Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty in Pink

9th grade was a complete failure here

I just wanted to pop back in and tell you all something my ds said to me yesterday. We were driving in the car together and he said, "I'm kind of getting excited about school this year. Thanks for finding some fun books that we can work on together." That made me smile. :)

Edited because why was the text so tiny??? :p

This is so good on so many levels.  You sound like a great mom!!   :)  I hope you have a fabulous year together!  Even when my kids can work more independently, I have found that they will share their journey with as much detail as time allows.  IOW, they don't want to work independently; they crave collaboration.

Peace,

Janice

Scouts ≠ sports. Community service is done often, and lots of skills are learned in scouts. Taking that away because you think isolating a child is a good punishment for being angry with a lack of attention and help is ridiculous.

I feel the same way about my teens involvement in cadets.  They get much more out of attending even with outstanding school work, than missing it to finish up imo.

Now I do withhold extras like hanging out with friends, parties, etc.  But sports they have a commitment to the team to be there, and cadets and youth group are too character building to miss.