Menu

Ignore this thread!

Ricky is a good name for a cat. So is Chester. Both rhyme well, so you could say Rikki-Tikki, or Chester Sylvester. Because all cats get middle names eventually.

My cats have never had middle names. What am I doing wrong???!!!???!!!!!  :ohmy:  :willy_nilly:

• Like 5

Every single animal we've ever had in our family has had the middle name of Marie. Well, except the one and only boy dog we have had. Dh has done this. If I hadn't known him since I was 12, I would wonder who Marie was.

Sooo, who´s Marie?

• Like 3

My cats have never had middle names. What am I doing wrong???!!!???!!!!!  :ohmy:  :willy_nilly:

Yes they have.  You have just been unaware of them.  Cats have lots of names they never tell humans about.

• Like 4

My middle name is Dawn. I'm the only one in the family without a saint for my middle name. I wonder if that means something. :mellow:

You are special.  You do not require a saint to intercede for you.   :Angel_anim:

• Like 2

To continue to Sherlock or delay?  The kids want to see it, too, and I told them we can put it on the big TV.  I told them it's rather pixilated and stuttery, but they still want to see it this evening. 

So, do I keep watching now and watch again in a little while?  I have no inclination to do any further useful stuff today.  I'm crabby, and Sherlock is like chocolate.

• Like 1

Most of my Christmas stuff is down, waiting for Mr. Ellie to come home and take the boxes back upstairs. The tree is still up, and my Dickens village, but they can come down tonight.

And not only did I pantz, but I washed hair. No make-up, though. Kinda scary...

• Like 4

Weapon X said he wanted chicken nuggets for dinner. I told him we could go get some if he got dressed. Then he said he was cold, snuggled under a blanket on the couch, and promptly fell asleep. I guess we're not going anywhere after all.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Why is there so much to do in the story of the world activity guide!? I got it from the library, but I don't think I'm going to buy it. I don't want to do all of this.

Pick and choose, girlfriend! Some weeks, all we do is read SOTW. Other weeks, we read SOTW & do a couple of suggested books too.  Sometimes we do SOTW & the recipe suggested.    Think of it as a buffet! You've got options!

• Like 4

Why is there so much to do in the story of the world activity guide!? I got it from the library, but I don't think I'm going to buy it. I don't want to do all of this.

Good call. It has all the options which can be overwhelming. The maps are nice. I already knew about other books, mostly. Didn't need the rest.

• Like 1

It's a buffet. Choose what you want and leave the rest. :D

If you notice, there are different types of activities, so different things will appeal to different people. It's a good thing - unless you feel the need to do all the things. That would be bad. Because impossible.

• Like 3

DD15 should see that one! I bet my nephews would also get a kick out of it! Will your kids be publishing it on YouTube?

I don't know - I don't think they've considered it before. :)

And halleluia, they are gone!! So. Much. NOISE!!!!!!!!!

I can't really get anything done while they are here because they are the kind of kids who need an eye/ear kept on them. I did get the sofa cushion cover back onto the cushion, though the stain didn't come off (from the bottom of neighbor boy's shoe). I am out of Oxiclean, so I just put the stain on the bottom of the cushion and I'll deal with it later. Also, the turkey was roasted, de-meatified, and put in the fridge ready to be made into broth tomorrow.

My brains are gone.

• Like 5

I never wear makeup.

I wear chapstick.

Pick and choose, girlfriend! Some weeks, all we do is read SOTW. Other weeks, we read SOTW & do a couple of suggested books too. Sometimes we do SOTW & the recipe suggested. Think of it as a buffet! You've got options!

I know. I just thought I was done making lists and apparently I'm not.

Good call. It has all the options which can be overwhelming. The maps are nice. I already knew about other books, mostly. Didn't need the rest.

I've never heard of most of these books and I think I'm going to buy it for the map activities. The PDF is cheap. It would also allow Mary to "do" the activities as well since she seems to insist on such things.

It's a buffet. Choose what you want and leave the rest. :D

If you notice, there are different types of activities, so different things will appeal to different people. It's a good thing - unless you feel the need to do all the things. That would be bad. Because impossible.

I don't craft.

#badhomeschoolmom

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3

Most of my Christmas stuff is down, waiting for Mr. Ellie to come home and take the boxes back upstairs. The tree is still up, and my Dickens village, but they can come down tonight.

And not only did I pantz, but I washed hair. No make-up, though. Kinda scary...

We took off all the decorations off the tree, except the candy canes. And the star. I put away the Christmas train from under the tree, the Santas, the various little Nativities around the house (forgot my oldest and smallest sitting next to the tv  :svengo: ), and the couple of village-type things.

I put out the nice porcelain Nativity, and that with the tree and lights will remain out until Gymnast's birthday, which is two days after Epiphany, and the day before baptism of Christ (I think. Ellie, you mentioned this one so help me out here!). Gymnast wants the tree up for her birthday. Since we kept it up for Epiphany (that is Three Kings Day, right?) anyway, a couple of days more won't hurt. :D

We will be taking down the lights from outside, because another year will fade them beyond anything presentable. I don't know when that will happen, though.

• Like 4

Well, I am back. I went to the AFSA. Dh made this little fence thingie for me to put on the mantel of our fireplace. It's hard to describe and I can't upload a picture. So, anyhow, it is a momentous occasion for me in my decorating career. Because I am a terrible decorator. But I envisioned this and carried it out (with help from Dh) and I am very happy.

My middle name is Ruth. Kristen Ruth is my name. Ruth is a family name. None of our cats have middle names.

• Like 6

Yeah. I looked at and quickly passed.

Actually, so did I, lol. All that talk about a buffet. A friend of mine gifted me SOTW4 AG, I took in the buffet, got full, and it sat on my shelf for a few years. It may have been because I wasn't doing SOTW. Or...it may have been something else. I don't know.

• Like 2

We don't use the AGs for SOTW. DS has a craft allergy apparently, and it was evident before 1st grade. We still do supplementary stuff, though more books than activities. I was just thinking maybe I need to mail SWB a thank-you note, because DS both enjoys history and knows more about it than I did until around 10th grade.

• Like 4

I have the AG for SOTW 1 & 2, and like them for the narration questions maps, book lists, and coloring pages. We do an activity here and there. When we get to vols 3 & 4, I always wish I had the AG, but manage to get by without.

This is what I'm thinking. That's worth $30. And I can make Matt do the chicken mummy.

• Like 4