Menu

Woo hoo! Grocery delivery

Excelsior! Academy

The grocery delivery here will only give a 4 hour delivery window. I'm sorry, but I need a more specific time frame than "betweeen noon and 4 P.M." because we've got various places to be. Now if they could give me a 1 hour delivery window, I would totally use the service.

They also have the option of picking it up though and they always have had it ready at the time I requested.

Now that would be awesome. I've seen this at a few Whole Foods stores but none of the ones in my area and I don't get very much from WF because of the high prices.

But I LIKE going to the grocery store! You get to see the weekly deals, what produce looks good (are the strawberries really ripe yet), throw in a treat or two. It's a once-a-week opportunity to get out and see the world. It helps that I like our grocery store and can shop when it's not crowded.

But I LIKE going to the grocery store! You get to see the weekly deals, what produce looks good (are the strawberries really ripe yet), throw in a treat or two. It's a once-a-week opportunity to get out and see the world. It helps that I like our grocery store and can shop when it's not crowded.

Yuck!  Grocery shopping is the bane of my existence.  I abhor it.  I am so bitter that I live in the 15th largest metropolitan area in the country and have no place that delivers groceries or even offers the option of ordering online and picking it up myself.   :crying:

Now that would be awesome. I've seen this at a few Whole Foods stores but none of the ones in my area and I don't get very much from WF because of the high prices.

Check Raley's/Nob Hill Foods/Bel Air in the Bay area. Ours has the pickup.

I like delivery for things other than meat and produce, because I like to pick that stuff out myself. :)

For what it's worth, all of the meats and produce I get are just what I would choose, and you can specify "green bananas" if you like.  No problems at all!

I don't mind food shopping.

I wish there was a service who would bring it in from car and put it away!

It's called Kids--why do you think I keep them around?

you have to be not too picky about how everything gets put away though. :d

I sometimes use the pick up option. My supermarket is 20 minutes away, and there are times when I just can't bear to dedicate 40 minutes plus shopping time to groceries.  Or some of the kids are sick. Or they're driving me nuts and the thought of dragging them up and down aisles makes me want to cry. Or I really don't want to be around people, lol.
I would use delivery nearly every week if it were available.  Once in a while, I would still want to browse the shelves for ideas.

A big plus (for pick up or delivery) is the ability to get a pretty accurate price total.  I have a decent idea of what I usually spend, but ordering online is helpful when I want to stock up on sale stuff or buy special occasion stuff. 

I'd even be happy with a 4 hour delivery window.  Forcing myself to focus on home stuff on a Tuesday or Thursday could be a good thing.

I guess the logistics aren't so easy when many of your customers live 10+ miles away in any direction!

How much do these services cost?

One of the grocery stores around here will "do" your shopping and bag it all up for you for about $5, I think. But you pick it up at the store yourself. I think you can even use coupons, but they apply the amount you saved to your next order. That is, you drive up, hand them your coupons, and leave with your groceries.

Amazon Fresh will leave it on my door step before 6AM in insulated totes. We don't do it often, but it can be helpful at different times.

Yep. Amazon Fresh is a lifesaver sometimes, like when we've all been sick and don't want to go to the store but need enough stuff that I don't want to just ask a neighbor to grab a few things for us. I also love it when we're coming home from a trip to an empty fridge late at night--it's nice to be able to order before we return and know that when we get up the morning after our trip, there will be groceries on our door step. I know what some of you have said about wanting to choose your own produce, etc., but we've always been happy with the quality of what they've delivered.