Menu

Ignore this thread!

I am proud of my bad self. I have just managed to condense 205,000 words into a six page synopsis, complete with a rough outline. I've also managed to contrive a nice twist at the end of the novel that sets up for a sequel. Now I will have lunch, clean house a little and work on a scene index for the rewriting process. July Camp NaNo starts tomorrow.

I'm not much good at planning the writing, so we shall see how well I've done over the next month or so.

• Like 7

The other night I made a cucumber and tomato salad with a red wine vinaigrette, and that's all the family has wanted to eat every day since. I mean, besides other food! So, now need to take a break to make more salad.

I usually sprinkle my cucumber and tomato salad with pepper, lemon juice, and feta. Please share recipe. :D

Eta: And I use red onion.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 2

Citrus allergy here, so no lemon juice. It's just cucumber, tomato, and red onion mixed with oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, and a dash of salt to taste. The other night I used canola oil. Today, I decided to use olive oil and it seems heavier with a stronger oil flavor.  I think I'm going to stick with canola oil from here on out.

• Like 2

Citrus allergy here, so no lemon juice. It's just cucumber, tomato, and red onion mixed with oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, and a dash of salt to taste. The other night I used canola oil. Today, I decided to use olive oil and it seems heavier with a stronger oil flavor. I think I'm going to stick with canola oil from here on out.

I would use olive oil, but only like 2/3 of what you would otherwise use. I love olive oil though.
  • Like 1

The other night I made a cucumber and tomato salad with a red wine vinaigrette, and that's all the family has wanted to eat every day since. I mean, besides other food! So, now need to take a break to make more salad.

I like that, too. I made it last night. And added some avocado and frozen corn. I would have added fresh green onion, too, but mine are too little. And my vinaigrette was made with white wine vinegar. I've been on a white wine vinegar kick lately. So, I guess I didn't really make what you made. I made my own thing, but it shared ingredients with yours. Like in a Venn diagram. Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

I like that, too. I made it last night. And added some avocado and frozen corn. I would have added fresh green onion, too, but mine are too little. And my vinaigrette was made with white wine vinegar. I've been on a white wine vinegar kick lately. So, I guess I didn't really make what you made. I made my own thing, but it shared ingredients with yours. Like in a Venn diagram.

Yesterday, dd16 took the leftovers and added corn from a corn on the cob and some sugar snap peas. She liked that, too.

• Like 2

Citrus allergy here, so no lemon juice. It's just cucumber, tomato, and red onion mixed with oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, and a dash of salt to taste. The other night I used canola oil. Today, I decided to use olive oil and it seems heavier with a stronger oil flavor.  I think I'm going to stick with canola oil from here on out.

Your salad sounds lovely & like something we eat here all the time. 

olive oils can have quite different flavours & some are very very mild & sweet. Ds got heavily hooked on some flavours of olive oil while travelling in Italy. He sometimes goes to tiny delis and buys little & ridiculously expensive bottles of EVOO to drizzle on bruschetta. 

• Like 5

Except, it was 8am. And they're big cement buckets. We're talking 2-3 gallons that were in the bucket. And I was gone for about 10 minutes at the most. It was even more weird that he got so upset about it when I asked.

But Jean told me to chalk it up to one of life's unsolved mysteries, so I guess I will. Sigh. 

To quote the bard:  The man doth protest too much, methinks.  

I like that, too. I made it last night. And added some avocado and frozen corn. I would have added fresh green onion, too, but mine are too little. And my vinaigrette was made with white wine vinegar. I've been on a white wine vinegar kick lately. So, I guess I didn't really make what you made. I made my own thing, but it shared ingredients with yours. Like in a Venn diagram.

Educational post of the day.   :thumbup1:

• Like 7

I am ketchupped.

I slept from 4 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. I could've rested longer, but mom had a Dr. appointment at 10 a.m. At least I slept some.

The appointment went well. She took the last prednisone yesterday so we will see how things go. The trip wore her out, and she has been sleeping most of the afternoon.

Happy Birthday, Susan's ds. :party: :party: :party:

Congratulations, Jean's ds! College, Yay! :party:

Edited by Openhearted
  • Like 6

Ok, my theory is that when you picked up the hose to put it in the bucket, it wasn't a hose. It was a snake. 

And the snake drank the water and left.  I have imagined it all out, in a kind of animated cartoon style.  Your audience laughed the entire time. 

There may be some truth to this. It has happened again.  :huh: 

This time to my husband. He had me fill a bucket part way to use for mixing cement. He started digging, after a while I went back inside. He called me out all confused asking me where was his water. I looked in the bucket and there's about an inch or two left.

He thinks the hose sucked it back up. That's weird though, because it's never happened before.

• Like 4

There may be some truth to this. It has happened again. :huh:

This time to my husband. He had me fill a bucket part way to use for mixing cement. He started digging, after a while I went back inside. He called me out all confused asking me where was his water. I looked in the bucket and there's about an inch or two left.

He thinks the hose sucked it back up. That's weird though, because it's never happened before.

Is it like 400 degrees? If so I have a theory.
  • Like 1

Dh is going to be unhappy with me because I will be feeding him leftovers. But really. If we don't eat this food there won't be room for new. So he's going to just have to suck it up. If he would just do it without me being aware of his leftover loathing I would appreciate it.

I have heard of this malady. There is no cure. Fortunately for me, my family members do not suffer from it.

• Like 3

There is no hole, or the ground would be wet. It is not. And, this was a different bucket.

And the mystery continues...

Sometimes things are just not explainable. Like the time, about 6-7 years ago when we kept finding bikini swimsuit tops in out back yard. We don't have a pool. But these bikini swim suit tops just appeared on our back lawn. At different times, it was all very strange,
  • Like 3

So, I'm doing the read-alouds using SL 4/5 which I purchased last school year to start in January and never did. I've started the readings during her rest time this week. It seems like we'll be going through these very quickly, and that includes re-reading stories she requests.

• Like 2

Oh my gosh! WiLl this movie ever end???

Dh is watching "Forrest Gump" and I've always hated that movie!!!

I remember watching Forrest Gump with my mom.  (We rented the VHS!)

As the movie ended, she looked at me and said, "Junie, that is your father."  Well, not exactly; but, in many ways, yes.  And it really helped me to see him in a different (better) light.

My parents divorced when I was little.  My dad had (undiagnosed) PTSD from Vietnam.  He was mentally slow (not as slow as Forrest, but pretty slow).  Also, he was from the South (Arkansas).  So many similarities.  He was really not a good dad, but watching that movie helped me to see that he did the best he could.  (He was not abusive, just kind of clueless.)  His heart was in the right place.

And he was a good soldier.  No purple heart or meeting the president, but he served three terms in Vietnam -- and I found that I could be proud of him for that.  He died over a decade ago; I am glad that I found a way to be proud of him.

Oh, and my dad never ran across the country and there's no fortune from selling shrimp. :lol:   But I kind of like to think of my dad being like Forrest Gump.

Sorry this post got so long.  But I knew that y'all would understand.

And I agree that the movie is way too long.  :)

• Like 9

Oh, and a funny story about my dad.

My sister and I learned early on to not believe everything he told us.

One day he was singing an Elvis song (badly/off key/loudly).  He told us that he (my dad) wrote that song and that Elvis stole it from him while they were in the Army.

Um, sure.  :gnorsi:

After the internet was invented I looked up Elvis's service in the Army and realized that they didn't serve at the same time.

So, no money from shrimp and no money from Elvis royalties either.  Hmph!

• Like 6

Good Friday Morning.  I woke up and then snoozed for a little bit, and then woke up and had to remember what day it is.  It's Friday.  

Points for Slache.  And brownies.  

Junie, I was both tearing up and laughing at what you wrote about your Dad.  So glad you found understanding.  

• Like 5

Good Morning, Ladies! The weekend of the Family Reunion has begun! I just need to get through it. I pick up DD today. The church hired a bus to bring the kids home from camp. Should be arriving at the church around 10:30. I still have baking to do for the reunion!

Junie, thanks for the story about your dad. I liked hearing about him!

Regarding the movie.... I liked the movie, but I saw it after all the hype and IMO, it didn't live up to the hype. I was expecting something fantabulous and I didn't think it was that. That's happend to me a couple of times, so I am always really hesitant about gushing over something. Because I might think something is great, but other people might think... meh!

• Like 5

Good morning! I was up late and slept late!

Any chance of second sleep, Dawn?

Junie, thanks for telling us about your dad - 😊

This afternoon dd13 has book club and we have an Old Lady Party. I need to get back to work on the pantry.

No second sleep for me. Once I'm up and doing things, I can't take a nap or second sleep. My body just won't relax.

• Like 2

It's Canada Day!

The birds are singing. I'm giving dd a ride & then have to get some things for ds.  

Then my houseguest will arrive: my parents are going to Europe for a vacay & their little dog is coming to stay with us. 

We're officially on summer break.  

• Like 9