Menu

What shows do you watch as a family with your young children?

I'm having a hard time finding shows that we (Mom, Dad, and 7 year old son) can all enjoy.

We enjoy watching documentaries and have been spending a good bit of time with several of the space series documentaries on netflix instant play.

We enjoy the Young Indiana Jones series.

We will sometimes watch America's Funniest Home Videos, and they also enjoy Wipeout (which is really borderline for me).

We recently tried the original Star Trek series, but he said he was too scared during the first episode (which I find interesting since he watches and enjoys Star Wars movies).

I don't mind if they are older series that we have to get from Netflix or the library.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

We all enjoy Phineas and Ferb as well as Jimmy Neutron :)

Most of my kids like to watch Cupcake Wars on Food Network (but my dh doesn't, so it can't qualify as a family show) and my daughters' like to watch HGTV with me.

The older kids like watching the political debates with us as well.

Phineus and Ferb :-)

:iagree:I even enjoy watching it!

It's so tough to find anything decent to watch as a family. Dh will watch The Clone Wars with them but I'm not into it as much. We also watch I Love Lucy in addition to several of the others already mentioned. I think either of those would be okay for a 7 year old.

At the risk of being beat over the head, I'll tell you :D.

We all enjoy watching Bones, House, Criminal Minds, Good Luck Charlie, Wizards of Waverly Place, Royal Pains, Top Chef, Chopped... and several other shows that I'm sure wouldn't dare float onto the screens of most ladies here with children in the room :D

At the risk of being beat over the head, I'll tell you :D.

We all enjoy watching Bones, House, Criminal Minds, Good Luck Charlie, Wizards of Waverly Place, Royal Pains, Top Chef, Chopped... and several other shows that I'm sure wouldn't dare float onto the screens of most ladies here with children in the room :D

Same here. Although with my recent behavior issues, no one should do anything I do!

Same here. Although with my recent behavior issues, no one should do anything I do!

I'm sure you are a wonderful parent and, having read several of your threads, I would never *not* come to you for parenting advice if needed just because one your children is going through a rough time.

Due to medical issues, my 2 1/2 year old is an unsocialized heathen. He is THAT kid - you know - the one the parents whisper about at playdates; the one that pokes other small children in the chest and yells "What is IT?" because, yeah, he cannot recognize an age peer :D. He's the one they pray their children will never act like.

BTDT :grouphug:

The Cosby Show

Little House on the Prairie

Anne of Green Gables mini-series

:iagree:

we also added in Hogan's Heroes, the Flying Nun, Liberty's Kids, The Waltons, Little Mosque on the Prairie, Dr. Quinn Medicine woman (when they were 9 or so)......

the cosby show is probably the alltime favourite......

fwiw,

ann

We are not big TV people. We do watch movies together, though.

We watch Nature on PBS, occasionally America's Funniest Home Videos and that's about it.

They watch 2 hours of PBS cartoons on Saturday morning, if we're home. They see some commercials when DH watches sports.

I occasionally watch Antiques Roadshow or America's Test Kitchen and they might watch too.

We have only the limited cable - 12 channels or so to choose from, not zillions, so our selection is very limited.