Menu

Ignore this thread!

I don't understand what was wrong with me but I had 3 bowls of chicken soup, 2 water bottles, 2 rolls and 2 brownies. And I'm utterly exhausted. Can't keep my eyes open. Real quick...

1. I appear to have lost 20 pounds in water the past 3 days. I still have some but my feet are feeling much better and my clothes are more comfortable.

2. Mary hasn't soiled a diaper in almost a week and is getting underwear tomorrow. All her doing.

Did they run a baseline hemoglobin on you?  The utterly exhausted thing comes from heavy blood loss.  I'd buy a bottle of Floradix from the health food store when finances allow.  It tasted so oddly good (all of the iron) that I felt like a vampire.  A month or so in, it was so revolting I couldn't stand it and I knew my hemoglobin had come up.  Either drink it like a shot or sip through a straw because it will stain your teeth---follow it with a chaser of orange juice to boost absorption rates and clean out your palate.

• Like 5

Good morning, everyone!

Happy Birthday Susan's oldest.

Congratulations, Slashie, for not dying.

JJM, you are not ignored! You are loved very much!

Critter gets the pants (for some reason I that reminded me of the three witches in.... was it Macbeth? that shared the eye) and the writer's retreat sounds wonderful!

Welcome Betty! It's always wonderful to have someone else fall into the quicksand... er...join our little group.

Ikslo and Lynn, glad to see ya.

Jeanie, are you having Second Sleep?

Am I missing anyone?

Aaack Prairie! Good morning to you, too!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 8

Did they run a baseline hemoglobin on you? The utterly exhausted thing comes from heavy blood loss. I'd buy a bottle of Floradix from the health food store when finances allow. It tasted so oddly good (all of the iron) that I felt like a vampire. A month or so in, it was so revolting I couldn't stand it and I knew my hemoglobin had come up. Either drink it like a shot or sip through a straw because it will stain your teeth---follow it with a chaser of orange juice to boost absorption rates and clean out your palate.

No. They were useless. I feel better now, just a little sick like I'm getting over a cold. My ability to recover from blood loss is inhuman. I've had lots of experience.

Sewing! On a machine? What's your goal? I can only do basic sewing like maxi skirts and quilts. If you've never made a quilt you should try it. They're so easy and everyone is always so impressed. I've made 3.

• Like 2

My oldest is 21 years old today! We were all up at 5:30 this morning to prepare for Birthday Breakfast before ds had to leave for work. I found his gifts hidden at the bottom of a box filled with misc. clothing items. ? So organized I am.

For the record, I do not remember you mentioning gifts in a misc. clothing box.

• Like 5

I think dh wants to make me certifiably crazy. No, really. I went to garden commune. There is a large yellow bucket and green water can. I put the garden hose inside the yellow bucket, go out the gate to around the corner to turn the water on. I come back, use the hose to fill the green water can, then place the hose back in the yellow bucket. When the bucket is almost half full, I go back to turn the water off. From there, I get the diatomaceous earth to make war on the ants. The earth is in my old blue car, which is parked near the outdoor faucet. When I finish making war, I go back to the yard and find most of the water in the yellow bucket is gone.

I ask dh what happened to the water. I'm thinking maybe he used it to water the rose bush. He tells me that maybe I didn't put water in the yellow bucket. :huh:   I'm like, dude, the garden hose began and ended in the bucket and is, in fact, still in the bucket. Of course I put water in it. Well, maybe I used it and can't remember. I haven't been in the yard, man. And I start to explain my movements that morning, etc., and he maintains I had to have used it and don't remember, and maybe I should check the plants to see which ones I watered already. :confused1:  I explained again (and again) I can't water the plants if I haven't been in the yard.

As much as I've tried, I have not come up with an effective duplication potion for myself. He actually really got upset over this and flew off the handle. I just wanted to know what happened to the water. I considered maybe there was a leak in the bucket, but there wasn't enough water on the ground (dirt and rocks) to confirm that theory. I asked him why he was so upset over this, I just want to know where's the water. He just told me to forget about it and  not think about it.

This was one of the weirdest "fights" we've had in a long time. And I still don't know what happened to the water.

• Like 3

If you're one of the original posters from this thread go back to the beginning and look at your likes. The variance in dates is hilarious. Bensmom started liking my posts at almost 5 this morning. I have a number of likes from Lynn and JJM who I didn't know at the time. :001_wub:

• Like 2

No. They were useless. I feel better now, just a little sick like I'm getting over a cold. My ability to recover from blood loss is inhuman. I've had lots of experience.

Sewing! On a machine? What's your goal? I can only do basic sewing like maxi skirts and quilts. If you've never made a quilt you should try it. They're so easy and everyone is always so impressed. I've made 3.

I come from a long line of quilters. I used to quilt more when fabric wasn't so crazy expensive.  Now it's $150ish just for fabric and thread for a quilt.   That, and free time for sewing is hard to come by.

I'd like to teach dd basic dressmaking and alterations. Being able to rehab a prom dress can save tons of money, and basic clothing management (sewing buttons, replacing zippers, hemming pants) skills can make thrift stores your friend.  We've evolved/devolved into a society with disposable clothing, but I really like the European model of owning a few good quality pieces in basic styles and keeping them for a long time.  

Anyway, we're starting with basic sewing machine skills....straight lines, pedal control, and threading a machine.

• Like 4

I think dh wants to make me certifiably crazy. No, really. I went to garden commune. There is a large yellow bucket and green water can. I put the garden hose inside the yellow bucket, go out the gate to around the corner to turn the water on. I come back, use the hose to fill the green water can, then place the hose back in the yellow bucket. When the bucket is almost half full, I go back to turn the water off. From there, I get the diatomaceous earth to make war on the ants. The earth is in my old blue car, which is parked near the outdoor faucet. When I finish making war, I go back to the yard and find most of the water in the yellow bucket is gone.

I ask dh what happened to the water. I'm thinking maybe he used it to water the rose bush. He tells me that maybe I didn't put water in the yellow bucket. :huh:   I'm like, dude, the garden hose began and ended in the bucket and is, in fact, still in the bucket. Of course I put water in it. Well, maybe I used it and can't remember. I haven't been in the yard, man. And I start to explain my movements that morning, etc., and he maintains I had to have used it and don't remember, and maybe I should check the plants to see which ones I watered already. :confused1:  I explained again (and again) I can't water the plants if I haven't been in the yard.

As much as I've tried, I have not come up with an effective duplication potion for myself. He actually really got upset over this and flew off the handle. I just wanted to know what happened to the water. I considered maybe there was a leak in the bucket, but there wasn't enough water on the ground (dirt and rocks) to confirm that theory. I asked him why he was so upset over this, I just want to know where's the water. He just told me to forget about it and  not think about it.

This was one of the weirdest "fights" we've had in a long time. And I still don't know what happened to the water.

Maybe it evaporated in the heat?  :coolgleamA:

SaveSave

• Like 1

Just a note that Kaiser (which Slache has) is it's own animal. It really is different from other systems because it is managed care, which an emphasis on the "managed" part (ie they decide a lot for you).

We were very happy with it until now. It would appear that they rock routine care but don't handle emergencies well. I'm not sure. Maybe we were just lucky.

It's an open enrollment is in November BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 4

We were very happy with it until now. It would appear that they rock routine care but don't handle emergencies well. I'm not sure. Maybe we were just lucky.

You forgot the Booya/h, "Booya/h Babe!"

There ya go!
  • Like 1

I have to go to the Walmart this morning. I am not happy about that fact. I have to make Presbyterian Potato Bake (aka hashbrowns casserole, but that's what they call it in my church cookbook) for 125 people. So, I have to get the groceries. I am setting my face like flint and going into this weekend with my teeth gritted. I hate large gatherings, I hate having to visit with people.... and that's all I 'm going to do from tomorrow night till Sunday night. Not that there's anything wrong with my extended family. Overall they are good, kind and loving people. They really are. Except for the criminal element.... but it's a white color crime (bilking people out of millions in a Ponzi scheme) and they aren't going to be there anyhow. But... I just want to be left alone.

• Like 2

I'm with your DH on this one.  It's obvious you are losing your mind.  :lol:

Seriously, though, could it have been one of the girls?

• Like 1

Maybe it evaporated in the heat?  :coolgleamA:

SaveSave

Except, it was 8am. And they're big cement buckets. We're talking 2-3 gallons that were in the bucket. And I was gone for about 10 minutes at the most. It was even more weird that he got so upset about it when I asked.

But Jean told me to chalk it up to one of life's unsolved mysteries, so I guess I will. Sigh. 

Ok, my theory is that when you picked up the hose to put it in the bucket, it wasn't a hose. It was a snake. 

And the snake drank the water and left.  I have imagined it all out, in a kind of animated cartoon style.  Your audience laughed the entire time. 

• Like 7

I have to go to the Walmart this morning. I am not happy about that fact. I have to make Presbyterian Potato Bake (aka hashbrowns casserole, but that's what they call it in my church cookbook) for 125 people. So, I have to get the groceries. I am setting my face like flint and going into this weekend with my teeth gritted. I hate large gatherings, I hate having to visit with people.... and that's all I 'm going to do from tomorrow night till Sunday night. Not that there's anything wrong with my extended family. Overall they are good, kind and loving people. They really are. Except for the criminal element.... but it's a white color crime (bilking people out of millions in a Ponzi scheme) and they aren't going to be there anyhow. But... I just want to be left alone.

Don't swim in the sea!

I survived the Walmart yesterday. It wasn't even my usual one, so I had no idea where anything was and forgot to buy bread and butter. I got out by the skin of my teeth.

• Like 2

This summarizes the pros and cons of managed care perfectly.  They also aren't so good at weird stuff that doesn't fit neatly in a diagnostic box. 

• Like 2

I'm with your DH on this one.  It's obvious you are losing your mind.  :lol:

Seriously, though, could it have been one of the girls?

Brat.

Dd16 was already gone to her college class. When I left the gate, Gymnast had been indoors watching tv. When I came back, she was inside watching tv. There is a possibility that she went out to water plants while I was gone, but I think I would have seen splashed water EVERYWHERE (she uses an old pot that dh put holes at the bottom for that purpose), and the container plants would have been wet. It had rained the night before, so I couldn't really tell if more water had been added to the garden.

• Like 1

Dh and I have had arguments like this recently.  Just a guess here, but maybe your dh got mad because he can't remember if he did anything with the water.  Sometimes I think that I'm losing my mind because dh says that I said/did whatever and I can't remember.  At first I chalked it up to him being wrong  :lol: , but the more it kept happening I have had to come to grips with the fact that my memory might be fading.  It's kind of scary.

• Like 3

Well, it's time to hit the books. I got more boxes yesterday (the lady I've been getting them from is a district something with Avon :D). I'm removing every book from every shelf, moving the shelves and cleaning behind them. It hasn't been done in...a long time. Then, I'll choose the shelves I want to keep, and sort my books accordingly.

Dh is almost done with the pathway. He and Gymnast went back down to the river to look for more flagstone pieces. I'll post a pic in a bit.

• Like 2

Dh and I have had arguments like this recently.  Just a guess here, but maybe your dh got mad because he can't remember if he did anything with the water.  Sometimes I think that I'm losing my mind because dh says that I said/did whatever and I can't remember.  At first I chalked it up to him being wrong  :lol: , but the more it kept happening I have had to come to grips with the fact that my memory might be fading.  It's kind of scary.

I think the ONLY thing I have going for me is my memory. My eyesight, my hearing, and my understanding of Spanish (thus understanding my dh), is all going downhill.  :lol:  Then again, my family seems to think my memory isn't exactly improving either, so there's that. Sigh...

• Like 2