Menu

Pixie cuts: Update with link to pic in post # 29

freeindeed

I love them. I am so tempted to get one. I've even created a Pixie board on Pinterest and I've been pinning away. I am nervous to actually do it, though, because I have a round face and ears that stick out. Here's a couple of closeups of my face, so give me honest opinions please:
http://freeindeed-redkitchen.blogspot.com/2013/02/weekly-fun-feb-1.html

Also, if you've gotten a pixie cut, did you love it? Hate it? Why?

I've had pixies on and off for yrs and love them. That said, make sure you know it is common to need a cut every 4 to 6 wks depending on your hair. That's a lot of cuts. I have also had to seek out stylists who do pixies well because in my experience they are not easy to find. That may mean a lot of money on cuts. I paid 60 bucks plus tip every5-6 wks. Sometimes they will be afraid to cut because they are afraid you will freak out. I get that it happens sometimes, and a pixie isn't the best for everyone. But I have had to promise I am good with having it short. I think you have a great face for one. There are lots of variations, and a good stylist can guide you there.

I think your face is a perfect pixie face. It will probably go well with a pixie cut.

(People with less rounded features in a pixie sometimes look a little like they chose a 'short and practical' cut, just for the sake of no-nonsense. You will look cute!)

I think you could also ease into it with a cut that's got longer bangs and front and a shorter back.  Not a reverse mullet ;) but something with longer, choppier, piecier bangs in the front and maybe kinda over the ears to start.  You could cut more off later, but having that bit in the front to play around with might ease the transition. 

Is your hair straight?  I got a short, short cut years ago--and discovered that my slightly frizzy waves became old-lady perm look when I got it cut short--so I was SOOOO unhappy!!!  Looking at pictures, it actually looked cute-ish but a little frumpy.  Not terrible, but not what I wanted in a short cut.

You look like you have a great face for a pixie--a little elvish and mischievous and cute.  Hair grows back---  have fun!

Betsy

I love the style you chose! I think it will work really well with your face. My 14 year old daughter asked for a pixie cut for about a year before we gave in and let her do it. Before, she had realllly long hair, but it was so wavy and frizzy and she wasn't doing a good job taking care of it. When we saw Nikky on Blue Bloods, the CBS tv show, we knew a pixie would look good on my daughter because they have similar features, large eyes and very full lips. We love my daughter's pixie on her!!! So, if you are looking for a change, you should go for it. If you don't like it, it will always grow back.

I've had several pixie cuts and short hair cuts as has my dd (her hair is never longer than her shoulders, she can't stand long hair). I think they're great. The only negative is that to keep the style you need to have regular trims which I never do so I end up going through the awkward growing out phase on a regular basis.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my hair cut. It is short, but not quite pixie...yet. ;)  I really love it like this, though, and I want to go shorter. Baby steps to a pixie!

http://freeindeed-redkitchen.blogspot.com/2014/06/new-haircut.html

My 13 yo is doing the same thing. She really wanted a pixie cut and her hair was so long. She ended up donating her hair to locks of love (which I think made it easier to actually have it cut) and went with a shorter style haircut. Now that she has adjusted to that she wants to go back and actually get the pixie cut.

Your hair looks super cute! :001_smile:

I got my hair cut. It is short, but not quite pixie...yet. ;)  I really love it like this, though, and I want to go shorter. Baby steps to a pixie!

http://freeindeed-redkitchen.blogspot.com/2014/06/new-haircut.html

Looks great!   And I think that since you went fairly short in the front, the next step to a pixie wouldn't be that difficult!  (Whenever I had short hair, it was short in the back and longer -- nearly chin-length -- in the front... I was always afraid to take that step and shorten the front.)