Menu

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm bored stiff. LOL We had high hopes because we love the movies that Danny Boyle has done, but.... :glare:

You're from a differnt era, is my guess. I don't really love the O's, because I wish there was a way for everyone to win. ;) Call me a whiiiiiiiiiiiiimp. However, 3 of my kids are watching. I called down to ask if it was boring, and they all called, "No!!!" and in annoyance.

I don't know what that means for you. lol

Edited by LibraryLover

I'm bored stiff. LOL We had high hopes because we love the movies that Danny Boyle has done, but.... :glare:

We got to see it live on the CBC. I sort of wondered if having a film director do the show wasn't part of the problem. It felt sort of flat and scaled wrong, too focused on the small and on those filmed bits.

Edited by WishboneDawn

So... My husband wasn't lying when he told me that the rumor was that there'd be a 100 foot voldemort being faught off by a bunch of mary poppins.:lol:

LOL, my husband came home telling me the same thing today. Voldemort scared the tar out of my 4yo. He's still on my lap.

My 17 year old is watching and he said that parts of it are "Awesome!". They said at the beginning that the director knew he could never top the scale of Beijing so he decided to just be creative with it.

LOL My kids are loving it.

Each country will do their thing. We need to worry if it ever gets to us in the USA again, and they go with pop? Brittany Spears? lol Oh, god.

Britain has (some of) The Beatles (left). And Elton John. Harry Potter. Mary Poppins etc etc etc. They also have Madonna and her fake English accent.

Elvis is dead.

Edited by LibraryLover

I'm really disgusted! If they'd have held the Olympics in Glasgow or Edinburgh, we'd have had bagpiping, kilt wearing, men with interesting choreography! :D

The least they could have done was a Lord of the Rings themed Olympics and had Viggo Mortensen wearing a kilt battling an orc while elves flitted about the arena and Gandolf lit the fire with his rod...even some Ents walking around would have helped! :001_smile:

Faith

Our luck would be the Jonas Brothers:blink:.

We got Jazz. Wynton Marsalis -- this is our music. (there are so many amazing jazz artists in the US today. It would be an tremendous to get some of these folks together!) I think music from the 1940's -- Swing etc would also be excellent. I do not know why I am not in charge of such things.

Billy Joel.

The Boss.

Edited by LibraryLover

I missed the first hour of it, I want to know 3 things, did they do a reference to The Clash London Calling, did they do a Dr. Who reference with the Tardis and has the Queen spoken yet??

I thought I heard a Tardis noise, but nothing happened, so no doctor who yet. They played a bit of London Calling, and the Queen hasn't spoken yet.

Edited by MeaganS

I missed the first hour of it, I want to know 3 things, did they do a reference to The Clash London Calling, did they do a Dr. Who reference with the Tardis and has the Queen spoken yet??

I *reaaaaalllllly* want the TARDIS to appear and David Tennant to step out and light the cauldron!

I thought I heard a yards noise, but nothing happened, so no doctor who yet. They played a bit of London Calling, and the Queen hasn't spoken yet.

Thanks. :)

I *reaaaaalllllly* want the TARDIS to appear and David Tennant to step out and light the cauldron!

YES!!! That would be AWESOME!!! squealing with delight! :D

@ Cin yes! Some kilts would be great! :)

I'm not getting it at all. I appreciate the 80s music, but I don't find it appropriate for the venue.

Bizarre.

And why in the world is Ryan Seacrest interviewing Michael Phelps? I hardly think of Ryan as a credible news person. (He could be interviewing some of those 80s rockers though.)

You're from a differnt era, is my guess. I don't really love the O's, because I wish there was a way for everyone to win. ;) Call me a whiiiiiiiiiiiiimp. However, 3 of my kids are watching. I called down to ask if it was boring, and they all called, "No!!!" and in annoyance.

I don't know what that means for you. lol

Different era than...what? LOL I don't understand your post, sorry!