Menu

Lands End returns

Night Elf

Are they easy? I'm always leery of ordering clothing online because I can't try it on first. I have to hope it fits. I'm thinking of ordering some different sizes of pants for ds, but that obviously means I'll be returning the ones that don't work.

Yes! You can return by mail or even return at your local Sears store.

Yes, that is so true!  If you have a Sears store near you, you can save on the postage and return things there even if they don't carry what you are returning. I found that to be really cool! :hurray:

Sears made us pay postage to return our Lands End stuff, so no advantage there.

Recently? I have not had to pay postage on returns, but it probably has been a year or so that I had one.

The guarantee on their clothing is frustrating because you need to have your receipt. I have a nice coat that the zipper broke that I bought a couple of years ago. Their guarantee is on the price you paid, not the product, so if you don't have the receipt, they will just give you a couple of dollars (unless it was a recent purchase and they can pull it up). I thought the guarantee was on the product itself, but I have been proved wrong.

Lands' End is sort of famous for their return policy. In 2005, they accepted the return of a $19,000 vintage car purchased from the cover of their holiday catalog in 1984. They gave a complete refund, no questions asked.

I've never returned a car, but I've always found them to go above and beyond anytime I've needed help.

Yes, it is easy to return to Sears.  However, I returned some swimming suits last year.  The cashier told me that she'd let it pass that time but in the future they will require me to try the suits on and show them why it didn't work.  Yeah right, that's not happening.  But, maybe I just got a cashier with an attitude.  Their quality hasn't been the same since Sears bought them.  It's possible Sears has since spun it off into its own org, but I'm not sure.

Lands' End is sort of famous for their return policy. In 2005, they accepted the return of a $19,000 vintage car purchased from the cover of their holiday catalog in 1984. They gave a complete refund, no questions asked.

I've never returned a car, but I've always found them to go above and beyond anytime I've needed help.

I think their return policy has been revised. They will return with no questions asked, but if you don't have the receipt, they will give you the price that the item last sold for, not a comparable product. If you do have the receipt, you will get the price you paid.

I think their return policy has been revised. They will return with no questions asked, but if you don't have the receipt, they will give you the price that the item last sold for, not a comparable product. If you do have the receipt, you will get the price you paid.

I usually have my receipt so I don't know. Not sure how they ever would have refunded the purchase price without a record of the purchase price, though.

I still think it's pretty amazing they would refund $19K on a car more than 20 years later.

I usually have my receipt so I don't know. Not sure how they ever would have refunded the purchase price without a record of the purchase price, though.

I still think it's pretty amazing they would refund $19K on a car more than 20 years later.

It is amazing that they that did that 20 years ago.

However, you are paying for that guarantee in their prices which may be why you chose to buy that brand in the first place.

I do save all my receipts by year. I think I need to start saving Lands End and Kohls receipts separately so they are easier to find.

When you return an item to Sears, if you want to exchange it for the same item, and still get your sale price - our store will re-order the item for you even if they don't have it in stock, for the price you paid. They also offer a percentage off any shopping you do that day, which is nice.

I've never paid postage, or been questioned about a return. Certainly never asked to try on a bathing suit! :)

Yes, it is easy to return to Sears. However, I returned some swimming suits last year. The cashier told me that she'd let it pass that time but in the future they will require me to try the suits on and show them why it didn't work. Yeah right, that's not happening. But, maybe I just got a cashier with an attitude. Their quality hasn't been the same since Sears bought them. It's possible Sears has since spun it off into its own org, but I'm not sure.

That's crazy. There's no way that's their policy. I would have complained about her.

• Like 5

Recently? I have not had to pay postage on returns, but it probably has been a year or so that I had one.

Last year.  Spring.  We actually decided to return to Sears because we thought we wouldn't be charged postage, but we were wrong and they did.  

I like LL Bean.  When you have their visa card, you get free returns (and free shipping, although I think that is standard for them now).  Plus their quality is still good.

• Like 1

I brought it up. Sorry for mentioning anything about it. Geesh!

I'm sorry to have upset you. I only meant that a lack of receipt shouldn't be a problem for the OP.

I don't think any of the Sears stores around here have Lands' End departments. I wonder if that affects whether you have to pay postage for returning in store. The one nearest to me only sells appliances and tools, for example, and I've never even considered trying to return anything there because I just assumed they wouldn't accept them. 

• Like 1

I'm sorry to have upset you. I only meant that a lack of receipt shouldn't be a problem for the OP.

I don't think any of the Sears stores around here have Lands' End departments. I wonder if that affects whether you have to pay postage for returning in store. The one nearest to me only sells appliances and tools, for example, and I've never even considered trying to return anything there because I just assumed they wouldn't accept them. 

No, ours doesn't have a Lands End department. I think that poster just got ripped off.

I have a Sears at the mall, so I'm sure they are a regular department store that sells clothes and what not. Would they always have a Lands End counter?

And yes, I'll keep the receipt. I usually toss them as soon as I receive an item, but I know I'm returning items.

Now I just have to get past the prices. I'm still trying to decide if I want to try their comfort waist pants.