Menu

Warning: pro-yoga pants content. :)

Hikin' Mama

I've never had a pair of yoga pants, but I've read several of the threads about them here. Well, I tried on a couple pair today, and I thought, "Where have you been all my life?" They were super cute, flattering, and oh my goodness the most comfortable thing I think a person could wear! Now, I didn't buy any because I'm doing the nothing new challenge, so I will continue to try to find a pair or two used. And I don't want to debate what I'm going to say next (that's already been done on this board), but I really don't see how they could be immodest. They aren't skin tight like workout pants or running tights--which I do wear for obvious practical reasons while running in the cold--and I think they look just as nice as jeans. I want some!

Mine are looser on the legs but form fitted in the seat area. No big deal to me, as my jeans fit about the same. Plus I'm in my mid-50's and not too concerned about looking like a hussy.  My days of caring what other people think of me are long past.  (I also have long hair and it's turning gray and I refuse to color it or cut it short. Talk about getting judged...)

I adore all of my yoga pants. I wear them almost every day. If I am just running errands around our small town, I wear them. If I go to the nearest big city for doctor's appointments, co-op, trip to the mall, etc. then I DON'T wear my yoga pants. Otherwise, though, you'll find me in my yoga pants. I feel happy just thinking about them. :)

I have a couple pairs for lounging around the house and they are gloriously comfortable!!  I can't wear them out of the house though because I'm very tall and they are flood water pants on me.  I could buy Tall length, but they are so ridiculously expensive it's just not worth it.  

I am too long-legged for most I find too. Though recently, someone on here mentioned that Target has them in tall sizes. I just got in a pair of leggings from Long Tall Sally that are long enough that they bunch up at my ankles (and I have a 36" inseam!). They fit perfectly in the body too. 

I know! I swear they give you super powers. Can you make a deal and sacrifice a pair of lounge pants for them?

They can be quite immodest, especially the lighter colored ones that show more detail of your body. Some are see through in the sun, so see through in fact that you can sometimes tell what color a woman's panties are. Not that it's any of my business what somebody else wears, but if you pay attention you'll see why people feel that way.  ;)

I know! I swear they give you super powers. Can you make a deal and sacrifice a pair of lounge pants for them?

They can be quite immodest, especially the lighter colored ones that show more detail of your body. Some are see through in the sun, so see through in fact that you can sometimes tell what color a woman's panties are. Not that it's any of my business what somebody else wears, but if you pay attention you'll see why people feel that way. ;)

The ones I tried on were black and thick. No undies would show through. I don't think I've ever actually seen someone's panties through their clothing. Now sticking out above their pants is a whole 'nuther issue. :)

This board made me buy a pair and now I'm waiting for extra funds to buy more. I bought mine at Walmart during the Black Friday sales with a matching tank top for $9. I would live in them if I could :D

Um... why can't you?

If I put anything else on John asks "Are we going to church?"

I have worn mine to church......

Harlot! I wore mine to work (church secretary). I was supposed to be alone with the Pastor all day and one of *those* women showed up. She didn't say a word to me, just stood between her husband and I, and gave me a book about proper Christian behavior on Sunday. I showed it to my husband and he said "Did ****** give that to you?"  :lol:

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/bcg-153-women-39-s-seamless-space-dye-jacket/pid-1211991

This is my new go to jacket to wear with my compression leggings or yoga pants. Sooo comfy and it has the fun little thumb hole. I can wear it around the house, wear it to the park, go for a jog in it...

I think this jacket plus yogas should be the next homeschool uniform

Yoga pants would be perfect if they came with a tiny pocket for an ID, keys, and some cash. I love my yoga pants. I could wear them all day, sleep in them, and almost never take them off except I don't carry a purse. I put jeans or cords on to go places so I can have a pocket to stash my keys and cards in. 

I don't feel they are immodest at all. Mine aren't see through, they aren't especially tight, and even if they were, I wear them with longer shirts. They are like much cooler sweat pants. 

Anyone know of yoga pants with pockets?

Yoga pants would be perfect if they came with a tiny pocket for an ID, keys, and some cash. I love my yoga pants. I could wear them all day, sleep in them, and almost never take them off except I don't carry a purse. I put jeans or cords on to go places so I can have a pocket to stash my keys and cards in. 

I don't feel they are immodest at all. Mine aren't see through, they aren't especially tight, and even if they were, I wear them with longer shirts. They are like much cooler sweat pants. 

Costco. I see you fixed your typo. ;)

all of my new ones have invisible pockets somewhere on the waist. 

all of my new ones have invisible pockets somewhere on the waist. 

From where? I haven't bought any new ones in years. Mine have all held up really well, but I'd love a couple new ones with pockets so I never had to wear anything else! We don't have a Costco. 

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/bcg-153-women-39-s-seamless-space-dye-jacket/pid-1211991

This is my new go to jacket to wear with my compression leggings or yoga pants. Sooo comfy and it has the fun little thumb hole. I can wear it around the house, wear it to the park, go for a jog in it...

Ohh now you did :D I just found my school uniform outside of scrubs :)

From where? I haven't bought any new ones in years. Mine have all held up really well, but I'd love a couple new ones with pockets so I never had to wear anything else! We don't have a Costco. 

I like compression typically. In compression pants, I have some with pockets by Old Navy, Underarmor and Gap. In yoga, looser fitted style, I have some with pocket by Gap and BCG from Academy Sports.

Why? What's the point of these?

Well, I have many reasons for liking these. I shall be judged shortly. I know it.

1st reason: I wear them as PJs at times, they don't tangle around my ankles when I toss and turn, they don't ride up. They behave. They aren't hot. 

2nd reason: I wake up and I am nearly dressed. 

3rd reason: IF I go to bed with sports bra on as well, I am ready for my jog as soon as I wake!

4th reason: they are more runner friendly. I hate the feel of the legs "slapping" together when I walk and jog

5th reason: they hide my cottage cheese thighs by smoothing those pesky lumps out!

eta: 6th reason and most importantly: my inner thighs don't rub while I jog. They would otherwise annoy the snot out of me. Huge issue.

Well, I have many reasons for liking these. I shall be judged shortly. I know it.

1st reason: I wear them as PJs at times, they don't tangle around my ankles when I toss and turn, they don't ride up. They behave. They aren't hot. 

2nd reason: I wake up and I am nearly dressed. 

3rd reason: IF I go to bed with sports bra on as well, I am ready for my jog as soon as I wake!

4th reason: they are more runner friendly. I hate the feel of the legs "slapping" together when I walk and jog

5th reason: they hide my cottage cheese thighs by smoothing those pesky lumps out!

eta: 6th reason and most importantly: my inner thighs don't rub while I jog. They would otherwise annoy the snot out of me. Huge issue.

Thanks. I was going to try running again when I get my new shoes. I'll check them out.

That is cute! You people sure aren't helping me with my nothing new challenge. ;)

I actually had a picture in my head of yoga pants, and then I thought I'd use google images to see that I had the right thing....oh my!  Lots and lots of ladies bending over to show their butt (& more), and the vast majority of the pants are see-through.  That is so not yoga pants in my mind, that is see-through leggings.  I'm not sure about anyone else, but they are far from flattering, sexy or appealing in my opinion - I can't imagine any guy I know would think so, either!  I think I had the compression style more in mind, and they are cute.

These are the ones I like that are long:

http://m.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=GSX-Womens-Hyper-Formance-Fitness-Drawstring-Pant&i=791180

These have a back waistband zipper pocket:

http://m.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=GSX-Womens-Hyper-Formance-Fitness-Pant&i=791201

capri:

http://m.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=GSX-Womens-Hyper-Formance-Capri-Pant&i=791202

These are "fitness pants" as opposed to yoga pants. I think they are the same dang thing. I like the fabric and the fit a lot.

Would some of you please attach pics (or links to) of the types you like best?

Thanks!

I think these are the ones I tried on today, although I don't recall anything about tummy control on the tag. Also, it says the model is 5'9". I'm 5'6" and I don't know if these would have worked if I were 3 inches taller.

http://tjmaxx.tjx.com/store/jump/product/Tummy-Control-Pant/1000040786?colorId=NS1003537

I still like my lululemons and my nikes.

I have Nike legend - very similar to the second photo down (first photo of individual model) but I think mine are a previous year's style... http://insider.nike.com/us/launch/nike-legend-pant-collection/

Old lulus are thick. The new ones are a bit thinner (which is nice if you've forgotten to do laundry and desperately want them to dry in time for class LOL)

I also have some compression crops from Old Navy which have really stood up well to really hard use and frequent washing.

I'm coveting an underarmour pair like mandylubug linked .. I tried on a ua and loved the feel of the fabric. Lulu wonderunders are similar to ua...both a lot more pricey than old navy.

Oh and all my pants have pockets; either hidden in the waist or a cute zippered pocket in the small of the back.

I still like my lululemons and my nikes.

I have Nike legend - very similar to the second photo down (first photo of individual model) but I think mine are a previous year's style... http://insider.nike.com/us/launch/nike-legend-pant-collection/

Old lulus are thick. The new ones are a bit thinner (which is nice if you've forgotten to do laundry and desperately want them to dry in time for class LOL)

I also have some compression crops from Old Navy which have really stood up well to really hard use and frequent washing.

I'm coveting an underarmour pair like mandylubug linked .. I tried on a ua and loved the feel of the fabric. Lulu wonderunders are similar to ua...both a lot more pricey than old navy.

Oh and all my pants have pockets; either hidden in the waist or a cute zippered pocket in the small of the back.

LOVE!! I have cheapo target Champion ones. I don't exactly resemble those models though. What a heinie on that chick!

I have the slightly shorter version of those to wear under my maxi-dresses in the summer (the darker dresses, of course).  It sounds weird, but they're not hot, wick away sweat (at least the one I have do), and keep my legs from rubbing against each other.  

I just realized I'm sitting here wearing drawstring yoga pants with front pockets (loose legs), a T-shirt, and a jacket very similar to the one Mandylubug linked upthread.  Of course I didn't leave the house today though, and James Bond is out of town for a few weeks, so it doesn't really matter.  Ha, like he's never seen me in my yoga pants before!

Has anyone seen the betabrand dress yoga pants?  They have them in multiple colors and styles.  I've always wanted to try them, but they are pricey.  They look wonderful though. http://www.betabrand.com/womens/pants/womens-black-straight-fit-dress-pant-yoga-pants.html

Honestly, I think it's difficult to tell the difference sometimes between yoga pants and just back trousers.  Some look almost identical. 

The ones I tried on were black and thick. No undies would show through. I don't think I've ever actually seen someone's panties through their clothing. Now sticking out above their pants is a whole 'nuther issue. :)

I have. She was putting her groceries in the car and I could see her undies clear as day. At least they were nice undies.