Menu

"Cupcakes are at the center of a growing national debate on school snacks."

DragonFaerie

Mmmmmmmmmm. Cupcakes.

ABC is awfully behind the Hive. How long ago was the cupcake thread?

Yes, and what I really want to know is whether or not cupcakes stuck in anybody's craw.

I only like the tops of cupcakes, so really I only like the frosting. The cake is just the delivery system for the good stuff.

We should have cupcakes together.  I could live without the frosting, but I like the cake part, especially the bottom part with the ridges from the paper wrapper.

Can someone link the old thread for a newbie, please? I can't seem to find it.

I can't find it, either. That thread may have been deleted when the copyright infringement issue came up. There were a zillion pictures in that thread.

I can summarize, though. The OP said cupcakes for classroom birthday parties "sticks in [her] craw." Many disagreed. Mayhem ensued. It went to kilts and kilted-men-eating-cupcakes and adventuresome flavors of cupcakes.

*Sigh* good times.

And I believe it was the longest thread ever and reached maximum replies, right?

Was it? I didn't recall that part. I know the original Tea thread was veeeeeerry long.

I've been reading through the tea thread since posting the link. It's like a little humor therapy I should engage in twice a year. It was post #74 where the "tea" euphemism really took off. Nicole M posted the absolute, hands-down, most hilarious post in WTM history. Of course, she needed the initial post by Amy Loves Bud as fodder for the tea euphemism.

So funny! So, so, so...

Wow! I only read the last page but that was NOT what I had in mind when I thought 'tea thread' LOL. I was wondering how a discussion about a simple beverage could turn into the longest thread ever...

It was long but there was a longer thread since then, iirc.

Eta: long thread: Confess your unpopular opinion

Yes!  That's a newer thread and the one that contains the only post I have ever made that got 50+ likes.  LOL

I think the Cupcake thread was from my last pregnancy so 2 1/2 years old or so.

Well, here's the anniversary of the cupcake thread thread. :D  There's a link in the first paragraph, but the original thread appears to be gone.

Ha!  That was my thread.  I can't believe the original was deleted.  That just blows.  It was so much fun, and led me to my avatar.  I'm so sad we can't read it.  :(  The tea thread is wildly amusing though.

There seems to be some sort of serious division between the frosting/no frosting people.  Let's not start a war.  Or let's do!  That sounds like way more fun.

BTW, what is wrong with multi quote?  I can only quote one at a time.

When we lived in Brooklyn, the ice cream man used to park his truck right outside of the elementary school at dismissal time.  It seemed horrible at the time, but was probably a great business idea.

People who ban all sweets from schools make me want to have a cupcake truck that I can park outside of schools. :)