Menu

Ignore this thread!

There is a very good chance that I will have a new dishwasher this weekend! One that doesn't require a second person to hold the machine in place while the first person loads or unloads. And that works on more than one cycle. AND THAT MY PLATES WILL FIT INTO!!! :)

• Like 9

People are not taking this thread seriously!

I was just thinking the same thing!

Lunch and bread baking have been occupying my time. Now, I gotta get the kitchen cleaned up! I hate doing dishes.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

I just got formally terminated.

It's not just me -they're eliminating all the contractor positions, but still.  I've never been terminated before.

Sigh.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I'm sorry.  I think you need cake.  Or ice cream.  Or both.  And pie.  And maybe some brownies.

ETA:  I forgot cookies.  :svengo:

Edited by Junie
  • Like 5

It's not just me -they're eliminating all the contractor positions, but still. I've never been terminated before.

Sigh.

That stinks!

(Dd made the most delicious cake yesterday - vanilla cake with raspberry filling and chocolate fudge frosting. I will share some with you... 🰠)

• Like 1

It is too hot to want to be outside.  We tried to go to the park with a group of friends at 10am and the kids were so tired that they were crying half an hour later.  We went to the library, all drippy with sweat, and I ran into a lady I know and was super embarrassed.  We did drive through for lunch because I was afraid we'd bump into someone else we know.  Can I just hibernate until November?   :nopity:

• Like 4

I have a PMS headache. They have been getting stronger over the course of the last year. Ikslo not happy.

It's a menstrual menace Booya.

#doesntdeserveanh

I read your post and had to firmly put my brain back on track because it wanted to wonder why a 12yo boy is having pms issues. It's the avatar. You can't change it or I'll get lost.

(Zero days since last inappropriate incident.)

• Like 5

There is a very good chance that I will have a new dishwasher this weekend! One that doesn't require a second person to hold the machine in place while the first person loads or unloads. And that works on more than one cycle. AND THAT MY PLATES WILL FIT INTO!!! :)

Yay!  (I want to know if you took your plates to Lowes to see if they fit in the dishwasher?  Was it Lowes?)

It's not just me -they're eliminating all the contractor positions, but still.  I've never been terminated before.

Sigh.

:grouphug:

It's Canada Day!

The birds are singing. I'm giving dd a ride & then have to get some things for ds.  

Then my houseguest will arrive: my parents are going to Europe for a vacay & their little dog is coming to stay with us. 

We're officially on summer break.  

Happy Canada Day!

• Like 3

We have been running all over creation buying training materials for the Spartan obstacle race.  We went to Home Depot for some of it.  The older gentleman helping us was bemused by our choices and our non-construction uses for them.  At the feed store we had a bit of a language barrier but a  teen who works there came to our assistance since Renai was no where to be found.  Did you know that  hay bales are much more expensive than I ever expected?  I got the brilliant idea though to get wrapped horse bedding (white shavings) wrapped in plastic that makes an inexpensive and light and non-messy target for spears (sharpened rake handles).  Dd is very excited. 

• Like 2

And while I'm thinking about Canada, I have a question.  Is Canadian speech as varied as American speech?  I know that there's a distinct difference in the way people pronounce things in, say, Boston, Dallas, Minnesota.  Is there a difference between Toronto and Vancouver?

• Like 2

We have been running all over creation buying training materials for the Spartan obstacle race.  We went to Home Depot for some of it.  The older gentleman helping us was bemused by our choices and our non-construction uses for them.  At the feed store we had a bit of a language barrier but a  teen who works there came to our assistance since Renai was no where to be found.  Did you know that  hay bales are much more expensive than I ever expected?  I got the brilliant idea though to get wrapped horse bedding (white shavings) wrapped in plastic that makes an inexpensive and light and non-messy target for spears (sharpened rake handles).  Dd is very excited. 

It's much cheaper by the ton.  But that might be a tad more than you need.  I have about a ton of last year's hay left; you can have a couple of bales if you'd like.  But then there'd be transportation costs...

• Like 3

Ds15 had a baseball game that didn't start until 9.   :svengo:  (I stayed home with the girls.)  The game ended early because our team only had 10 players and 2 got injured.  Basic math, folks.  You can't play baseball with only 8, so we had to forfeit.  :(  And our season has come to an end.  :(  :(

One of the injured players is ds15.  He's the catcher and got hit in the face-mask-thing with a foul ball.  Apparently he was showing concussion-like symptoms.  So as soon as dh brings him home, I get to take a trip to the ER for a concussion eval.  It sounds like it's minor, but I still want to get it checked.

Friday night.  Holiday weekend.  This could be a long night.  I wonder how many books I should take...

• Like 2

And while I'm waiting for them to get home (and for ds15 to take a shower):  It's time for Storytime with Junie.  Two nights in a row.  Y'all are so lucky!  ;)

When dd11 was only 5 days old, I started showing signs of what my mom said looked like Bell's Palsy.  (She was right.)  But while I was consulting Dr. Google, I read that sometimes women can have a stroke a few days after childbirth, but it is largely missed and sometimes fatal.  When I read those words, I decided that I needed to go to the ER to be sure.  Dh would drive and the newborn would come along, as she was exclusively breastfed.  My parents were in town to stay with the kids (only 2!)

The baby nursed to sleep in the waiting room, so I just kept her under the blanket to shield her as much as possible from the lights/sound/germs.  I was taken back to triage where they ask 1,001 questions.  When they got to the "Are you possibly pregnant?" question, I literally laughed out loud.  The nurse seemed a bit offended until I pulled the blanket off of the sleeping baby's head.  "You have a baby under there!  I thought you were just cold."  :)  This was so fun for me.  I have never used birth control, so there is always the slight possibility that I could be pregnant.  Except not when I'm 5 days post-partem.

• Like 8

Ds15 had a baseball game that didn't start until 9. :svengo: (I stayed home with the girls.) The game ended early because our team only had 10 players and 2 got injured. Basic math, folks. You can't play baseball with only 8, so we had to forfeit. :( And our season has come to an end. :( :(

One of the injured players is ds15. He's the catcher and got hit in the face-mask-thing with a foul ball. Apparently he was showing concussion-like symptoms. So as soon as dh brings him home, I get to take a trip to the ER for a concussion eval. It sounds like it's minor, but I still want to get it checked.

Friday night. Holiday weekend. This could be a long night. I wonder how many books I should take...

Hoping he's okay :grouphug:

• Like 1

Ds15 had a baseball game that didn't start until 9. :svengo: (I stayed home with the girls.) The game ended early because our team only had 10 players and 2 got injured. Basic math, folks. You can't play baseball with only 8, so we had to forfeit. :( And our season has come to an end. :( :(

One of the injured players is ds15. He's the catcher and got hit in the face-mask-thing with a foul ball. Apparently he was showing concussion-like symptoms. So as soon as dh brings him home, I get to take a trip to the ER for a concussion eval. It sounds like it's minor, but I still want to get it checked.

Friday night. Holiday weekend. This could be a long night. I wonder how many books I should take...

Oh Junie! Hope he is OK!

I like your story! :D