Menu

Anyone else waiting on curriculum releases/updates?

ByGrace3

It is driving me CRAZY!!! I just placed my last orders, except for history. :glare: We are using Biblioplan and year 2 is still not out yet. I am baffled by why all these companies do this . . . why not have these things ready for spring? When EVERYONE buys . . . ugh. I hope this is it for awhile and I don't have to wait next year. :( Some of the years plan I need won't be out until late August "ready for fall" but what if you start in July?!?! :glare:

I probably won't even start history until August, but I want to have it! :lol:

Anyone else waiting on something to be released? I am way to impatient for this!!! :lol:

ok, so now I shall :chillpill:

I'd like to see the announcement of some release dates for BA 4 too. I know I'm one of the few using BA as primary program, which is risky, but AoPs is such a perfect fit for ds's learning style, I don't see a way around it if there is a chance BA will be available.

I'm waiting on my back-ordered timeline cards from Classical Conversations. But I get why these are late, CC is supposed to be done in a group, starting in the fall. We're just such poor, uninterested memorizers that I wanted to get a head start. :tongue_smilie:

I would like to get Beast Academy 2. Anyone know when it will be released? I might just skip to 3 for my 2nd grader who is advanced in math.

It could take years for BA 2. I believe the plan is to finish 3-5, then go back and do level 2.

Bill

We're waiting on SSL2 and the rest of BA3 and hope they will be out before DS is ready to use them. Those are the only two programs that we'll be wanting to start in the fall or winter that aren't yet out.

Looking down the road, I'm waiting for Horizons Algebra 1, WWS2 and eventually AAS7 (though as DS is only in AAS3 we won't need that one for awhile).

I'm waiting on BP Year 2 as well. We are probably starting school August 6th, and the website states the Cool Histories don't come out until mid-August. I was most concerned about my high school dd, so I contacted them. I asked if I purchase everything else in June and July, could they guarantee me that those will be ready in time? I also asked about Year 3.

Their response was that they really think it will be in late July that those are ready, not August. They told me that if for some reason those were not, they could send me a few weeks to get me started. They said Year 3 would be ready by Spring of 2013.

I am like you, in that I want it in my hands. I do all my planning in the summer. I realize that it's really planned out for me, so it's okay if I get it last.

I'm waiting on BP Year 2 as well. We are probably starting school August 6th, and the website states the Cool Histories don't come out until mid-August. I was most concerned about my high school dd, so I contacted them. I asked if I purchase everything else in June and July, could they guarantee me that those will be ready in time? I also asked about Year 3.

Their response was that they really think it will be in late July that those are ready, not August. They told me that if for some reason those were not, they could send me a few weeks to get me started. They said Year 3 would be ready by Spring of 2013.

I am like you, in that I want it in my hands. I do all my planning in the summer. I realize that it's really planned out for me, so it's okay if I get it last.

SPRING of 2013!?!?! Ugh. So I will be waiting for yr 3 next year? :( I just read somewhere last night it would be ready this fall. BP does have excellent customer service and have been very helpful, but their release dates keep getting pushed back. I am starting to get frustrated... I don't know if I can wait like this again next year :(

I am not using it exactly as is (of course!):tongue_smilie: so I really kind of need it soon.... Supposedly the guide is done and they are just waiting to release it with the companion when it is done. I hope it is soon!

Ok so I thought hearing about how everyone else is waiting would make me feel better. . . You know, misery loves company and all that? Yeah, it doesn't. It scares me a little that this waiting for homeschool materials is normal. :lol:

SPRING of 2013!?!?! Ugh. So I will be waiting for yr 3 next year? :( I just read somewhere last night it would be ready this fall. BP does have excellent customer service and have been very helpful, but their release dates keep getting pushed back. I am starting to get frustrated... I don't know if I can wait like this again next year :(

I am not using it exactly as is (of course!):tongue_smilie: so I really kind of need it soon.... Supposedly the guide is done and they are just waiting to release it with the companion when it is done. I hope it is soon!

Ok so I thought hearing about how everyone else is waiting would make me feel better. . . You know, misery loves company and all that? Yeah, it doesn't. It scares me a little that this waiting for homeschool materials is normal. :lol:

It looks to me like they have Year 3 items for younger and middles, but not high school, which is what I need. I'm assuming they mean the high school materials will be ready by Spring of next year.

It looks to me like they have Year 3 items for younger and middles, but not high school, which is what I need. I'm assuming they mean the high school materials will be ready by Spring of next year.

I "think" very well could be wrong, but the year three that is available now is not the updated version. Year 3 will be the last to update. I have heard that the updates are really good so I was hoping to use the updated version. Oh well, not going to borrow trouble for next year, I am having a hard enough time waiting for this year! :lol: Seriously, they need to release it before I change my mind, AGAIN! :lol:

I've given up on RSO physics, and have just moved on.

I'm at this point too, but still haven't found anything I think would be as good as the RSO we've been using. I've been waiting for physics for at least 3 years now. I'm starting to wonder if they'll ever put something out.

Not that we don't have other fish to fry, but I too am waiting (with a complex mix of patience and impatience) for the release of Beast Academy 3C (and 3D).

Bill

:iagree: Looking forward to more Beast. TT Alg 2 2.0 is coming out soon so dd9 will work on that in the fall if it is out.

I'm waiting for Song School Spanish, but it isn't an emergency or anything I just want it. How rude of them to show it to me in their catalog if it isn't available.:lol:

Song School Spanish?!? oh dear, something else for me to wait for!!! :lol: Any ideas when it will come out?

Galore Park Attic Greek.

:iagree:Perhaps we could contact the US Consulate over there and start putting pressure. Or, hire Laura and hubby to leave hints about a totally pacifistic terrorist cell pressing for this.

I know: Elizabeth Van Diver in tights and a cape.

I've been waiting for The Well Planned Day Software.

And now that I've read this thread, I'm waiting on Song School Spanish. :tongue_smilie:

I am not necessarily waiting as intending to buy it, but I am certainly curious about it.... I spoke to them at length at convention last week, but am still not sure I completely get it. :confused: (Well Planned Day that is!)

I'm waiting for AAS 7! I've been waiting for about a year now.

:iagree: I've been hoping this one will come out soon. DD is halfway thru level 5 ! The release date keeps getting pushed back to the next season of the current year. :glare:

I am not necessarily waiting as intending to buy it, but I am certainly curious about it.... I spoke to them at length at convention last week, but am still not sure I completely get it. :confused: (Well Planned Day that is!)

Waiting to buy it would be more accurate. I wish they would show a good example of how or if one could add multiple lessons easier. Ex: add lessons 1-20 and have them auto populate.

I am waiting for ClassiQuest Earth Science & Astronomy.. I had hoped it would be ready now.. but it isn't.. since we have started our school year again.. I am just going to use something else.. but I'm bummed..

Ditto. It's driving me crazy. I'm waiting for BA, and planning to start Athenaze instead of waiting for Galore Park Greek or GfC 2. We would also really, really like to finish Ellen McHenry's Botany curriculum.

I'm waiting for Song School Spanish, but it isn't an emergency or anything I just want it. How rude of them to show it to me in their catalog if it isn't available.:lol:

:lol: I forgot about this one. Ok, might be waiting on something else too :tongue_smilie: