.  Which was okay in the light but I would NOT have wanted DH to have to drive it at night.  OOF.  There is flooding everywhere, ponding on the roads, and the roads are just crumbling.  Oy vey, what a winter this was!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

We REALLY need a St. Christopher icon for posts like this!  Stay safe!

• Like 1

DH was amused by 2 pages of nothingness a couple of years back.  He is resignedly bemused by "two years of 'nothing to see here'".  "The epitomy of nothingness", he says.  Of course!  Only the best kind!

Okay, to bed for real.  G'night!

• Like 1

Are you sure?

Yup!  Though a brief hiatus for some shut-eye.  (If people pause in posting long enough for me to be satisfied I'm not missing a post before going to bed, that is.)

Buenos nachos!

• Like 2

Well, I took my short person northward to Awana. After dropping her off at the church, I ran into the grocery store for 1/2 and 1/2. And then DH called and told me that the highway was closed because of a mudslide. Which we apparently just missed. (Thank you, Jesus.)

So I went back to church to pick the short person up early (happily, she had already finished the Cubbie lesson, since it was her week to teach) and came home on one of the back roads. Which was okay in the light but I would NOT have wanted DH to have to drive it at night. OOF. There is flooding everywhere, ponding on the roads, and the roads are just crumbling. Oy vey, what a winter this was!

I hate winter.

It's a detestable season BOOYAH!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 7