Menu

It is probably a good think you can't give ...

... negative rep points to people anymore. There is one person on here who would be getting the maximum from me. I was just doing a search of a curriculum I was considering doing for self-education and someone on there was completely and totally out of line with their comments. SHEESH! You expect people to be actual adults on here, but clearly that doesn't always happen.

End of rant! :glare:

I'm glad we can't give or receive them. There's too much room for nastiness and people giving negative points to people if they have a personal vendetta against them. It could make things ugly. I think when I joined here they either got rid of them shortly before or shortly after I joined because there was a big thing about it.

I am having a bit of a hard time figuring out what someone could say about a curriculum that would be so controversial?

Lots. There have been lots of curriculum threads turned bad. Math, grammar, science, history, plowing a damp field, people have slugged it out over them all.

I'm glad we can't give or receive them. There's too much room for nastiness and people giving negative points to people if they have a personal vendetta against them. It could make things ugly.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

If anyone has a problem with another member, I think it's best handled privately, and if someone is being severely ridiculed or bullied, I think they should report the offender to the moderators.

I think a point system is nothing more than a popularity contest.

Originally Posted by Mrs Mungo

Lots. There have been lots of curriculum threads turned bad. Math, grammar, science, history, plowing a damp field, people have slugged it out over them all.

:lol: I'd forgotten that one.

Okay, you know that we're going to HAVE to look that up, right?!?!?!?:lol:

I had to look this one up, because I was really confused as to why a thread on what seemed like a farming practice got so heated. :lol:

Of course, now I'm trying to figure out who it is. :tongue_smilie:

I know it's not me (at least not this time,) because I don't think I have ever posted about a curriculum that I wanted to use for myself.

At least I don't think I have... ;)

:lol:

If it was me…I am sorry. I am trying to turn over a new leaf. Find some forgiveness in your heart, will ya? :tongue_smilie:

Edited by lovemykids
lol, lol, lol

I totally remember the plowing a damp field thread. Didn't SWB actually chime in on that one or am I thinking of something else?

Is this negative-point-worthy person just a plebeian among us or are we talking about a curriculum writer? I've seen a couple of those post some questionable stuff in the past year.

FWIW, I'm really thankful we don't have points. I'd never even heard of them before this thread. For the love of all that is good, please don't ever give us grammar/punctuation/excessive commas and semicolons points. I would not fare well.

Triple word score for using Plebeian, I had to look that up::lol:

ple·be·ian   [pli-bee-uhn] Show IPA

adjective

belonging or pertaining to the common people.

of, pertaining to, or belonging to the ancient Roman plebs.

common, commonplace, or vulgar: a plebeian joke.

Triple word score for using Plebeian, I had to look that up::lol:

ple·be·ian   [pli-bee-uhn] Show IPA

adjective

belonging or pertaining to the common people.

of, pertaining to, or belonging to the ancient Roman plebs.

common, commonplace, or vulgar: a plebeian joke.

:lol: Hey, thanks! I use it fairly often in real life and it is usually met with this: :001_huh:

I was just doing a search (considering possibly using a curriculum) and was aggrevated by the way someone was bashing someone connected with said curriculum. I personally was not involved in the conversation (thread). It was from a few months back. I do not know anything about the person who was doing the bashing (other than now I have a certain feeling about this person).