Menu

Ignore this thread!

WHAT AN ADORABLE FUR BABY!!! I WANT!!!!

She's very cute. I'm in the midst of trying to non-coercively clip her belly. It involves taking lots of breaks. In between I've dremelled my dogs' nails, brushed one, & cleaned the ears on another. Tag team grooming salon. I'm covered in fur and dust.  I think I'll do another 30 min &  call it done for today & do more tomorrow. 

• Like 3

She's very cute. I'm in the midst of trying to non-coercively clip her belly. It involves taking lots of breaks. In between I've dremelled my dogs' nails, brushed one, & cleaned the ears on another. Tag team grooming salon. I'm covered in fur and dust.  I think I'll do another 30 min &  call it done for today & do more tomorrow. 

Rocky and Libby need grooming.  I don't live THAT far away from you. . . .

• Like 3

Rocky and Libby need grooming.  I don't live THAT far away from you. . . .

You'd probably reconsider after seeing the mess I'm making of her. In my defense, I keep finding mats but my mom doesn't want her shaved all the way down so I'm making a weird tufted animal.

I suck at actual real grooming;  my dogs are wash & wear easy peasy.  Dremelling the most complicated thing I do on my guys.  

This little moppet needs a full time stylist who actually knows what they're doing. Right now I've done her belly. I've been teasing her that she's got a brazillian for summer...

• Like 6

Yesterday, I had marinated three pork chops for ranchero-style chuletas. I didn't cook one of them (they were really big), so that and another chop I added to the marinade are being made into a green chile stew. Dh is taking care of it as I type. :D

• Like 5

Hi everyone! We're back! Got a bunch of tired kids. Had a great day out at the private lake of these dairy farmers. It was a very good day! I managed to keep the sun off me, but it was so hot.... I drank a ton of water, yet still haven't peed since 11:00 this morning. (I'm sure you all wanted to know that!)

We had everyone's favorite - Taco Hell!! I had a soft taco and 1/2 of a chicken quesadilla.

we had street tacos from a taco truck my cousins brought in. They were really good!

And this is a Taco Truck Booya/h!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

Jawm.  I hate it when I'm reading the forum, glance at the poster (because maybe I really agreed with what she said, or whatever) and don't recognize the name, and then see they have a high post count (say, 3000 or higher) and realize it's possibly someone I used to recognize but can't anymore because I didn't know they changed their name.  I could be wrong.  There could be 8000+ posters here that I don't know.  I might be wrong that they recently changed their name.  I am jumping to conclusions a bit, but it still makes me feel like I "lost" someone.  

• Like 9

I'm up. I have tea. I had cat hairball to clean up and sick dog to clean up. Merry, merry me. It never fails. All I have to do is "think" about escaping out of the house to write and somebody needs me to stick around and hold their paw all day.

• Like 5

I am home from work. Didn't check in to ITT last night because I was busting my rear trying to get in my first word count for camp. 5,000, yo! :cool:

Yes, Camp NaNo is here. I've got another 50,000 word goal to meet, but I'm secretly trying to do more than that.

I love plums. I love the plum poem. It speaks to me.

I hate summer. I would be glad to join a hibernaculum until early October.

I have no plans for the fourth of July. I am ridiculously proud of this.

Oh, is it the 4th? Huh.

(Me on Friday at work suddenly realizing we had Monday off.)

• Like 5

I was able to get to church this morning. Ds21 stayed with mom.

VBS starts on the 18th. I am a helper this year. Not a director, thank goodness. Hopefully mom continues to do well, so that I may be able to help.

My homeschool conference/workshop is this week, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I have to teach ds21 how to give insulin shots. I am a little excited about it, but trying not to be too much in case I'm not able to go. If mom doesn't get any worse I should be ok.

It is raining here and cooler.

• Like 5

I'm up, I'm up! Dishwasher running, laundry washed and in dryer, pets fed, leftovers out of fridge (tomorrow's garbage day), finicky dog walked out front, and I'm having coffee! Off to Aldi, then work! Two more days, then a day off! Dh leaves for Ft. Worth tomorrow, and won't be back until Friday.

Today should be a busy one at work. We're supposed to be having Sunday Fun day, and a sundae bar.

I'm fighting my twice-yearly allergies/asthma/sinus crud. Praying it's gone quickly!

Have a great Sunday, y'all!!!

Angi, what do you do?

• Like 2

My family went to church without me because I got out of bed and fell asleep on the toilet and then fell asleep again in the living room while talking to dd9. They should be back about now. I am having coffee.

:grouphug:

Perhaps they should not have left you alone? Falling asleep on the toilet is not exactly normal for you, is it?

• Like 6

(((Susan)))  Sorry you are so tired!  You aren't ill are you?

:grouphug:

Perhaps they should not have left you alone? Falling asleep on the toilet is not exactly normal for you, is it?

Susan, you sound either very ill or terribly exhausted.  Whatever it is, I hope you have people around to look out for you.

I couldn't sleep because I was feeling a bit yucky but also was upset because a neighbor boy (the 6yo, not the door bell kid) hit dd7 with a ("soft") baseball bat yesterday and I am struggling to find a way to deal with it that does not involved calling the kid bad names and knocking him upside the head.

We are fairly sure he and his brother get their abusive tendencies from their home environment, so we hesitate to get the parents involved. The boy himself shows signs of extreme fear if I even gently reprimand him. On the other hand, he is not allowed to abuse my girls.

For now, we have told my kids that they may not play with this boy. If he is playing with "everyone" (there is a large group of kids here that all play together) they can tell him to go home and if he won't go home, then my kids have to leave. I am hoping that some social pressure will influence him.

I couldn't sleep because I was feeling a bit yucky but also was upset because a neighbor boy (the 6yo, not the door bell kid) hit dd7 with a ("soft") baseball bat yesterday and I am struggling to find a way to deal with it that does not involved calling the kid bad names and knocking him upside the head.

We are fairly sure he and his brother get their abusive tendencies from their home environment, so we hesitate to get the parents involved. The boy himself shows signs of extreme fear if I even gently reprimand him. On the other hand, he is not allowed to abuse my girls.

For now, we have told my kids that they may not play with this boy. If he is playing with "everyone" (there is a large group of kids here that all play together) they can tell him to go home and if he won't go home, then my kids have to leave. I am hoping that some social pressure will influence him.

:grouphug: Susan and Susan's dd7

• Like 3

(((Susan)))

Jean - you have an electricity super power!

Ikslo - I let "cr@p" fly under my breath once this afternoon. Thought you should know. :D

I'm partial to $h.t and that other 4 letter word. But fudge is used often since DS was born.

• Like 3

Once I left my career in the medical field, and never wanted to go back, I looked for things to do with dc in tow. Now, I work at a country club, where I'm allowed to bring dc and homeschool them during slow times. Best of both worlds! Usually, I run the childcare there, and work in the office and handle payroll. Sometimes I'm an event planner. This summer I'm running the little restaurant by the pool, and the pool, plus supervising the childcare and still doing payroll, events, and some office work. I love that I can do just about anything I can think of and am willing to try here!

That's so cool!
  • Like 3