Menu

Shout out to moms of just an AVERAGE amount of kids!

I feel abnormal for only having two and that they are twins to boot. It seems like everyone around here (as in where I live) has 3,4 or 5 kids and no else seems to have twins. Oh well, I have never fit in with the "normal" crowd.

My twins are 10 year old girls, too! Sometimes I feel abnormal but most times I feel lucky. No sibling rivalry, schooling at similar levels, lots of benefits.

But, boy, once an age or stage is over, it's OVER. That makes me want more kids. Sometimes.

I wanna know...average supposed to be 2.3 or 2.5, how do you get the fraction kid? Seems to me you'd be over or under...

:tongue_smilie::lol:

Man, I can't fit in anywhere!

Ok, since my kids are so far apart in age can I be in the "mom of onlies" group, just 3 times over? Please?????

If not, I guess I will have to go for 4 so I can be in the large family group. Or is that 5?

Darn. Ok, maybe I am in the " slightly more than average but not really big" family!!

:lol::lol::lol:

I wanna know...average supposed to be 2.3 or 2.5, how do you get the fraction kid? Seems to me you'd be over or under...

:tongue_smilie::lol:

The ".5" is the family pets. One dog equals the entire .5; with cats, you need 2 of them. You can also use a mix of small pets like hamsters and hermit crabs, but the math gets more complicated.

Personally, I stopped at 2 kids because it makes going to Disney World so much easier! :tongue_smilie:

The ".5" is the family pets. One dog equals the entire .5; with cats, you need 2 of them. You can also use a mix of small pets like hamsters and hermit crabs, but the math gets more complicated.

Personally, I stopped at 2 kids because it makes going to Disney World so much easier! :tongue_smilie:

In that case I only need to share one kid. By the above math one dog and two cats equal one kid. So that gives me two. I now just need the .3/.5 to be normal/average. :lol::lol:

Man, I can't fit in anywhere!

Ok, since my kids are so far apart in age can I be in the "mom of onlies" group, just 3 times over? Please?????

If not, I guess I will have to go for 4 so I can be in the large family group. Or is that 5?

Darn. Ok, maybe I am in the " slightly more than average but not really big" family!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Apparently I'm there with you. I feel that way sometimes. Moms of onlies or two are shocked at my 3 (especially since mine are so close in age) but I don't really have a "large" family either. I feel weird trolling large family sites and threads, but honestly some of the large family organization tips have been a HUGE help. Folks with two kids 4 years apart just don't get what it's like to manage several littles. Families with 6 kids who aren't done yet don't see what my problem is, etc.

I feel bad for people who have no desire to have kids. They get **** on by everyone.

But they have their dogs. My BIL has a dog who is seriously like a child to him. :lol: But, yes, you are right. People do have sort of a "what's wrong with you" attitude if you don't have kids.

I guess I need to get a kids share....we could start a business. Like farm shares or something. Does your teen babysit? :lol:

She does :D

I feel bad for people who have no desire to have kids. They get **** on by everyone.

Not me. I think ppl who know that parenting isn't for them, and don't allow others to push them into something that they truly don't want (and let's face it, they have a heck of a lot of pressure) should be respected and commended.

Crap. Two kids and a hamster here. What about the bugs?

Oh wow, it's really changed since I was a kid. Here are the 2000 census stats for the US and by state:

http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/hh-fam/tabST-F1-2000.pdf

US average number of children under 18 per family: 0.9

US average number of children under 18 per family with children: 1.86

Oh, wow! Does that mean with one kid, two cats and a dog that I have a large family?

Not me. I think ppl who know that parenting isn't for them, and don't allow others to push them into something that they truly don't want (and let's face it, they have a heck of a lot of pressure) should be respected and commended.

Absolutely. No one should be faulted for either deciding that parenting is not something they want or for children just not being in the cards for them. One of my friends didn't marry till she was 46. She might have liked kids, but she didn't want to go it alone. Another had to have a hysterectomy in her 20s. She is more than a little irked that people always want to know why she doesn't have kids. People can be very intrusive and hurtful.

And several of my friends just are not at all interested in having kids. I think they are vey wise not to bend to pressure. Kids are a life changing commitment. Not one should undertake that on just to fit in.

We have three. We may or may not have one more. Would four push us over to the large family side?

Not on this board! I have 4, had them in 3 1/2 years time, and I get the "oh my..you have your hands full...blah blah...big family now-a-days"...all day long, when we are out. On here, I feel like I have a small family.

Disney consideres us a large family. We have to book in a special room. Most of their rooms are for a family of 5.

Do I need to do a shout out for "Don't know where you fit, families?" :D

I wanted more than two so badly. This past year I have came to the realization that two is the perfect number for me.

:iagree:

I think I have gotten there, too. My goal now is to develop thicker skin. This whole family size argument and being made to feel guilty because I "only" have two, and I can never even think of complaining or offering any advice because, what do I know? I only have two kids! is wearing thin on me. (And I am referring to moms IRL, just as much, if not more, than here.)

Whew.:rant: Way to start off the morning! Coffee? Cupcakes?

I guess I'm a little over for this group as I have 3, but I also have 2 dogs and 1 cat, so does that mean I have 4.25? (3 kids +.5 for dog 1 and .5 for dog 2 and .25 for a cat);)

I'm never sure where I fit in. To most in the civilian world I have a large family because I have 3, but in military circles I have a small family because I have only 3. It's weird how that works. :lol:

LOL! Whether I have a lot of kids or just a few depends on which church we attend. Our first church seemed to think I needed to know "how that happens" :glare: and previous members of our current church expressed sadness that we chose to quit at 4 when we should just trust my health to the Lord and enjoy the blessings (because the OB and other docs said that if I wanted to raise the ones I have I shouldn't have more)

I don't fit anywhere :tongue_smilie:

:D Seems so. At least in one area of my life. Although it is a big convoluted in how I got to be so normal. :lol:

Wait. Does that make me abnormal again?

Um, yeah...that's it...that's what makes you abnormal...

:leaving: