Menu

Pi Day!

Pod's mum

We love Pi Day!  We celebrate it every year.  This year I signed up to feed dinner to the missionaries from church and randomly picked today.  It was only a couple weeks later I realized I signed up to feed them on Pi Day!  We're having cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza (with the pepperoni making the Pi symbol), Mediterranean pizza, chocolate cream pie, and fruit pie.  We got really creative with the pepperoni Pi Day 2010. http://thefamilywho.wordpress.com/2010/03/15/pi-day/

DS1 and I made 3 pies last night (okay, I made 2.5 and he cut up the apples) for his Algebra class today. Brownie. Apple. Blueberry cheesecake with a graham cracker crust. 

I wish I had more time last night, but dh was working. Usually I make cookies or pies for all the boys classes. 

It's also Einstein's birthday. That's a good excuse to make an extra pie or cake. 

I love Pi Day!!! 

Think we'll make this Egyptian dish called Gollash…which is basically a phyllo pie with ground meat. :)

For dessert, I'm hoping I can convince the kids to do a chocolate cream pie.  Yum.  Or maybe a mud pie with coffee ice cream.

I made a chocolate cream pie...then, since we dislike meringues, I took some leftover Andes Mints (from those wonderful Christmas cookies) and set them on the hot pie filling...they melted...I carefully spread them....now we have a minty chocolate pie!  :-)

I made a chocolate cream pie...then, since we dislike meringues, I took some leftover Andes Mints (from those wonderful Christmas cookies) and set them on the hot pie filling...they melted...I carefully spread them....now we have a minty chocolate pie!  :-)

I also made a chocolate cream pie, but we just had whipped cream, since I also don't like meringues.  BUT I am definitely making a note of the Andes mint idea for next year, because that sounds AMAZING!  I love chocolate mint!

We did get to celebrate, in an Aussie way, so no pumpkin or pecan pie.

We had mini meat pies with tomato sauce at Friday night's beer o'clock.

We do things in style around here.

One of my sisters added that ALL of March 2014 is Pi month. 3 14

She also provided this link to go with the other fun ones you have supplied.

http://m.wikihow.com/Celebrate-Pi-Day

Thanks for being irrational with us.