Menu

What's the last movie you watched by yourself?

Miss Potter - I don't really know if I liked it or not.:confused1:

I have some sort of insomnia, so I'm usually up late at night watching DIY Network, Food Network, Discovery, Discovery Health or one of the History channels. Maybe I should watch a new movie tonight.

I must admit to some curiousity here.

I thought this was a fun topic and gave it a 5-star rating.

One other person came and apparently thought it was a terrible thread and rated it very low, bringing it down to a 3-star rating.

Why?:confused:

Why would a thread about movies bother someone so much? Is it our choice of movies? Or the entertainment industry in general? What gives here?

Why is this not a good thread? I truly want to understand.

I must admit to some curiousity here.

I thought this was a fun topic and gave it a 5-star rating.

One other person came and apparently thought it was a terrible thread and rated it very low, bringing it down to a 3-star rating.

Why?:confused:

Why would a thread about movies bother someone so much? Is it our choice of movies? Or the entertainment industry in general? What gives here?

Why is this not a good thread? I truly want to understand.

It is a good thread. Someone has way too much time on their hands and wants to be cranky.

I think the last movie I watched was Sweeny Todd.

There's one scene where Johnny Depp and Alan Rickman are singing together and my mind just sees Captain Jack singing to Professor Snape. Had to rewind the movie a couple of times to get what was actual happening.

No way! Me, too! Seven Years in Tibet, on Netflix.

Did you cry? I cried when the Chinese sacked the village. I ended up staying up late googling things about Tibet.

Nat Geo just recently (I can't remember what issue) did a story on Tibet.

The whole thing is just so sad and so very, very cruel.

:lol: No, not out loud. But it was (and still is) very sad.

Now I'm imagining my dh, who was asleep next to me in bed while I was watching it, waking up to me crying over a Brad Pitt movie. I would have never lived that down!

me: sad055.gif

him: laughing015.gif

:lol: No, not out loud. But it was (and still is) very sad.

Now I'm imagining my dh, who was asleep next to me in bed while I was watching it, waking up to me crying over a Brad Pitt movie. I would have never lived that down!

me: sad055.gif

him: laughing015.gif

Where did you get those awesome smilies??:001_smile:

I have to retract my previous movie. It was "One Fine Day" with Geoge Clooney. I was feeling bad the other day and laid in bed and watched it all alone. I have a sentimental love for that movie as dh and I were watching it when I went into labor with ds.

Urgh! I want to see 27 Dresses!!! Um, I watched Yours, Mine and Ours the night before last on cable. Does it count that Dh is out of town? I've also watched The Wedding Planner (I love, love, love to watch Matthew McConaughey) and the last 2 rentals I've watched alone (dh didn't want to watch) Freedom Writers and We Are Marshall.

... when I get a chance to watch a movie alone, it's usually something with Sean Bean in it. :001_tt1: But that's just me. Aside from that, hmmmm . . . have you ever seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind or The Virgin Suicides? These (especially the latter) might not be to everyone's tastes, but I liked them. They're very different, from each other I mean, and both a little . . . well just different!

I don't watch movies too often, but when I do, I almost always watch alone. Last week I watched ~ and adored ~ "Once". What a fabulous film! Best thing I've seen in a long while. Ridiculous that it's rated R. Apparently movies containing the word f--- earn a more stringent rating than do movies in which people act like they're going to f---. :rolleyes:

I don't watch movies too often, but when I do, I almost always watch alone. Last week I watched ~ and adored ~ "Once". What a fabulous film! Best thing I've seen in a long while. Ridiculous that it's rated R. Apparently movies containing the word f--- earn a more stringent rating than do movies in which people act like they're going to f---. :rolleyes:

:D That made me giggle...

... when I get a chance to watch a movie alone, it's usually something with Sean Bean in it. :001_tt1:

I'm with you on that. Sean Bean has quite a list of movies in production, including a version of MacBeth (his character) with Tilda Swinton as Lady MacBeth. I can picture him running his hands through his hair now.:)

What have you watched recently?
Recently? None. The last movie I watched by myself was Bad Santa on July 4, 2004, a few days before my youngest was born. I couldn't sleep because of the fireworks in the neighborhood. It was not a good movie to watch with a 9 mo pregnant crushed bladder. :blushing:

... when I get a chance to watch a movie alone, it's usually something with Sean Bean in it. :001_tt1: But that's just me. Aside from that, hmmmm . . . have you ever seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind or The Virgin Suicides? These (especially the latter) might not be to everyone's tastes, but I liked them. They're very different, from each other I mean, and both a little . . . well just different!

Loved all three. Yes, I am a movie addict and I won't let them take me to rehab.. no no no! :lol:

Mona Lisa Smile. Second movie I've watched by myself in a year. Before that--many years!!

I usually skip the movies dh and the boys watch.:glare:

Oh, and I LOVED PS I Love You!! Dh had seen previews and assumed this was a family movie, so we all went to it. Finally, one I really loved!! lol The boys could have passed. snicker snicker