Menu

Ignore this thread!

Why is there so much to do in the story of the world activity guide!? I got it from the library, but I don't think I'm going to buy it. I don't want to do all of this.

You don't have to do it all.  You can pick and choose.

• Like 1

I was a bit disappointed in this particular episode of Sherlock.

The girls are quite perplexed by it.

I found it to be a bit heavy-handed on the surrealism.

Trying not to give any spoilers.  According to our station's listings at pbs.org they will show this episode again this next weekend.

• Like 1

I don't know - I don't think they've considered it before. :)

And halleluia, they are gone!! So. Much. NOISE!!!!!!!!!

I can't really get anything done while they are here because they are the kind of kids who need an eye/ear kept on them. I did get the sofa cushion cover back onto the cushion, though the stain didn't come off (from the bottom of neighbor boy's shoe). I am out of Oxiclean, so I just put the stain on the bottom of the cushion and I'll deal with it later. Also, the turkey was roasted, de-meatified, and put in the fridge ready to be made into broth tomorrow.

My brains are gone.

:grouphug:   Have a nice, quiet supper and evening.  You have earned it!

• Like 1

We don't use the AGs for SOTW. DS has a craft allergy apparently, and it was evident before 1st grade. We still do supplementary stuff, though more books than activities. I was just thinking maybe I need to mail SWB a thank-you note, because DS both enjoys history and knows more about it than I did until around 10th grade.

Gymnast likes crafts, but thankfully she does them mostly on her own. 

I have the AG for SOTW 1 & 2, and like them for the narration questions maps, book lists, and coloring pages. We do an activity here and there. When we get to vols 3 & 4, I always wish I had the AG, but manage to get by without.

I've finally realized that Gymnast really doesn't like coloring pages, or coloring that has to do with school, apparently. She likes crafts and making stuff though.

This is what I'm thinking. That's worth $30. And I can make Matt do the chicken mummy.

We never got to the chicken mummy. Dancer still wants to do it. It'll be a great project to do with Gymnast.

I haven't really decided what to do for 1st. I remember starting SOTW with Dancer, but didn't finish. I think I jumped ship to MFW around that time. I could have continued with SOTW, I guess, but I remember also working. Oh, yeah, I remember. I was only going to work afterschool at a private preschool/kindergarten, but the new teacher backed out and I took the job temporarily. Dancer was allowed to go to work with me. Yeah, that's it. I dropped SOTW because I had enough on my plate. And we didn't like Weiss' voice to listen to it.

Anyway, Dancer still has memories of doing 1st with MFW. I'm thinking I'll just do that with Gymnast. Until it doesn't work. Which is what has been happening with everything else so far, so this plan will probably change.

• Like 4

There is a spoiler thread on the chat board. 

Thank you.  I will steer clear.  

I like Sherlock well enough as a show up until this episode, but I didn't like this one as much.  I wonder if the rest of the season is in a similar vein.

The youngers are now headed to bed and the elders are going to watch Snakes on a Plane! :D

Hey, let me know how it is!  I like cheesy monster or cataclysm movies.  I wonder if this one will be that delectable shade of bad?

• Like 1

John lost another tooth. I don't love KONOS, but the resources listed are neat. Pot roast. :001_wub:

So did Gymnast! On Christmas. A couple of days after the first one finally fell out. Now she has a nice gap for the tooth halfway in, that is taking up 1.5 spaces.  :mellow:

• Like 2

We just finished watching Episode 6 with dd12.  Somehow, she avoided all of the spoilers before watching the movie, so she really didn't know what was going to happen.  It was a lot of fun.  Now she wants to watch Episode 7.  I told her that everyone else had to wait 30 years for Episode 7.  ;)

• Like 6

Hey, let me know how it is! I like cheesy monster or cataclysm movies. I wonder if this one will be that delectable shade of bad?

Oh so awesome! Even better than Sharknado!

Content warnings: a particularly graphic "mile high club" scene early on in the flight. But once that scene is over, it's just gore and language.

The gag reel is also great.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

Grrr! DH's company switched our insurance from Blue Cross to Cigna. I don't know what benefits changed; I'll be combing through the packet tomorrow. But Weapon X has a 'non-categorical language delay' and it's looking like without an official diagnosis they won't cover his speech therapy. At least not without me jumping through quite a few hoops. I just had to vent about it a little; it's keeping me up. I hate insurance companies.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm still up. Again.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to go into work tomorrow. It's a teacher workday, but I have no classroom and nothing to do. I'm thinking I'll stay home until if the principal emails and says she needs me.

I'm going to take Gymnast in to the clinic tomorrow to check her arm. She can bend it, but can't lift her arm up from a bent position. She needs the other arm to hold it up. It's weird.

• Like 4

I'm still up. Again.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to go into work tomorrow. It's a teacher workday, but I have no classroom and nothing to do. I'm thinking I'll stay home until if the principal emails and says she needs me.

I'm going to take Gymnast in to the clinic tomorrow to check her arm. She can bend it, but can't lift her arm up from a bent position. She needs the other arm to hold it up. It's weird.

Did they rotate the elbow back into position? 

Did they rotate the elbow back into position? 

All I saw him do was touch certain areas asking if it hurt. But, that might not mean anything, because I remember one time a nurse doing that and very subtly putting the elbow back into place. But she told me what she did. This doctor didn't mention anything like that.

• Like 1

Renai, I hope gymnast's arm is going to be OK?
Sending the Sleepy Vibes, Jean.
Susan, you can have half my eyebrows too!

Just showed the kids some experts from 'John Cleese on How to Irritate People' (pre-Monty Python - 1968). They were totally flummoxed over the idea of there only being one screen in a house, and having to watch a television show at a set time instead of on demand.

Edited by IsabelC
  • Like 9

Good Tuesday morning!

Good evening Isabel!

I have an eyebrow "gel" except it's more like mascara. I don't use it everyday. Everyday makeup is concealer, eyeshadow (1 quick neutral color), eyeliner, mascara, lipstick (mostly to keep from having chapped lips). I know you needed to know that.

Oldest is back to school today. He doesn't know what his schedule is yet. Hoping he likes it whatever it is.

This booyah his dedicated to folks restarting school everywhere.

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 9

Good morning. One drawback to having roosters as guests is that they believe everyone ought to wake up at midnight. And four-thirty. Because. So I am taking advantage of the natural alarm clocks to get some writing and chores done early this morning. As long as I sit quietly and sip my tea I shouldn't get too nauseous. 

• Like 7

Good Morning! My hubby woke me up because he thought school started back today. Um, no, that's next week.

I love having this extra week to get things done before starting school! (Mostly - the kids are doing math and music practice this week).

Good morning! Good evening, Isabel!

We are up and have full tummies (eggs and biscuits, complements of dh) and are doing chores. I have to get the turkey broth started, get some forms and a check ready to mail, and then head out to Aldi and Sam's Club.

One rooster is bad enough, but a whole garage full of them? Oy.

I only wear makeup when I expect prolonged/profound contact with society. Usually just some Covergirl Aquasmooth (concealer/powder combo) and eyebrow pencil. For a more gussied up look, I'll add a bit of blush and lipstick. Mascara and eyeliner would probably look wonderful, but alas and alak. I worry about my eyes getting itchy and it getting smeared all over the place.

Coffee!

• Like 5

One rooster is bad enough, but a whole garage full of them? Oy.

At least they are all pint-sized. They are loud, but after having full sized roosters, I can say that the bantam is less loud. That said, I think the choir makes up for the lack of baritones in their enthusiasm for singing.

• Like 6

I don't know. Maybe AMJ... 😜

The only Marie we knew was my childhood bff's mom. I think...

Marie was my grandmother (paternal grandmother), hence my middle name.  I have always gone by my first name, to avoid confusion.

My first name is my mother's middle name.

• Like 5

Oh so awesome! Even better than Sharknado!

Content warnings: a particularly graphic "mile high club" scene early on in the flight. But once that scene is over, it's just gore and language.

The gag reel is also great.

Thanks!  I will have to check that one out.   :laugh:

• Like 1

Grrr! DH's company switched our insurance from Blue Cross to Cigna. I don't know what benefits changed; I'll be combing through the packet tomorrow. But Weapon X has a 'non-categorical language delay' and it's looking like without an official diagnosis they won't cover his speech therapy. At least not without me jumping through quite a few hoops. I just had to vent about it a little; it's keeping me up. I hate insurance companies.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 2