Menu

Where in the Cont. US is it 75 degrees today?

Midwest here, it is certainly not a low humidity area and we often have a decent amount of hot(90-100+)-very hot and very humid (80-90+%)weather in the summer here.

I like the midwest in general, but I really don't care for the hot and humid weather. That's one thing I'd gladly change.

It's 71 right now where I live, but that's very deceptive. June-August we're usually in the 90s or 100s every day, with high humidity.

(This is why we want our school year to start in June - it's miserable to be outside in the summer here. We'd much rather take our breaks when it's actually bearable to be outside.)

It's 76 right now on the S.F. Peninsula on its way to a high of 81. Low humidity.

We're now living in the East Bay and inland so it's a lot hotter. 89 on its way to 96. At least it's a dry heat!

Unfortunately, the nicer weather on the Peninsula is accompanied by a much higher housing cost. That's one of the reasons we moved. We are paying basically the same after-tax cost for a mortgage on a 4BR 2400 sq. ft. single family detached house in the East Bay as the monthly rent we used to pay on a little 3 BR 1400 sq. ft. condo on the Peninsula. A condo in the complex where we used to rent sold in April for nearly $200k more than a house in our current neighborhood sold for in March. Nicer weather isn't worth THAT much to us! :tongue_smilie:

This is true for me. We have a vacation back east planned, and I don't know how I'll take it (let alone how I'll straighten my hair).

(Diane, waving hello from a branch of children's hospital where I am parked for the duration, thanks to dd2's pneumonia/bronchiolitis - not entirely sure which. but hey, plenty of time for reading the boards!)

I hope he feels better soon...that's no fun! :grouphug:

79 and will soon start dropping. We can get into the high 80's with a very few days per year in the 90's, but if you live close enough to Lake Huron, you do not feel it because the breezes are divine!

I do not do well in intense heat and neither does our 13 year old. We seem to manage Mid-Michigan pretty well but I'm sure it's because of those lake effect winds.

Faith

It's a high of 79 today here in Durango, CO. We have zero humidity in this mountain town. We think it is humid when the humidity is above 10%...but we are spoiled. Our climate is considered high desert. I have to put lotion on a couple times a day because my skin is so dry. We went to PA a few years ago in July...NEVER again. I don't know how people can live in humidity. That being said, altitude causes headaches too...at least until people adjust.

Well, I'm in Aiken, SC, and today it is 75. However, the humidity is also 100%. Yesterday it was in the 80s (and humid) and the forecast for the coming week is high 80s/humid.

I know several people who live here and call themselves "half-backs." They moved from the cold, snowy north to FL, thinking it would be great. Too hot there, so they moved here, "halfway back," and love it in comparison.

Honestly, it's too hot and humid 6 months of the year for me.

Do you like WET and hot ??? It's about 75 outside right now, but that's only cause it has been raining for the last three days :( There is about a foot of water in my back yard. Otherwise it would be about 98 and so moist you could almost see it. :(

Well, I do think it is the humidity. It's been about 75% here. I don't mind rain- I actually like a few straight sunny days then a few rainy days. But this blanket that coats you when you walk out the door- I can't stand it. I spent the majority of my life in middle TN. Moved down here a few years ago to be close to aging in-laws. I had been here before visiting, but mostly in December/January. These summers are killing me. I am headache free until a few minutes after setting foot outside- every.single.time. I feel petty wanting to move just because of weather, but I can't take these constant headaches. Makes me kinda :angry:. I am secretly searching the internet to find the perfect combination of weather, population, and cost of living in a city. Oh, and it has to have an Ikea also.