Menu

s/o Not Celebrating Easter- Share My Joy in our New Path

This week I "stifled myself" and sat on my hands so I wouldn't type in response to a FB friend who was railing about the Paganism of Easter. Here is the link I found after combing the Internet and wading through dozens of other rants. ;) http://www.biblequery.org/Experience/Holidays/ChristiansAndEaster.htm

This topic is especially meaningful for me because when I was growing up, we were part of a new religious movement which frowned upon such frivolous things as colored eggs and chocolate bunnies. Even Christmas trees and lights were questioned, sometimes abhorred, depending on the family.

I found a smile on my lips as I passed a home bedecked with colored eggs and an Easter Lily flag. I'm not very decorative, but this family's display added joy to my day and reminded me of the AWESOME fact of the Resurrection.

This morning I attended our new little church, where the Gospel is preached fervently every Sunday, but with special zeal on Easter because of the occasional attendees. How their hunger should awaken us to God's love for them! My eyes dropped little tears as one of my son's Sunday school classmates and his mother joyfully spoke with the pastor following the service, signifying the young fellow's likely commitment of his life to follow the Savior.

Rejoice with me! Finally my heart feels at home.

I found a smile on my lips as I passed a home bedecked with colored eggs and an Easter Lily flag. I'm not very decorative, but this family's display added joy to my day and reminded me of the AWESOME fact of the Resurrection.

:) Your post did the same for me. Thank you for sharing! I'm happy you have found a church home.

What a happy post! It really brings to mind the real reason for our celebrations, doesn't it? I really dislike it when people try to make you feel guilty for celebrating something so wonderful.

This week I "stifled myself" and sat on my hands so I wouldn't type in response to a FB friend who was railing about the Paganism of Easter. Here is the link I found after combing the Internet and wading through dozens of other rants. ;) http://www.biblequery.org/Experience/Holidays/ChristiansAndEaster.htm

This topic is especially meaningful for me because when I was growing up, we were part of a new religious movement which frowned upon such frivolous things as colored eggs and chocolate bunnies. Even Christmas trees and lights were questioned, sometimes abhorred, depending on the family.

This morning I attended our new little church, where the Gospel is preached fervently every Sunday, but with special zeal on Easter because of the occasional attendees. How their hunger should awaken us to God's love for them! My eyes dropped little tears as one of my son's Sunday school classmates and his mother joyfully spoke with the pastor following the service, signifying the young fellow's likely commitment of his life to follow the Savior.

Rejoice with me! Finally my heart feels at home.

I've never understood that mindset, myself. It's only a word. But, anyway - don't want to hijack your lovely thread and begin a debate. I'm very happy for you that you've found a church home to celebrate Christ's glorious Resurrection. :grouphug: