Menu

I'm just so, so sorry.

A 15 year old boy at my son's high school committed suicide on Wednesday. It looks like bullying was a major factor.

After the Rutgers University incident, there's been a huge push in all districts in NJ to address bullying, but, in the case, it appears it wasn't nearly effective.

My ds shared a music class with him and had visited his home on a few occasions.

I am so sorry for this young man and his family.

ETA: For those of you who pray, the Baldwin family could sure use your prayers.

Edited by Stacy in NJ

So sad. It's tragic how this will affect so many for many, many years. :grouphug:

Two years ago, when my dd was a sophomore in high school, a boy in her class killed himself. It was a total shock to everyone in our small town. His friends and classmates took it extremely hard, and this didn't appear to have anything to do with bullying. I still remember like it was yesterday when my dd came out of her room that night crying to tell me what had happened. She had seen him that day in class and he seemed fine. She talked to him after school and told him she'd see him the next day.

Next Friday night, Dateline will be about Phoebe Prince. So sad that this continues to happen.

So sad....

My daughter's best friend is 14 and is getting treatment for depression and some suicidal thoughts. You would not believe the comments her mom is getting..."You really want your daughter to be on medication like that?"

Mom is responding flat out, "No, but I'd rather have her on medication than dead."

Also, comments about "overreacting to normal teen issues". This girl is homeschooled. Her mom KNOWS HER, and thank God is taking it seriously.

Always better safe than sorry.