Menu

I don't know why it's called pie, but my favorite is Boston Cream Pie!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQLFu4z6b29PVO1-bAcGoNTl7NdcMqATk7SaNb2lSs0b6FwhV9zw

I also like cherry, peach, chocolate cream pie, coconut cream pie, buttermilk pie. I think the list is endless!:D

(But no meringue, which my grandfather called calf slobber)

I love Pie. A friend and I began Pie Club. We call the meeting to order, have The Reading of the Pies (youngest member reads the list of pies to date) and we all eat pie. The first rule of Pie Club is to Eat Pie. The second is that a pie must contain Crustage and Fillage. Boston Cream Pie does NOT make the cut.

At the end of the meeting, we vote on the pies . . ."All in favor of Apple, say aye." And we end with the Pie Club song. Gallons of hot tea are consumed during any given meeting and meetings can go on for HOURS.

Our next meeting is Wednesday because it is Pi Day :D

ETA:I plan to make a peanut butter pie for the next meetingvory pie TBD.

Oh crud! I totally forgot about Pi Day. My son would not be happy about that.

I wonder if I can arrange a last minute bring a pie to my house to share Pi day event for Wednesday.

… pizza pie! …

Oh' date=' how could I forget pizza pie!!

I love Pie. A friend and I began Pie Club. We call the meeting to order, have The Reading of the Pies (youngest member reads the list of pies to date) and we all eat pie. The first rule of Pie Club is to Eat Pie. The second is that a pie must contain Crustage and Fillage. Boston Cream Pie does NOT make the cut.

At the end of the meeting, we vote on the pies . . ."All in favor of Apple, say aye." And we end with the Pie Club song. Gallons of hot tea are consumed during any given meeting and meetings can go on for HOURS.

ETA:I plan to make a peanut butter pie for the next meetingvory pie TBD.

Pie club is a great idea!

But Boston Cream meets the criteria, the Crustage is just fluffy and the Fillage is the.best.ever. Maybe I will have my BCP on Pi Day.

Oh, how could I forget pizza pie!!

Pie club is a great idea!

But Boston Cream meets the criteria, the Crustage is just fluffy and the Fillage is the.best.ever. Maybe I will have my BCP on Pi Day.

I'm sorry, but crustage must actually be crusty, so your layer cake is unacceptable no matter how yummy it may be. Cheesecake makes the cut, Boston Cream Pie does not. Pie Club has spoken. (Yes, we discuss these things at length. We are currently shunning a friend who attempted to make it Dessert Club.)

If I was in a store where all the pies I have ever eaten were arranged.....

I would start with an incredible pecan I once had(it wasn't candy sweet)

I would have apple with tart apples and double crust that has a crisp top crust with cinnamon sugar on top.

I would have a fluffy chocolate, because you know, well, its chocolate :) with fresh whipped cream

Grandmas homemade lemon (I scrape off the meringue) that was not made with Jello pudding mix.

ohhh and a fresh strawberry rubarb....mmmmmmm

Key lime

Pecan (I'm picky about it.)

Chess (Picky about this one, too. NONONO store bought. And don't even think of adding <gasp> lemon!)

Hershey Bar Pie

And I don't do meringue. On anything.

Reading through this I have to laugh at myself. I'm not even a picky eater. :D

My favorite pies are fruit pies homemade from fresh ingredients, not canned.

Last are the very sweet ones:

Pecan, lemon meringue, coconut cream

I share your love of fruit pies. I especially love fresh fruit pies (this is a great all purpose recipe) -- I have used blueberry (most often), strawberry, and peach, and maybe some combo berry. A good apple pie is also hard to beat. I also reeeally like dairy + fruit. Yum.

But I just recently tried some awesome cooked fruit pies. Sigh. So good.

But now about lemon meringue, to me, it shouldn't be sweet at all! It should be quite tart in my opinion.

I also love cream pies like chocolate cream and pineapple cream. Not so crazy about coconut cream, and banana is nice if the bananas aren't nasty and brown.

Edited by stripe

1. Strawberry Cheese Pie.

2. Fresh Blueberry

3. Cherry

4. Lemon Meringue (DH makes)

5. Apple

I love pies. These are my very favorites but I will happily eat any pie but pumpkin. Pumpkin pie is an abomination to me:tongue_smilie:

Happy Pi Day to you!

What's the third one from the top? Are those gooseberries in there? Everything looks lovely!

It was a fruit tart. It has blueberries, raspberries, and grapes. We also had tamale pie, chicken pot pie, caramel apple pie, and peanut butter pie.