Menu

Amazon: $10 gift card for $5 promotion

Could you enlighten me as to where to find this? I don't see it on Amazon.com and don't understand what you mean by local.

Type in local.amazon.com in your address bar. You don't have to be a member of amazon local (there's nothing in my small city), but at the top you'll see a link to the gift card promotion.

And thank you to the OP! I ordered mine.

Thanks Kathy! Another question for anybody. Is this just a virtual gc or that shows up in an online account, or will you receive an actual gc in the mail? The local amazon thing says something about:

"To redeem your gift card using the Amazon.com 1-Click® service, first add the gift card funds to Your Account. To redeem or view a GC balance, visit “Your Account†on Amazon.com."

This is what I'm not understanding. Thanks.

Thanks Kathy! Another question for anybody. Is this just a virtual gc or that shows up in an online account, or will you receive an actual gc in the mail? The local amazon thing says something about:

"To redeem your gift card using the Amazon.com 1-Click® service, first add the gift card funds to Your Account. To redeem or view a GC balance, visit “Your Account†on Amazon.com."

This is what I'm not understanding. Thanks.

It's a virtual gift card. You get a code which you then put into your amazon account under the my gift cards section.

Type in local.amazon.com in your address bar. You don't have to be a member of amazon local (there's nothing in my small city), but at the top you'll see a link to the gift card promotion.

And thank you to the OP! I ordered mine.

Thank you for the instructions, it worked perfectly.

Update: My card shows a charge of $5 made this morning, but I never received an email with the gift card number, and now instead of Processing under My Vouchers, it says "there are no deals of this type to show." I'm rather :mad: at the moment and hope they either give me a refund (I don't have an AmazonLocal in my state, so maybe that's the issue?) or send me the code.

Thanks! For those waiting for their voucher/code, I received this message when I ordered:

Please Note

Due to the popularity of today's Amazon.com Gift Card deal it may take several hours to receive our email confirming your purchase. Thanks for your patience!

Thanks! For those waiting for their voucher/code, I received this message when I ordered:

Please Note

Due to the popularity of today's Amazon.com Gift Card deal it may take several hours to receive our email confirming your purchase. Thanks for your patience!

I understand that they're swamped, but there isn't even a record on the AmazonLocal site that I placed the order now. It disappeared, and I never received an email confirmation at all. Trying to be patient...

I understand that they're swamped, but there isn't even a record on the AmazonLocal site that I placed the order now. It disappeared, and I never received an email confirmation at all. Trying to be patient...

If you have a credit card charge, though, you can ultimately dispute it.

For what it's worth, my email said this

Need help? Contact AmazonLocal Customer Service at (866) 395-2090 or visit our Help page.

https://local.amazon.com/help

Update: My card shows a charge of $5 made this morning, but I never received an email with the gift card number, and now instead of Processing under My Vouchers, it says "there are no deals of this type to show." I'm rather :mad: at the moment and hope they either give me a refund (I don't have an AmazonLocal in my state, so maybe that's the issue?) or send me the code.

I have the same problem.:glare:

I am having the same problem! Now what?

I am having the same problem! Now what?

I noticed on a couple of other forums and the Facebook AmazonLocal page that a lot of people are having the same issue. Someone said she called customer service and there's quite a backlog to go through. I ordered at around 9 or so this morning and the code just came through by email (the voucher shows up on Your Vouchers now too), so prepare for a long wait!