Menu

Ignore this thread!

The ER won't see me. They said to make an OBGYN appointment but they don't have an opening this week. I guess I'll just go home and die. At least my family will be rich.

What do you mean, they won't see you? They are an ER aren't they? I don't understand how Kaiser works (or doesn't work)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I got checked in she asked me a few questions and said that it's something the OBGYN needs to see. I've never gone to a kaiser ER before, just urgent care. I thought about going to urgent care but I don't want to do anything else. I'm hungry and tired and my kids are cranky from missing their nap.

2 hours, 5 pads. This thread is helpful. ;)

It's too much. Here, if my midwife was not available to come over right away, I'd be calling an ambulance. Actually, my midwife would probably say call the ambulance & I'll meet you at the hospital. 

Given the insurance issues you guys seem to face, I'd say: 

Call your obgyn's office, tell them  "I'm experiencing severe bleeding, 5 pads in 2 hours.  I need to see someone now." Do not get off the phone until they tell you where to go to be seen in the next hour. 

• Like 3

How that should have worked: you show up in the ER, they triage you and start a bag of ringer's solution while they page the ob-gyn on duty.  

What kind of pad are you wearing? Because, seriously, when I went through 4 maxi pads in an hour, I'd already lost a liter of blood before they got it stopped.   Stay laying down, and call your ob's office again and tell them how many pads you are going through. Or, better yet, show up in their office and bleed on their furniture.  When you have blood coming down your leg, they take you pretty seriously.

• Like 2

Always Infiniti. I know this situation is wrong. I haven't understood so much of their behavior since I was one week post-op. It's like their job is done and I need to just stay home and heal without complications or pain medication after the first week.

How are youfeeling, Slash? Is Mary with you still?

I hurt and I'm nauseated. I'm never nauseated. I assume that's bad. I'm really upset. I keep crying. I'm afraid no treatment will cause a more difficult recovery from whatever this is.

Slache, IMO you need to be seen by a doctor today.  Is there anyone (from your church or w/e) who can keep John and Mary for a few hours?

ETA:  I have no experience with C-sections, but I do have experience with over-doing it after a baby is born and then bleeding too much.  And between the moving, the playground, and the doctor fiascos, it seems that you've overdone it.  BTDT.  It's hard to just sit and wait.  Hugs.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 6

Slache, IMO you need to be seen by a doctor today. Is there anyone (from your church or w/e) who can keep John and Mary for a few hours?

ETA: I have no experience with C-sections, but I do have experience with over-doing it after a baby is born and then bleeding too much. And between the moving, the playground, and the doctor fiascos, it seems that you've overdone it. BTDT. It's hard to just sit and wait. Hugs.

I've only sat at the playground and was only walking around on moving day once for 4 hours which was too much but I don't think it's related. I think something is wrong and has been wrong since the surgery.

Oh, what a fantastic booya.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3

I've only sat at the playground and was only walking around on moving day once for 4 hours which was too much but I don't think it's related. I think something is wrong and has been wrong since the surgery.

I mentioned the playground because when you posted about it I remembered thinking that I would not have been able to do a playground that soon after the baby was born.  Even just walking to the playground -- especially carrying a baby -- would have been too much for me.

• Like 1

Maybe there's another baby in there?!?!  ;)

• Like 1

Ds doesn't want me meeting with the college guidance counselor with him.  OK.  He is 19.  He can do this.  But there is a bit of a feeling of "ack! he doesn't need me!  And what if he screws it all up!" 

***hugs***  I'd be hyperventilating in your shoes as well.  I've been trying to hand over the reins more to my 14yo with EF issues and celebrate the successes and not panic over the failures.

I'm trying to get dd to talk to the DE counselor about her fall classes not showing up on her schedule. That, and a book she needs for her current class. It didn't happen today. Sigh. Maybe tomorrow. I have half a mind to just email the woman myself, but I really want dd to do it.

• Like 2

Slash, that is concerning, as everyone has already mentioned and as your own instincts are telling you.

Also, did you say you were carrying Alex in a car seat before you fell yesterday? That more than likely is not the probably you're having now, but wanted to warn you that a friend of mine doing that (she had her section 2 months after I did) wound up with a hernia. Nothing heavier than the baby, ya hear?

I'm trying to get dd to talk to the DE counselor about her fall classes not showing up on her schedule. That, and a book she needs for her current class. It didn't happen today. Sigh. Maybe tomorrow. I have half a mind to just email the woman myself, but I really want dd to do it.[/quote/]

So ds had a successful appointment. They pretty much got his courses mapped out for the next two years including what is required to transfer to the state U.

But I asked him before he went in, "Do you have a list of things to discuss?" "Yes, Mom".

Afterwards I asked "what did he say about ABC?"

"I forgot to ask about that. "

"Ok. So what did he say about DEF?"

"I forgot to ask about that. "

I foresee some other appointments in his near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

At ER now.

Matt set the car seat on the fountain yesterday before he left. I have not carried it yet.

Something warm sounds great. Why?

Please tell them that if you are not treated there is an angry woman with a bazooka headed their way.

Hugs, Slash. I'm praying for comfort, peace, and healing.

• Like 2

I back. Didn't get picked. Well, there was like 75 people there and I sat and sat and sat and they got their 12 + alternates and said, "Bye-bye, thank you for your service," to the rest of us. I really dodged the bullet, though. It was at least a 10 day civil trial that looked to be incredibly boring. So, besides the childcare problem, it would have overlapped VBS, of which I am director. Whew!

• Like 9

I back. Didn't get picked. Well, there was like 75 people there and I sat and sat and sat and they got their 12 + alternates and said, "Bye-bye, thank you for your service," to the rest of us. I really dodged the bullet, though. It was at least a 10 day civil trial that looked to be incredibly boring. So, besides the childcare problem, it would have overlapped VBS, of which I am director. Whew!

I remember being called for jury duty once. Dd16 was about 7, and they don't care about homeschooling or being the principal caregiver or lack of childcare. I called trying to let them know that dd would have to be there because there was no where else for her to go, and we'd be taking the bus, so hopefully it didn't rain (no other transportation). I showed up on time, with dd and her backpack in tow. She sat in the back row doing homework or drawing or something. 

They said the case had to do with drugs, but I don't remember the details. They asked if anyone had ever worked in within the criminal justice system, I was one of a few to raise my hand (juvenile corrections officer). No problem. Then, they asked if there was any background that could possibly prejudice us against the defendant. I raised my hand and asked to approach the bench. I told them I was sexually assaulted by a drug addict/dealer, and that biased me. They countered with that it was not a sexual assault case. I said I didn't care what kind of case it was, drugs and the assault were correlated in my mind, and the defendant was already guilty.

I wasn't chosen for that jury. Well, shucks.

• Like 5

My neighbor and I were called for the same trial a number of years ago.  I asked to be excused because of childcare issues.  The judge said that was what grandparents were for.  It didn't matter to him that my ILs were already showing signs of dementia and that I did not trust them with my kids.  I said that I was homeschooling ds (2nd grade, I think).  He said that I could homeschool at night and on the weekends.  I actually did get excused from that case for a very similar reason to Renai's.  My neighbor stayed as a juror and said that it was a pretty graphic case dealing with DV and child abuse.  It lasted a number of months as well.  I would love to be a juror on a short one day something on a tame topic! 

• Like 3

I actually would like to be a juror, just not now. And on a more interesting case. This one was some doctors were suing their accountants. Or the other way around. I don't even know. I couldn't figure out who was the plaintiff. Yes, it was that boring.

• Like 4

At ER now.

Matt set the car seat on the fountain yesterday before he left. I have not carried it yet.

Something warm sounds great. Why?

You said that you were cold and nauseated.  Plus, possible dehydration from blood loss.

My mom used to make us Jello Juice when we were sick.  Basically, you make the Jello and then drink it instead of putting it in the fridge to gel.  Some flavors are sooo good this way.  It was my mom's way of getting calories and liquid in me when I didn't feel like eating.

• Like 3

You said that you were cold and nauseated. Plus, possible dehydration from blood loss.

My mom used to make us Jello Juice when we were sick. Basically, you make the Jello and then drink it instead of putting it in the fridge to gel. Some flavors are sooo good this way. It was my mom's way of getting calories and liquid in me when I didn't feel like eating.

I thought you were diagnosing me. :laugh:
  • Like 1