Menu

Does anyone have a favorite condiment

We are a mustard family too. I have all types of mustard from traditional French's Yellow Mustard to a Tarragon Dijon from France that our friend from Germany brought to me. Our favorite is Raye's Mustard which is made in Maine with spring water and freshly ground seeds. Every time we go to Maine to visit dh's family we stock up on Raye's. We found out recently that Christmas Tree Shoppes carries Raye's too, so now we can buy it more locally! Our favorite flavors are: Sweet and Spicy and Winter Garden. Yum!

While I agree with some of the others, I haven't seen horseradish (real, not creamy) listed...

So in addition to salsa and pesto and olive oil and hot sauce, which I think are all good choices... And butter?!? Has anyone listed butter? When is butter *not* a good addition to another food?!?

But anyway, I'll add horseradish. Oh, yum. My mouth is watering. I don't actually put it on much. But I *could*. Hm... Maybe I should...

mmmm... I used to love hot sauce on everything: Tabasco, Sriracha chili sauce, chili paste... But my stomach just can't handle it anymore. I can still eat wasabi, but you certainly can't put that on just anything. :tongue_smilie:

Sriracha or Cholula (both hot). I also love horseradish, either creamy or in horseradish mustard. And I grind black pepper onto most things, too.

Oh, Cholula is in a class all it's own, far above all the other "hot sauces" out there... Man... I think I need some right now. (Swoons)

Thou shalt not kill.

Ok, ok... I'm not really that dumb. But when I first read the title that's what I thought it said!

We go through ranch dressing around here like water. Does that count?

I think "Thou shalt not covet" would be more appropriate on this thread, Phred. Once we all get talking about food I start raiding the cupboards around here! ;)

I had the most fantastic zucchini chutney condimenty thingo at a guide camp about 5 years ago. I would nearly die of happiness if I could find the recipe. I've seen plenty of recipes, but they just weren't it.

Other than that, I'm not really a condiment person. I didn't grow up in a condiment family, so I'm not really in the habit of using them. I do like a bit of wholegrain mustard on occasion though.

:)

Rosie

This Most Excellent Pepper Jelly, sent to me by Robin in TX!! It is extremely good and I have to ration it because I will cry when the jar is empty. It is really good on pork, beef, chicken...it's just good!

I am thinking of making Christmas gift baskets for some people on my list and they will have a jar of that (and maybe something else from the same place), plus some of the great rubs from this place.

Oh, and in addition to many other things that people already mentioned, I will add something called Tajin: salsa en polvo. When my friend goes home to Mexico for a visit, she brings it back by the case. It is soooo good on fresh fruit! It's also really good on popcorn. You pop it, sprinkle on some fresh lime juice, and then sprinkle it with Tajin. Yummmm!!!

Thai peanut sauce. If a food can't take this, then it needs chocolate syrup! :D

Oh yeah!!!

Trader Joe's used to sell a fabulous one. I totally loved that stuff. But they stopped carrying it a couple of years ago. I wish I'd had some warning because I would've bought a bunch. :confused: