1 member has voted

1. 1. What is your underpants style?

• bikini
    • thong
    • granny
    • boy-shorts
    • nothing
    • other-explain

I have just about every style imaginable. What I wear depends on the type of day it is. My grandma told me that if I'm going to be doing something that intimidated me, that I should wear some fancy (her word) type of underwear, because it would give me more confidence and no one would know

Varies. Mostly hipsters or boyshorts. Pretty much everything on your list but thongs and briefs. Thongs and me do just not get along. I tossed all my unflattering briefs awhile ago because I decided I didn't like the waist bands and seams. And l feel cuter in cuter underpants even though obviously no one but my husband and I know what they look like.

I have just about every style imaginable. What I wear depends on the type of day it is. My grandma told me that if I'm going to be doing something that intimidated me, that I should wear some fancy (her word) type of underwear, because it would give me more confidence and no one would know

I like your grandma!

I have a variety of styles and choices as well. Most days, whatever is clean and at the top of the drawer!

Okay, I thought ya'll wore undies UNDER those. Don't ask me why I thought that, I have no idea. Monthly logistics, I guess? :001_huh: Forgive me, I'm only related to Mormons and never thought to ask them...

Nope. They're double-duty. They have different cuts and fabrics depending on what type of clothing you're wearing over top (and they come in green for the military). They fit pretty snug, like regular underwear, but cover more, and serve a religious, as well as practical purpose.

(And one "wordly" perk to wearing Garments is I don't ever have to worry about panty-lines. :D )

ETA: I obviously voted "other". :p

Okay, I thought ya'll wore undies UNDER those. Don't ask me why I thought that, I have no idea. Monthly logistics, I guess? :001_huh: Forgive me, I'm only related to Mormons and never thought to ask them...

I think most do during "monthly logistics" :lol:

During that time of the month and sometimes for fun, yes, I do. ;) Some don't. Boy cut or bikini for those times, preferably, FYI. :lol:

Nope. They're double-duty. They have different cuts and fabrics depending on what type of clothing you're wearing over top (and they come in green for the military). They fit pretty snug, like regular underwear, but cover more, and serve a religious, as well as practical purpose.

(And one "wordly" perk to wearing Garments is I don't ever have to worry about panty-lines. :D )

ETA: I obviously voted "other". :p

I'm confused. Do Mormons wear special underwear? What makes them special? What religious serve do they preform? Now I'm really curious. Can someone please answer quickly or I'll just get off the hide mind and go googling.

ETA. Temple garments. I learn something new everyday. :)

Edited by Julie Smith

I'm confused. Do Mormons wear special underwear? What makes them special? What religious serve do they preform? Now I'm really curious. Can someone please answer quickly or I'll just get off the hide mind and go googling.

Ack! Don't Google! You'll get all sorts of crazy stuff, and none of it completely acurate.

When an LDS person begins attending the Temple (sometime during or after their late-teens), part of the Covenant they make there is to wear what is called "The Garment of the Holy Priesthood". It's a white garment, can be in 1 piece or 2, that covers the parts of your body that would be covered by a t-shirt and bermuda shorts. They have markings stitched into them that remind us of the other Covenants we make in the Temple, and are considered "a protection and a shield" from the world. (which is why some people mockingly call them "Magic Mormon Underwear".) A little quip you'll hear many LDS say in reference to them is that they are an "outward expression of an inward commitment", as they serve as a constant reminder of our Covenants with God. We wear them as regular underwear, closest to our body, if possible (some women already mentioned wear regular underwear underneath during certain times of the month, and others have other legitimate reasons for having something between them and the garment) and only remove them during times when you would normally remove your underwear.

I consider it an honor and a blessing to wear them. :)

You learn new things all the time (green?! Had no idea. I thought they were always white due to religious significance).

Well, more of an olive-brown color, according to DH. It has to do with the uniform regulations. It was either wear them in that drab color, or not be allowed to wear them at all. (wouldn't want to be wearing glaring white clothes if you're having to leave your tent during a night raid, for example). The white DOES have a significance, but in order to allow LDS servicemen and women to be able to wear them to the battlefield, they had to change the color. (you have to special order them and prove you *are* military to get them though)

Not sure of the definitions, I think I probably have bikinis.

Btw, Down Under, thongs are something we wear on our feet, and that kind of undergarment is traditionally called a G-string.

O/T Funny - My dad (a preacher from Indiana) was doing a Bible study at a new church in Georgia. He was talking about how he considered thongs to be inappropriate, but not a sin. The room immediately divided into two camps.

The first group quickly agreed with him, stating that:

"Thongs are especially lewd at the beach."

"What kind of parent lets their teenage daughter wear thongs?"

The second group was angry, making comments such as:

"My wife and I have matching thongs!"

"I bet Jesus wore thongs."

"Why don't you like them? Is it because you can't back up in them?"

Only a few in the group understood that the confusion was based on the two meanings of "thongs", and they were laughing so hard at each new comment, they couldn't explain the problem. Yes, a memorable Bible Study. :lol:

Me, too. :D I love them. In addition to reminding me of my faith, they are sooooo comfy. And, as Xuzi said, no panty lines. :lol:

ACCCKK!!! Twitchy, twitchy, twitch. I may go to hell for saying this, but I absolutely *hate* them. So uncomfortable. I know I'm really fat now, but even when I was skinny it was near impossible to find ones that fit well. They all went up super high (like past my belly button), but the ones that were fine on the waist were too.....loosey goosey in other areas. And let's not forget the twisting around when you roll over in bed. I can *NOT* stand being crooked and they are always twisting around. And the monthly logistics (for those who choose to not wear anything underneath) makes me want to poke an eye out. ACK! Getting more twitchy just thinking about it!

ACCCKK!!! Twitchy, twitchy, twitch. I may go to hell for saying this, but I absolutely *hate* them. So uncomfortable. I know I'm really fat now, but even when I was skinny it was near impossible to find ones that fit well. They all went up super high (like past my belly button), but the ones that were fine on the waist were too.....loosey goosey in other areas. And let's not forget the twisting around when you roll over in bed. I can *NOT* stand being crooked and they are always twisting around. And the monthly logistics (for those who choose to not wear anything underneath) makes me want to poke an eye out. ACK! Getting more twitchy just thinking about it!

You need to get the caranessa ones...or whatever they call them. They're cut like bike shorts and they only reach to your belly button. They're the only style I'll wear.

My MIL likes the kind of bottoms that you can pull clear up to your armpits. :D

You need to get the caranessa ones...or whatever they call them. They're cut like bike shorts and they only reach to your belly button. They're the only style I'll wear.

My MIL likes the kind of bottoms that you can pull clear up to your armpits. :D

*snort*

Thanks for the tip.

Another other from the Mormon camp.

:iagree: Definitely more comfy. But did you know that there are no tops that are made for larger than a D cup? And regular tops are made for a B. It's no wonder that they've never fit me right. (right now I am an H)

Are bras built into temple garments? I am wondering how Mormon women handle the need for things like sports bras. I know that I would be lost without a supportive bra for any level of activity beyond walking.

No they are not. Bras are usually worn over the garments. For a sports bra you can wear one over the garments or if you're wearing exercise clothes that would expose the garments, you would just not wear them.

I don't remember the exact rule on this, so maybe someone else can answer better than me.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people choose not to wear them when they are doing vigorous exercise. It's been *ahem*awhile since I've done any vigorous exercise but it was in the early morning before dawn, so I never got overheated. Some of them are made of very light material with little holes in them, so I guess one could wear those and not worry much about being overheated.

So don't you get overheated doing vigorous exercise with the Garment and then other things over the top? (Or is that a stupid assumption/question, like asking whether Muslim women get hot heads?)

I usually wear them to the gym. Vigorous for me is an hour of step aerobics. I don't feel much more hot and sweaty than I would without that extra layer. They're really pretty lightweight. Once in a while I'll exercise with regular undergarments if I'm wearing shorts or something. That always feels kind of weird, though.

Bikini unless I'm wearing something that even those seamless ones show VPL, in which case I put on a much-hated thong. I've tried a number of different brands that I've had girlfriends swear aren't uncomfortable, but they still make me feel like I've got a wedgie :glare: Oh, the things we women put up with in the name of vanity! :lol:

No they are not. Bras are usually worn over the garments. For a sports bra you can wear one over the garments or if you're wearing exercise clothes that would expose the garments, you would just not wear them.

Okay, another question pops to mind (I'm curious and I've never really been able to ask before): How do you nurse?