Menu

Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans

Desert Rat

So, my 12yo and I are sitting here testing our luck with Bertie Bott's. We take one without looking and pop it in our mouths. Soap doesn't taste good. He almost threw up with the sausage flavored one! He decided he'd had enough for one day after that one. LOL

Anyone else have experience with Bertie's terrible Beans?

We had those years ago when I worked in a bookstore. Someone accidentally opened a package and it ended up behind the counter. Unlabeled. So we all thought, hey, free jellybeans! :w00t: Then we tried to eat some and were like :scared: :willy_nilly: :blink: :ack2: :wacko: . Never had the desire to try them since.

Well, after BEGGING for the Beanboozled ones...my boys ended up smelling most and throwing them away. They did trick dad into eating a "skunk spray" one...he spewed it across the yard. And they got their uncle to try a "moldy cheese" one. But nobody tried the vomit one (it smelled like the real thing) and after smelling that one we were kind of done. SO GROSS. Although the Bert's Every Flavor Bean ones don't sound quite so bad.

Well, there is a candy store about 40 minutes from here that makes jelly beans that look like Bertie Botts. So, one year we bought a box of Bertie's and some jellies from the candy store. We mixed the Berties in with the jellies and left them in the candy store's container. This was "gift" from the children to Dh who loves jelly beans.

It was, without a doubt, the most fun we've ever hand...dh munchin' away, waxing rhapsodic about his gourmet jelly beans, and then bam. It was the vomit one. The look on his face was priceless!!!!!

Yah, dangerous household here...weird sense of humor, a man and his sons fascinated with all things that go "Boom", a rabbit that thinks she's a dog, ...."normal" is a term that is lost on us!

Faith

We did a "math project" with these jelly beans. The kids tasted each one, and charted how many of each flavor they ended up with. We made a bar graph and then a pie chart. It was a lot of fun, although they got really sick of the "dog food" flavor by the end!

Now that is a great idea. You can get them on Amazon.

My dd11 (huge HP fan) received these in her stocking last year. I am SO glad I videoed the kids trying them. We recently watched the videos and cracked up! They didn't try all of them (vomit just got thrown in the trash), but sausage almost made dd throw up. She quickly popped a reece's mini into her mouth. And yes, she had it unwrapped and ready to toss in just in case the taste was awful.

My dd11 (huge HP fan) received these in her stocking last year. I am SO glad I videoed the kids trying them. We recently watched the videos and cracked up! They didn't try all of them (vomit just got thrown in the trash), but sausage almost made dd throw up. She quickly popped a reece's mini into her mouth. And yes, she had it unwrapped and ready to toss in just in case the taste was awful.

Love it! A Reeces chaser!! Now that is a good sport!

I saw some sort of program about flavors or something (what on earth was I watching??) and there were guys from Jelly Belly on it talking about Betrie Botts. They said they had already accidentally made the vomit years earlier, before they were allowed to make Bertie Botts, so when they found out they were to make Bertie Botts they just pulled out that recipe. :lol:

Mike Rowe went to Jelly Belly for Dirty Jobs and they made a flavor for his boots. :lol: Not eating that.

I saw some sort of program about flavors or something (what on earth was I watching??) and there were guys from Jelly Belly on it talking about Betrie Botts.

I don't know if this was the same show I saw but I remember the president of the company talking about how they made the earwax flavor using *his* earwax. He didn't clean out his ears for awhile so he could get a good flavor sample. :ack2: