Menu

When do you do the bulk of your hs buying?

When do you do the bulk of your hs buying?  

1. 1. When do you do the bulk of your hs buying?

• Jan-Feb
    • March-April
    • May-June
    • July-August
    • Sept - Oct
    • Nov - Dec
    • Whenever I find a great buy
    • Any time is a good time for shopping ;)

For curriculum, I start researching around Jan-Feb then purchase in March or April. Then I take a few months to map out the school year. During our three week break in July, I print and file papers and purchase supplemental books. That way, by August I'm ready to start up again.

Well, I start looking/buying in February, but the majority is in March. :D

This is close to how I do it. I already have some things for next year as I've bought at thrift stores for years and done a lot of self-education, so I know where we are going. Some I won't buy until I get a good feel of how he responds to what we're doing this year.

Books I know I will use, like novels and such, I will start buying before Christmas. It's easier to spread out my spending, but the bulk is done in March.

This year I had to wait longer than normal and just finished buying some things, it's been nerve wracking.

This is close to how I do it. I already have some things for next year as I've bought at thrift stores for years and done a lot of self-education, so I know where we are going. Some I won't buy until I get a good feel of how he responds to what we're doing this year.

Books I know I will use, like novels and such, I will start buying before Christmas. It's easier to spread out my spending, but the bulk is done in March.

This year I had to wait longer than normal and just finished buying some things, it's been nerve wracking.

Pretty much this. If I find good prices on used that I know we'll use, I get it whenever. I make my final list in Jan/Feb and purchase at the end of Feb/Mar. then plan for the next year in April.

I voted May-June, but most of my buying is usually June-July. I start researching and making lists in January-February and might buy something that I find a really good deal on (HSBC or sale boards) earlier, but I don't receive any of our materials until they're brought by friends at the end of July, so most of the purchases happen in late June and early July.

This has changed a bit in recent years as e-books have become more available. Now I can actually switch curriculum mid-year if it isn't working for us! The wonders of modern technology. :D

I buy year round. Mostly because we school year round and move up in different subjects at different times. I will buy a new level when it's clear we are going to need it soon. I will buy a new product if I think we need something different. I will buy things I see recommended if I think it will work and it's not too expensive.

I buy year round. Mostly because we school year round and move up in different subjects at different times. I will buy a new level when it's clear we are going to need it soon. I will buy a new product if I think we need something different. I will buy things I see recommended if I think it will work and it's not too expensive.

:iagree: We are all over the place in different subjects and I buy throughout the year.

I used to buy from Feb-April, but as the kids are older and activities and school work take so much of my time, it's now more like May-June after our school year has ended and I have a little time. But I'll buy some things through the year as sales or special offers come up. About the only time I don't buy is fall as we have everything by then and I'm not looking for the next year yet.

The bulk of everything is purchased just before we start in August. I like things to be new and fresh when we start. I would be too unmotivated when faced with a stack of books I bought six months before.

I also get somethings at conventions but never big purchases unless I'm sure that's what I want. Too much can change between the spring and when we start, what if what I buy isn't what we end up needing?

We're always picking up new things here and there just to keep things fresh. Craft kits and art supplies are fun semi educational treats and is there ever a wrong time for more books to read?