Menu

Is anyone watching Revolution?

Guest inoubliable

LOST annoyed me so much with the last episode that it took me a while to be open to Revolution.

I watched the first two episodes and was way less than impressed with the acting of pretty much everyone on there. I just couldn't watch it. I really like post-apocalyptic stuff, too, so that was disappointing.

I loved Lost all but the last episode, I have yet to recover from that.

:iagree: Didn't that just make you want to run someone over with a car?

I like the story line about the electric, but I'm finding the rest of the show hard to take. The girls is SUCH a drip. And they keep doing stupid things.

AND HOW ARE THEY ALL SO CLEAN?!:confused:

Ds and I are watching this... we kind of enjoy mocking the plot holes. ;)

-15 years later and the main character's makeup, hair and clothing look clean & newly bought.

- No electricity. But surely others by now have figured out other methods of power like steam and gas. Oh wait... finally someone figured out a railroad steam engine can work 15 years later. DUH.

- Those who hide guns can make their own bullets via a mold and heat. The idea that they ran out of bullets is a bit ridiculous.

- And the mother was imprisoned for like what 8 years? 5 years? Don't you think by now she would be in a cell (instead of a hotel room suite) or the info would have been tortured out of her by now?? Silly.

:iagree: Didn't that just make you want to run someone over with a car?

I like the story line about the electric, but I'm finding the rest of the show hard to take. The girls is SUCH a drip. And they keep doing stupid things.

Yes I was angry very much. I sat there for a while at the end saying over and over wtf wtf wtf just happened????

-15 years later and the main character's makeup, hair and clothing look clean & newly bought.

- No electricity. But surely others by now have figured out other methods of power like steam and gas. Oh wait... finally someone figured out a railroad steam engine can work 15 years later. DUH.

- Those who hide guns can make their own bullets via a mold and heat. The idea that they ran out of bullets is a bit ridiculous.

- And the mother was imprisoned for like what 8 years? 5 years? Don't you think by now she would be in a cell (instead of a hotel room suite) or the info would have been tortured out of her by now?? Silly.

SPOILER if you have not been watching.

Yeah. We have thought about all of that. There is a huge issue with suspension of reality.

And I wonder what is going to happen when Charlie figures out that her uncle knew all about her supposedly dead mother's imprisonment. And why is she still there? Why did she go willingly? Why her? Why not take the dad instead, who obviously knew something.

And I got distracted. But did the weird neighbor give the amulet to Neville's son?

This is what I am all what about? This part makes no sense but hopefully it will soon

We've seen all the episodes of Revolution so far. I really wanted to like it, but it seems very Hunger Games/ Lost with a cast pulled straight out of "How To Populate Your Independent, Low Budget, Textbook Post-Apocalyptic, Horror Movie." I just can't watch it any more.

I'm disappointed because I really, really wanted to like it. I love horror and post-apocalyptic films, books, etc. I just... can't.

(ETA: full disclosure - I didn't watch past the first half-season of "Lost," either. I just couldn't get into it.)

Edited by Tutor

Guest inoubliable
Me, too!! I wonder what that says about me?

I really like reading novels about that sort of world reality. Shows, movies, books. Yep. Not sure why, but I'd like to think it means we'd be the types who make it if the sh*t hits the fan. :lol:

Me, too!! I wonder what that says about me?

I also tend to watch this type of stuff when I do watch tv. The acting is :tongue_smilie: but I'll stick it out till I can't any longer.

But I mostly blame this on my dad:D . He frequently talked about "survival" stuff. Wasn't extreme like some of those shows, but talked about heading for the hills if things happened. He was in the AF in the 50s (Korea). I think that says it all.

(And I was a late in life child ;))

We've seen all the episodes of Revolution so far. I really wanted to like it, but it seems very Hunger Games/ Lost with a cast pulled straight out of "How To Populate Your Independent, Low Budget, Textbook Post-Apocalyptic, Horror Movie." I just can't watch it any more.

I'm disappointed because I really, really wanted to like it. I love horror and post-apocalyptic films, books, etc. I just... can't.

Because I am so bad at names lol! The actor that plays Belles father on Twilight is pretty big isn't he?

Glad you started this post. We are watching because there is something appealing about it. But I don't really like all the story lines either. I liked the show last year that had a post-apocalyptic vibe with the family in the jungle and the renegades outside, sort of like Jurassic Park or Avatar. That story line seemed far more plausible.

Revolution has too much confusion. Maybe it will be better as a Netflix intensive watching years later.

Guest inoubliable
I liked the show last year that had a post-apocalyptic vibe with the family in the jungle and the renegades outside, sort of like Jurassic Park or Avatar. That story line seemed far more plausible.

Terra Nova? We watched a few episodes of that. We're total dino-nerds in this house. It wasn't bad. We were a little bummed when they canceled it.

I've been watching b/c I love post-apocalyptic stuff, but it is kind of meh.

A friend recommended Survivors (BBC) on Netflix, and I sped through 2 seasons (6 episodes each) only to discover it was cancelled after the second season. :001_huh::glare: FABULOUS show if you don't mind a cliff hanger that will never be resolved :svengo:

Terra Nova? We watched a few episodes of that. We're total dino-nerds in this house. It wasn't bad. We were a little bummed when they canceled it.

I really liked Terra Nova. I was very bummed when they cancelled it and I'm hoping one of the cable channels picks it up.

We watch Revolution but I'm not hooked on it. Definitely a lot of suspension of plausibility. I said something about it this week with the train - the guy getting the train ready insists it can't be ready before the next morning and even that is pushing it but they leave early and it doesn't break down along the way. And how come they didn't just un-couple the cars? Then the engine would blow up but not the people.

Dh and I just laugh that the "fat" Google guy is still fat 15 years later. Um, yeah. Believable, real believable. :tongue_smilie:

I'll admit that I still like watching it though. Dh and I have been watching it together every Monday night for the past month.

:lol::lol::lol:

My ds said the same thing about the fat Google dude. "Um. Don't you think 15 years later, obesity would not be an issue with lack of food?" (Like Hugo on LOST) LOL Ds and I watch together as a bonding mom-teen moment with lots of snarky commentary.

Guest inoubliable

A friend recommended Survivors (BBC) on Netflix, and I sped through 2 seasons (6 episodes each) only to discover it was cancelled after the second season. :001_huh::glare: FABULOUS show if you don't mind a cliff hanger that will never be resolved :svengo:

We just found a series called The Killing last week. Same thing. Cancelled after the second season. :glare: We're hoping that reports of Netflix picking it up and running with it to produce a third season are going to pan out.

Guest inoubliable
I tried watching it but couldn't make it through the 3rd episode. It's no longer on my radar.

Now I need to find something to watch while I grade papers.

Yep. Same here. I thought I'd found something with The Killing. :glare: Now I'm trying to find something else. We do watch Once Upon a Time. And we've been watching Law&Order (and all of the spin-offs) since it debuted. I really need to find something else, though. Even if it's something that's on its 7th season - just so I have six seasons of stuff to catch up on. Two or three episodes a week just aren't enough to entertain me when I'm grading papers and lesson planning most nights. LOL.

Guest inoubliable
And other ridiculous things. Oyy.

I liked Terra Nova better. At least there were dinosaurs.

Two words: clean. hair.

I'd sorta like to see a dinosaur in this show. One that eats people. With fresh, clean hair.

Not unlike Mystery Science Theater, eh? :D

:lol::lol::lol:

I have to confess I got ds hooked on the old MST3000 episodes.

A few weeks ago, as a family, we watched the 1980 Flash Gordon movie. I remembered it as bad back then... but now in 2012, it was a stinker!

Flash_gordon_movie_poster.jpg

Ds, Dh and I had a blast mocking the movie and it was a snark fest. LOL

Guest inoubliable
I keep saying it needs ZOMBIES like the Walking Dead.

I'm down with both. Zombies. Dinosaurs. It's not like the rest of the show is plausible anyway... ;)

I've been watching b/c I love post-apocalyptic stuff, but it is kind of meh.

:iagree: Great show. I was so disappointed when it was cancelled. I miss Terra Nova too. :glare:

I totally agree about Lost. Loved it up until the very last episode. Major disappointment.

That said, I am also loving Revolution. We make all the same comments that many of you are saying (just uncouple the stupid train and Miles, just kill the guy and get it over with), but we still really enjoy it.

I'm another who was sad to see Terra Nova go. It also had some silly plot holes, but it was mostly just fun. Stupid NBC.

The plot holes and the flat characters are driving me nuts on Revolution. Yet I can't stop watching. Presumably NBC will help me stop when they cancel it. Surely it'll be dead any day now?

And, by the way, 16 amulets? :lol::lol::lol: What an idiotic plotline. Magic amulets with flash drives will bring the power back on.:lol:

Out of sheer boredom lastnight I watched episodes 1-5 again. As far as cleanliness goes I would want to stay as clean as possible in that situation due to the medical issues. There is no meds and we all know that the quickest way to catch something is dirty hands.

I think their hair all looks pretty messy to me. I don't know about the clothes. It seems some actors look the part but the main ones look more fashionable I guess. I think there is way more to the mother than meets the eye. I am really wondering why older cars won't work though? I mean in Falling Skies they have no electricity but they can get other things to work in other ways.

When the Neville guy didn't kill the other one for not following orders I knew then that it was his son. I am still angry at Terra Nova being called off as well. I think that when Monroe was talking to her and he touched her hand and said about their friendship I think there is something to that.

My family is watching the series and here are my problems:

1) Without industry, there would only be "natural" birth control which means there would be a population explosion with tons of children.

2) Why would the lack of electricity keep people from riding bicycles? We finally saw a bike in this week's show, but that is a huge mistake to not have them riding mountain bikes from city to city. I keep mocking the show by saying, "TWO dollars!" (name that movie - LOL)

3) The nuclear reactors we have around the country would have melted down from the lack of electricity to cool the systems.

4) I'm struggling with the wimpy google dude too.

Lost was the best ever TV show, until the last episode of course.

Revolution has bad writing and very cliche characters. I can't take any more forest hopping with bows and teenage infatuation plot lines. I think three episodes was enough for me. I had high hopes though. On the other hand, LOVING THE LAST RESORT!

3) The nuclear reactors we have around the country would have melted down from the lack of electricity to cool the systems.

Wellllll, as a former nuke and wife to a nuke worker, you could technically avoid a meltdown. If the power goes out, the rods scram and shut/slow down the reactor. Then, if you just flood the reactor, you can avoid a release of fissile material. But I'm just being dorky there:lol:.

I want to love this show. I will chose to ignore the unlikely scenarios, clean clothing, and bad acting and try to focus on figuring out a) how the power went out and b) how to turn it back on. More good-looking guys would help. Can Sawyer find a place in this show. Because if I am honest with myself, he was the main reason I kept on watching Lost.

1) Without industry, there would only be "natural" birth control which means there would be a population explosion with tons of children.

2) Why would the lack of electricity keep people from riding bicycles? We finally saw a bike in this week's show, but that is a huge mistake to not have them riding mountain bikes from city to city. I keep mocking the show by saying, "TWO dollars!" (name that movie - LOL)

I am kinda wishy washy about this because I think some people would not get pregnant. I wouldn't. I would go with whatever to not get pregnant and that includes not engaging in acts that will lead to that. :D

Yes I know homebirth can be amazing! I am jealous of those that have or will do it but I know that I would never be able too. I am positive I cannot be the only one who feels this way lol!

Wellllll, as a former nuke and wife to a nuke worker, you could technically avoid a meltdown. If the power goes out, the rods scram and shut/slow down the reactor. Then, if you just flood the reactor, you can avoid a release of fissile material. But I'm just being dorky there:lol:.

I want to love this show. I will chose to ignore the unlikely scenarios, clean clothing, and bad acting and try to focus on figuring out a) how the power went out and b) how to turn it back on. More good-looking guys would help. Can Sawyer find a place in this show. Because if I am honest with myself, he was the main reason I kept on watching Lost.

RIGHT! I mean what is that guy doing? I haven't seen him in anything and I would be scared they would turn him into some blundering idiot in this show! I think the issue remains that people are looking for another Lost and they are just not going to find it. There was so many different things in Lost. I think though that was part of the problem. The writers had taken that show in so many directions they had no idea how to wrap it up to make sense.

[quote name=Swimtaxi234;4410889

2) Why would the lack of electricity keep people from riding bicycles? We finally saw a bike in this week's show' date=' but that is a huge mistake to not have them riding mountain bikes from city to city. I keep mocking the show by saying, "TWO dollars!" (name that movie - LOL)

I want my two dollars- better off dead?

I haven't watched the show, but I'm a huge post-apocalyptic fan. I read a book once where, quite unbelievably, a survivor got a bike, took it apart and used the wheels to make a cart so he could pull his stash of food and other necessities. And then he proceeded to walk all the way from Texas to Montana. Which begged the extremely obvious question of why didn't he find another bike for riding? It's not like they'd be all that hard to find. Duh.

I think in that situation I too would do anything necessary to avoid pregnancy. Given what we know about the risks of childbirth before modern medicine, and the high infant mortality rate . . . . no. Just no.

:iagree: This! The lack of authenticity makes me crazy. I mean Falling Skies was more plausible to watch, and they have aliens.

I really like reading novels about that sort of world reality. Shows, movies, books. Yep. Not sure why, but I'd like to think it means we'd be the types who make it if the sh*t hits the fan. :lol:

:D yep

I keep saying it needs ZOMBIES like the Walking Dead.

:lol::lol:Definitely!! LOVE The Walking Dead!!

More good-looking guys would help. Can Sawyer find a place in this show. Because if I am honest with myself, he was the main reason I kept on watching Lost.

True

I would go with whatever to not get pregnant and that includes not engaging in acts that will lead to that. :D

I think it is easy for women to think like that :D:D, but the reality is that men always think about "engaging in acts" and a little lack of electricity for 15 years wouldn't be enough to deter that. ;)

Originally Posted by wendilouwho viewpost.gif

Thanks! I forgot about that option. I think they did that in Japan a few years ago.

I want my two dollars- better off dead?

DING DING DING ... rivendellmom was the winner on that trivia.:D