Menu

I got my wall-to-wall bookcases!!!

First: They are BEAUTIFUL! But so is the furniture and the crazy light fixture!

2nd: I'm sooooo jealous!

3rd: Forget the basement, I want for my whole house too!

4th: I too was checking out the titles and found *several* in common.

5th: Anybody trying to look out the window too??? Do you live in Switzerland? I've been - I MISS it.

:D Congrats! It looks great!

Thank you everybody!

Yes, I do live in Switzerland. That particular window has a pretty boring view of the apartment building next to us, but the other wall (behind photographer's back) is actually wall to wall windows/sliding door to balcony with a view of a bunch of soccer fields and Mont Blanc in France. :tongue_smilie:

Nice! Our library has bookshelves built into the wall which are basically wall to wall (there is also a fireplace in this room so we adapted around it because I love it). We had them built to match the woodwork in the room and I love them. We don't truly have a home school room but our kids do most of their work in the library because it is so cozy.

And there's plenty of room to fill it up with... more books!

Ha! This was my first thought too- I no longer have to send a book to the basement just to put a new one on the shelf! Woohoo!

So where the shelves meet in the corner is a little awkward- It blocks half a shelf each on the lower half of the bookcases, but I just shoved some stuff we don't use back there for the time being. :001_smile:

Spider light and chair are also Ikea. Our entire apartment is basically an ad for Ikea...

I just woke up and went to stare at them some more... My kids finally insisted I serve breakfast. LOL.

Thank you everybody!

Yes, I do live in Switzerland. That particular window has a pretty boring view of the apartment building next to us, but the other wall (behind photographer's back) is actually wall to wall windows/sliding door to balcony with a view of a bunch of soccer fields and Mont Blanc in France. :tongue_smilie:

Need pictures!