Menu

Who is crazy? Me or them?

I think it makes sense to dry yourself off completely before stepping out of the shower. Certain members of my household like to step out and drip on the bath mat, then reach for a towel. They are convinced this is the purpose of the bath mat. I am a very laid back girl who is not known for sweating the small stuff EVER. Still, it seems nuts to move two feet from a drain to drip!

Is this my crazy or theirs?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We always get out of the shower to dry off. why would I want to bring a towel to dry myself off into a wet shower where i'd have to be very careful to not hit the wet walls with my aforementioned dry towel? and I have normal size shower, not the tinny bitty thing my sil had as a second shower in her old house.

I think it makes sense to dry yourself off completely before stepping out of the shower. Certain members of my household like to step out and drip on the bath mat, then reach for a towel. They are convinced this is the purpose of the bath mat. I am a very laid back girl who is not known for sweating the small stuff EVER. Still, it seems nuts to move two feet from a drain to drip!

I agree with you and we even have a tiny, tiny shower.

We always get out of the shower to dry off. why would I want to bring a towel to dry myself off into a wet shower where i'd have to be very careful to not hit the wet walls with my aforementioned dry towel? and I have normal size shower, not the tinny bitty thing my sil had as a second shower in her old house.

So I have ninja drying skills and unrealistic expectations?

Sorry, i agree, they are right, that is what the bathmat is for. I don't want to lean way out of the shower to get a towel and maybe slip, and don't want to stand on the wet tile while drying. I've never dried off in the shower, ever.

In fact, I'd be worried the ends of the towel would get wet as I leaned over to dry my legs and such.

An on-going 'discussion' here too!

I dry off in the shower (as one should do!) :lol:

Dh, steps out and drips on the mat. :001_rolleyes:

Older ds gets out, wraps a towel around his waist and wanders around looking for clothes - drip, drip, drip. :confused: :001_huh:

I'm not sure what dd and younger ds do. :tongue_smilie:

I never dry off in the shower. I put a towel on my head/hair inside the shower, but then I mostly air dry as I do other things (brush teeth, clean ears, comb hair, look for clothes, etc.).

So you're just walking around dripping??? Would having vinyl tile change your routine?

:001_huh: Maybe it IS me.

So you're just walking around dripping??? Would having vinyl tile change your routine?

:001_huh: Maybe it IS me.

I don't feel like I drip an insane amount, but it's just what I do....and our bathrooms are vinyl tile. :D

Sorry, i agree, they are right, that is what the bathmat is for. I don't want to lean way out of the shower to get a towel and maybe slip, and don't want to stand on the wet tile while drying. I've never dried off in the shower, ever.

In fact, I'd be worried the ends of the towel would get wet as I leaned over to dry my legs and such.

:iagree:

I never dry off in the shower. I put a towel on my head/hair inside the shower, but then I mostly air dry as I do other things (brush teeth, clean ears, comb hair, look for clothes, etc.).

That is my older ds (except the towel goes around his waist) and it drives me absolutely nuts!!!! Dripping everywhere and making the floor slippery.

Dh and I had a disagreement about this when we were first married. He felt one should dry off completely while in the shower. I told him I could never apply the towel to the bottom of my feet, which had been on the shower floor, and then to my face- or anywhere else. He agreed that was gross. :tongue_smilie:

That is my older ds (except the towel goes around his waist) and it drives me absolutely nuts!!!! Dripping everywhere and making the floor slippery.

I always clean up the floor with the towel that was on my head. Maybe that's why it doesn't bother anyone here.

You are SOOOOO right!!! Why would anyone get OUT of a nice steamy hot shower to drip dry? Why not take advantage of the nice warm-ness of the shower and dry off there? It makes perfect sense! You step OUT of the shower to dress. Duh. Anything else is just plain nonsense!

ETA: I'm always right. Just ask my kids . . .

Sorry, you're all wrong. ;)

The proper way is to first pat face dry and squeeze hair in towel, then lift one foot, shake it off, wipe with towel up to knee, and place on mat. Repeat with other leg. Now you are out of the shower and can properly dry the rest of yourself before flipping your hair over the tub (so the spray goes there rather than all over the bathroom) and wrapping it in the towel. Sheesh people, it's obviously the only way!:D:lol:

NOPE!!! Because, see, when you stick a WET leg outside of the nice, warm shower, it gets COLD!!!!! No way! The only way to do it is to use two towels. (Yes. Seriously. Hear me out.) You use the first one to put your hair in - wrap it all up. You are already IN the shower. No need to worry about spray. (See my logic? I'm really very smart. Just trust me.)

Next, you use the second one to dry off the body IN the warm shower. INSIDE. See? This way you don't get cold. Duh. Then, you step out, gingerly. 'Cause, it's cold out there!!!!

Get dressed as fast as possible!!!!!

What's a towel :glare:?

Seriously, I'm forever on my boys to DRY WITH A TOWEL! They just put their clothes back on (yes, dirty underwear and all...that's a whole 'nother issue).

Personally, I get out of the shower and then grab a towel to dry off. We have a rug next to the shower though, so I'm not dripping all over the bare floor.

Dh and I had a disagreement about this when we were first married. He felt one should dry off completely while in the shower. I told him I could never apply the towel to the bottom of my feet, which had been on the shower floor, and then to my face- or anywhere else. He agreed that was gross. :tongue_smilie:

I always clean up the floor with the towel that was on my head. Maybe that's why it doesn't bother anyone here.

Those two reasons cancel each other out, so your votes are negated. See Method below.

Sorry, you're all wrong. ;)

The proper way is to first pat face dry and squeeze hair in towel, then lift one foot, shake it off, wipe with towel up to knee, and place on mat. Repeat with other leg. Now you are out of the shower and can properly dry the rest of yourself before flipping your hair over the tub (so the spray goes there rather than all over the bathroom) and wrapping it in the towel. Sheesh people, it's obviously the only way!:D:lol:

My method is similar, but I'm a curly girl and adverse to wrapping a towel on my head. I wring out my hair, then dry off top to bottom. I dry one foot and step onto the mat. I dry the second foot then put it on the mat. It's so simple and sensible.

Panda, can you come clean my bathrooms? Those are so sparkly clean. I couldn't take an internet worthy pic of my dds bathroom right now. Hmmm...maybe mine aren't that sparkly because we drip all over the place. :D

Those pictures were taken after renovations and before we used the showers. I took them for my mother. I could NOT photograph them today.

NOPE!!! Because, see, when you stick a WET leg outside of the nice, warm shower, it gets COLD!!!!! No way! The only way to do it is to use two towels. (Yes. Seriously. Hear me out.) You use the first one to put your hair in - wrap it all up. You are already IN the shower. No need to worry about spray. (See my logic? I'm really very smart. Just trust me.)

Next, you use the second one to dry off the body IN the warm shower. INSIDE. See? This way you don't get cold. Duh. Then, you step out, gingerly. 'Cause, it's cold out there!!!!

Get dressed as fast as possible!!!!!

WHERE do you live that you can even THINK about getting cold? It's been so hot here!

People dry off IN The shower?

I'm with Horton, I wrap my hair up, then get out, dry off and brush teeth and stuff.

I get my kids out of the tub first to dry them off, got them out of the shower to dry them off.

Drying off in the shower never occurred to me.

I've never dried off in the shower, ever.

Me either. I always step out onto the mat and dry. I feel claustrophobic in the shower once the water is off, and paranoid about hitting the wet walls/floor/curtain with the towel.....that might qualify me for crazy :D

It totally depends on the season.

Our house is 132 years old and is COLD in the winter. During cold months (near Wisconsin, that's about 7 months a year), I dry off in the shower even though dh lovingly turns the heat on when he hears the shower turn off. When I do step out of the shower, I dress faster than seems humanly possible because I hate being cold.

During the summer, it's HOT in the house so I'm happy to get out of the shower and drip on the bath mat while I dry off.

LOL How funny. It makes me crazy to watch my dh dry himself off after a shower, and *in* the shower. It's freaking *water*, not toxic waste!

I'm the sort who simply steps out. I stand on the cozy bath mat, under the heat lamp (in winter), lean back and squeeze the excess water from my hair into the tub. Only then do I reach for a towel.

Of course, my dh doesn't care how exit the shower.

I am the nutter, as I think his towel-drying is compulsive. Between your toes? Really? :tongue_smilie:

No towels in the shower here. We step out onto the bath mat or a towel on the floor and dry off somewhere that is dry lol. There is no dripping on the floor. Just out of curiosity...what do the people drying off in the shower think the bath mat is for then?

ROFL - this caused a little quarrel with a college room mate. She insisted everyone should get dry IN the shower. I always dried myself outside the shower. She did convert me though - I switched to make her happy. To this day, I mostly get dry in the shower. I can see both sides though, and don't really think it's a big deal.

I'm with Horton, I wrap my hair up, then get out, dry off and brush teeth and stuff.

I get my kids out of the tub first to dry them off, got them out of the shower to dry them off.

:iagree:

I have never heard of drying off in the shower.

LOL How funny. It makes me crazy to watch my dh dry himself off after a shower, and *in* the shower. It's freaking *water*, not toxic waste!

I'm the sort who simply steps out. I stand on the cozy bath mat, under the heat lamp (in winter), lean back and squeeze the excess water from my hair into the tub. Only then do I reach for a towel.

Of course, my dh doesn't care how exit the shower.

I am the nutter, as I think his towel-drying is compulsive. Between your toes? Really? :tongue_smilie:

No freakin way. My Dh does that, too. Drives me UP a wall. I'm such a drip dryer.

I wrap the towel around myself in the shower, which takes care of most of the dripping, then get onto the bathmat. Everyone who uses the shower is required to scrape the water off the walls with a squeegee, to save me the work of cleaning scummy shower walls, so we pretty much drip dry while doing that.

I agree with you and we even have a tiny, tiny shower.

Of course one would dry themselves off in the shower!!! Anything else is craziness! :D

:iagree: LOL! Anything else is crazy I tell ya! I despise sopping wet bathmats. They get stinky too quickly.

Normal people dry off IN the shower.

They also don't wear shoes in the house. They do use their crockpots, however and return shopping carts to the designated area in the store parking lot.

They also vaccinate their kids and circumsize their sons.

And I think that just about covers it. Or have I missed something? :D

No towels in the shower here. We step out onto the bath mat or a towel on the floor and dry off somewhere that is dry lol. There is no dripping on the floor. Just out of curiosity...what do the people drying off in the shower think the bath mat is for then?

It's a safety precaution in case the floor gets wet from water vapor or accidental splashing. It also makes a cold winter floor easier to step on.

I dunno, it seems impossible for a sopping wet bath rug to dry just sitting on the floor like that and I don't WANT to hang it up all the time. My son gets a pass, I put a bath mat OVER the bath rug for him to dry off, but he LITERALLY cannot walk. Nobody else has a legitimate excuse!

Normal people dry off IN the shower.

They also don't wear shoes in the house. They do use their crockpots, however and return shopping carts to the designated area in the store parking lot.

They also vaccinate their kids and circumsize their sons.

And I think that just about covers it. Or have I missed something? :D

I agree with 5 out of 6, so we can coexist.

I agree with 5 out of 6, so we can coexist.

LMHO...that's good to know.

I forgot...they also do NOT wear pantyhose in public, but DO wear stockings with garters in the privacy of their own bedrooms for teA.

And that's where I'm stopping, because the carpet vs. hardwood floors in the teA room is not something I'm touching with a ten foot pole. :lol:

Yup. Curly girl, here, too. I wrap my hair in a microfiber hair towel, get out, dry off. The microfiber towel stops the drippies, but leaves my hair wet enough to scrunch some product in it. If I'm feeling very primpy, I then re-wrap it, scrunched, in a t-shirt to help set the curl while it dries. Mostly, I just ball it up on the back of my head and clip it.

My husband gets out and wraps a towel around him. He's all wet, still, when he's getting dressed. :ack2: (of course, he doesn't wear a bra and his clothes are looser than mine, so maybe the wetness doesn't make it difficult)

I forgot...they also do NOT wear pantyhose in public, but DO wear stockings with garters in the privacy of their own bedrooms for teA.

And that's where I'm stopping, because the carpet vs. hardwood floors in the teA room is not something I'm touching with a ten foot pole. :lol:

HOW did I miss this thread? Don't y'all know teA on a carpet was how rug burn was discovered? That's why there are area rugs.

He's all wet, still, when he's getting dressed. :ack2: (of course, he doesn't wear a bra and his clothes are looser than mine, so maybe the wetness doesn't make it difficult)

I had to read this twice...I thought you said he does wear a bra. I really should put my darned glasses on. :D

Why would you touch it without a pole?!?!

Yup. Curly girl, here, too. I wrap my hair in a microfiber hair towel, get out, dry off. The microfiber towel stops the drippies, but leaves my hair wet enough to scrunch some product in it. If I'm feeling very primpy, I then re-wrap it, scrunched, in a t-shirt to help set the curl while it dries. Mostly, I just ball it up on the back of my head and clip it.

My husband gets out and wraps a towel around him. He's all wet, still, when he's getting dressed. :ack2: (of course, he doesn't wear a bra and his clothes are looser than mine, so maybe the wetness doesn't make it difficult)

So what I'm hearing is that people put clothes over wet skin??? That can't be right!

Towels are clear across the room on the counter in my bathroom, so I have to step on the bath mat and jump to the mat in front of the sink just to get my towel, so I agree with your family. If my towel was closer, then I could see drying in the shower, but then I might get my towel all wet before I got to dry off.

Towels are clear across the room on the counter in my bathroom, so I have to step on the bath mat and jump to the mat in front of the sink just to get my towel, so I agree with your family. If my towel was closer, then I could see drying in the shower, but then I might get my towel all wet before I got to dry off.

You're supposed to position your towel within arm's reach BEFORE you get in the shower!

HOW did I miss this thread? Don't y'all know teA on a carpet was how rug burn was discovered? That's why there are area rugs.

Well, this was that hysterical thread that was speaking of...erm...personal teA room carpeting...if you get my drift. ;) I believe area rugs were mentioned, however. :lol: