Menu

What Pinterest ideas have you DONE? (and site list)

I've seen lots of pins joking about how pinning gives you a sense of accomplishment without doing. Just curious what you've been inspired to do and have actually DONE (or will do in the near future).

I've been inspired to:

Make a gallon of liqued hand soap.

donut muffins for ds's birthday breakfast

valentine's popcorn for dd's birthday coming up

writing inspiration and ideas for my high school writing class

list of factory field trips by state - great for planning upcoming trip out east

list of college scholarships- dd and ds and I are going through this board systematically.

photo-realism project for my high school drawing class

I've printed out a bunch of stuff from my printables board

planning garden based on "when to plant what" chart

For summer I'm planning a couple of pallet projects, tons of gardening and homesteading projects (seed starts in t.p. rolls ; ), arbor from old doors.

At least 1 of our 3 stairs are going to get done this summer- I have a whole board of stair ideas. I'm gonna get wild with the attic and basement stairs;)

PVC water squirting guns for kids

make canvas board with picture (have canvas)

Make subway sign

The kids and I have had a great time laughing at "things that make me laugh" and "the force be with you" boards - we're easily amused.:001_smile: And my 21 yo and I have been having fun trading ideas and saving pins for each other.

What about you? What have you done? And isnt' it about time to list our pinterest sites again, too? Here's mine.

I made a little wooden color sorting game for the 2 yr old I babysit and I tried my hand at the melted crayon canvas art. Both ideas I found on pintrest. I am not sure what my next project from my boards will be.

DD is going to be creating a board on my pintrest in the next few days to work on one of her girl guide badges, she needs to find pictures online of room elements and design she would love to use as 1 part of her decorating your own space badge.

I actually have a board called "Things I've Done," and I copy stuff from my other boards after I do them. This weekend my goal is to do three things from there: make my own body wash, make French toast skewers or cinnamon pull bread, and make a "laser obstacle course" for the kids in the hall.

I love Pinterest, and I don't even have an account. LOL!

Stair baskets - wish I had thought of this years ago. I can't find the original blog, but here is a repin, (3rd pic down):

http://realdanagentry.blogspot.com/2011/09/oh-how-pinteresting-monday-day-late.html

Pencil holders - no link, but modge podge scrapbook paper to tin cans. I make several for our den to hold colored pencils, highlights and expo makers.

Painted laminate bathroom cabinets - I didn't know you could paint laminate cabinets. They came out fabulous.

http://www.centsationalgirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/mia-bathroom-after.jpg

Bathroom mirror frame - Not the original link, but we framed the mirrors in our master bath. I painted them Betty Ross Brown by Valspar to match the cabinets.

http://prudentlypaintedvintage.blogspot.com/2011/01/framing-out-mirror.html

Floating shelves - I don't have a link for our current project, but my dh made floating shelves for our water closet in the master bathroom. They go wall to wall over the toilet.

I made toy storage out of buckets and zip ties: http://pinterest.com/pin/249879479294397424/

That's the pinterest link, but ours is a rainbow. I may eventually post a pic on my blog about it.

Tons of recipes, green smoothies, sensory boards.

We use these calendars I found on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pin/249879479294448129/

This Trinity activity: http://pinterest.com/pin/249879479294567822/

We've made heart crayons, used pipe cleaners with a colander (thirty minutes of silence lol), made a snowman out of packing peanuts (the directions used cotton balls), made paint bags, and made trees out of handprints and daubers.

We use something from there at least once a week. It's fun.

I made a cover for my dd's comforter: http://www.craftstylish.com/item/10897/how-to-make-a-patchwork-duvet-cover/page/all

I've tried a few recipes too.

Before I had an account (so I don't have a link!), I made a braided headband from an old tie-dye t-shirt.

Next on the list is to make some crates (probably from Ana-white.com so not from Pinterest) for dds' bedroom. (Can you tell I'm redecorating our girls' room?)

I made butterfly canvases with my youngest dds - Butterfly Canvas. this was very easy and looks fantastic!

Also did these two fall crafts with them:

Stained Glass Fall Leaves

Glue Line Watercolor Pumpkins

and, while this isn't really a craft, it is a little sign designed to help me out in the schoolroom. Keeping Order with teen boys in the schoolroom :D

How fun! I'm reminded of how much I still want to do.

I've made a TON of the recipes. I was going to link them, but it's a huge list. Almost everything has been a winner.

We built something very similar to this double bunk bed.

I made my own mini-files for seed packets, a la Homestead Revival.

Like Laughing Lioness, I made a gallon of liquid homemade soap.

I painted my living room, dining room, and I'm working on the kitchen based on this kitchen color. I'm loving it! So clean and bright, especially against the white trim.

I built this in one of my kitchen cabinets.

Oh! The cleaning tutorials, the homeschooling links, the sewing tips - I've learned so much from Pinterest. I'm starting to check Pinterest for tips and solutions before I Google.

I have done mostly kid stuff:

Lava in a cup

yeast & peroxide

exploding ivory soap

Pom pom popper

calm down jar

salt painting

straw plane

large felt Christmas tree

melted down crayons

gravel in storage box for matchbox construction trucks

I've also made a few recipes including the homemade wheat thins, which are awesome. Seems like I've done a few other things, but I'm blanking. I love pinterest. Here's me: http://pinterest.com/annlaura/.

I completely changed my life by making the laundry basket shelf to go in my laundry room. Seriously, it has made such a huge difference for me! I'm on my iPad and can't figure out how to put in a link, but on Pinterest it is a blue shelf from Ana White's website. I don't know how to build anything...but I was inspired to use a bookshelf we already had, take the back off, attach it securely to a wall and now we have a beautiful storage tower for five laundry bins...one for each child and M&D for clean laundry. Now the laundry isn't piled all over the couch or the dryer or unfolded in a basket, etc. It is SO awesome! I go into my laundry room just to look at it sometimes! :D

A friend and I alternate hosting Pinning It Down every week, where we blog and share about the things we have done on Pinterest and how it turned out. It is tons of fun, and we would love for anyone to join us.

You can read more about it here.

You can also read about what I've actually done there. :001_smile:

My dds and I hosted a Valentine's Day tea party earlier this week for some other little girls in our neighborhood. I made a wrist corsage for each girl and we made these button heart ornaments after having tea.

My dds and I also made these heart jar votives this week. We used thinned Mod Podge instead of liquid starch.

I also bought a shoe storage unit at IKEA after seeing this on Pinterest. I *love* it!

Made spaghetti sauce in the crockpot.

Made apple butter in the crockpot.

Made body butter bars.

Made homemade Ding Dongs from scratch.

Made the cinnamon honey butter from Texas Roadhouse.

Made a chili cheese tator tot casserole. (Judge me all you want; it was worth every moment of heartburn!)

Made sloppy joe grilled cheese sandwhiches.

Made a paint chip heart/paint collage sorta thing.

Learned how to make chinese take-out containers from cardstock.

Found the M&M Math pages for the kids and bought the candy for it, but ate the candy instead of doing the math. (Three times.) :o

Oh, and I got a haircut because of a pic I pinned. In my defense I must say that the model made it look really good. I'm not her. It's been 4 months since the Horrid Haircut and I'm finally not crying about it anymore.

Edited by ThatCyndiGirl

I'm not a typical pinner. You won't find recipes, fashion, crafts (yuck!) or dream vacations on my boards. (Although I love looking at all the photos of my fellow pinners).... I pin education ideas so I can remember them for later.

Boring. I know. :tongue_smilie:

We've done a few science experiments. And I've purchased many science and Greek mythology books.

Here's my humble science board. :)

made some canvas art

some glitter art

a menu board

(none of these turned out how I really expected them to! :glare:)

I dug a pellet out of the trash for a project in my garden

lots and lots of recipes

I use pinterest to pin lots of homeschool ideas and sites to use for history, so I've done those.

I completely changed my life by making the laundry basket shelf to go in my laundry room. Seriously, it has made such a huge difference for me! I'm on my iPad and can't figure out how to put in a link, but on Pinterest it is a blue shelf from Ana White's website. I don't know how to build anything...but I was inspired to use a bookshelf we already had, take the back off, attach it securely to a wall and now we have a beautiful storage tower for five laundry bins...one for each child and M&D for clean laundry. Now the laundry isn't piled all over the couch or the dryer or unfolded in a basket, etc. It is SO awesome! I go into my laundry room just to look at it sometimes! :D

I'm trying to picture how a laundry basket would fit into a bookshelf...or do you have an extra deep bookshelf. I'm asking because I'd love a laundry basket tower, and I have an unused bookshelf in the garage.

:scared:

I'm trying to picture how a laundry basket would fit into a bookshelf...or do you have an extra deep bookshelf. I'm asking because I'd love a laundry basket tower, and I have an unused bookshelf in the garage.

Sorry, I guess I posted the link from your site. Hope that was okay!

Please tell me I didn't kill this thread...:scared:

Edited by fourcatmom

I joined a week ago or so and am loving it. I've done a couple of sewing projects, shown my dd some cool science stuff on there and she's set up a board on my account for the things she likes. I'll be doing a few V-day things too that I've pinned.

I've started following some of you ladies- I love all the homeschool and diy ideas on there! Here I am: http://pinterest.com/jasarem/

I was inspired to reorganize my toy room/ learning area. I'm also keeping plastic bottled to make discovery bottles but I'm yet to actually make them. I've not been pinning very long so I don't feel like its a waste yet :). I've found some nice room for the beach house we will one day build, hopefully start in the next year.

I've got a follow me button on the RHS of my blog, link in my siggy. Look forward to following some of you :)

Made these drop-cloth curtains for our HUGE living room window and took down the vertical blinds!

http://www.thepickyapple.com/blog/2010/08/02/drop-cloth-curtains-and-paintings/

Got this haircut:

http://media-cdn.pinterest.com/upload/108367934753090517_F36S2kCq.jpg

Made pumpkin pie crumble a million times!

http://www.anniesdish.com/2011/08/pumpkin-pie-crumble.html

I've only been on Pinterest for a month, so I haven't had too much time to act (just time to pin)!

I've tried a few recipes, and plan to print out some valentines that I found there for the kids' party. I've also been gathering some organization ideas that I'm in the process of implementing.

I love the idea of a "Things I've Done" board! And I'm going to start following all of you fellow WTM'ers so I can get more ideas! Here are my boards: http://pinterest.com/dkklop/.

:scared:

Sorry, I guess I posted the link from your site. Hope that was okay!

Please tell me I didn't kill this thread...:scared:

Yes, that was ok. My question was more about using a bookshelf. Most bookshelves are only about 12 inches deep. Laundry baskets, at least the ones I've seen, are much wider than 12 inches. I picture them falling out the front of the bookshelf.

Yes, that was ok. My question was more about using a bookshelf. Most bookshelves are only about 12 inches deep. Laundry baskets, at least the ones I've seen, are much wider than 12 inches. I picture them falling out the front of the bookshelf.

Yes, that is the picture that inspired me. But I knew if I needed to get dh to build it, it would never happen. SO...I took one of those cheaper bookshelves (like from walmart or target), carefully took the back of the shelf off--because you are right, the shelves are not deep enough for a laundry basket. Taking off the back made it wobbly and far from sturdy, so dh screwed the shelves in place and attached it to the side wall. Then we took wire to place in the back so the laundry baskets do not slide off.

I will try to get a picture on here if you'd like. It didn't cost me anything, because I already had the bookshelf and the baskets. But it has really made such a difference in my tiny laundry room!

Plus I feel like I am actually re-learning how to put a darn outfit together after years of military uniforms and maternity/breastfeeding clothing... :glare:

:lol: I feel the same way, only I've never had a military uniform...just trend challanged. :D

I spent way too much time last night looking at some of your boards:001_smile: Awesome homeschooling ideas- woot! Now for more time to check out more boards !

:iagree:

I can see why it's so popular, I hadn't seen one before, just heard people talking about it.

I don't need one, though...I have a hard enough time keeping my website updated and working on what I need to for it. I don't have time for a blog or Pinterest. I tried a blog for a while...too much work to do both plus homeschool my kids, clean the house, work with my tutoring students.