Menu

Add yours..."I bet I'm the only only one here that.."

Ever have an interest, hobby, idea or ideology that you are absolutely *positive* no one here on this board would connect to- pure weirdo food realm stuff?

So you say nothing ever about it because you'd be blown out of the water or passed by?

This is the thread to put your interest entry in. I'll get all Joe Brave and start.

I bet there is not another soul reading that enjoys NWA remixes and finds them somehow intellectually expanding, stimulating. Especially remix on repeat play with extended bass.

---

Your turn....have an entry?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol! I love old skool rap! (Disregard if you are thinking of a classier NWA)

I think I am the only one here who is absolutely fanatical about football. I skipped a potential date night with dh because the Saints are playing a play-off game tonight. BTW, they won, so it was totally worth it. Also, I am making dh take the dc to karate Monday night so I can watch LSU beat the tar out of Bama.

Everytime I read a thread with "Bama" in it, I read an O in front in my mind and think it is political.

Dawn

Lol! I love old skool rap! (Disregard if you are thinking of a classier NWA)

I think I am the only one here who is absolutely fanatical about football. I skipped a potential date night with dh because the Saints are playing a play-off game tonight. BTW, they won, so it was totally worth it. Also, I am making dh take the dc to karate Monday night so I can watch LSU beat the tar out of Bama.

I bet I am the only one who gets annoyed when things are crooked. For example, if I'm laying in bed I can't have one side of the sheet going over my shoulder and the other side going over my waist; they must both go across at the same level. Or in school, my desk HAD to be parallel with the wall. If it was angled, I had to fix it. DH seems to think it's funny to twist his socks or the kids' pants around because it absolutely must be fixed. :glare: Punk :tongue_smilie:

You are correct, I mean that NWA. Great history behind the movement and development of the music.

I'm watching Howard Zinn lectures with Snoop Dogg, remix "Sweat" (Sweat (David Guetta Remix) playing in the background.

What a cool fit- absolute precision and paralleled connections if you handle it just right. To me, it's like opera.

Told ya I was weird.

------

I love football too, varying degrees in the house. Absolutely can cause problems..lol.

PS: Wendi, someone 'round here needs to organize a twitter / facebook list for next years "festivities". I bet it would be a flipping riot.

Go Packers!

Edited by one*mom

I bet there is not another soul reading that enjoys NWA remixes and finds them somehow intellectually expanding, stimulating. Especially remix on repeat play with extended bass.

---

Your turn....have an entry?

LOL!!! Not a big NWA fan, but I do love House of Pain and Eminem (along with pretty much every musical genre except country).

I bet I'm the only one here that....reads business strategy books for fun. I also regularly go to Karaoke night (and yes, I sing!) but I have a feeling there are some other WTM'ers on here that need to come out of the Karaoke closet... ;)

You are correct, I mean that NWA. Great history behind the movement and development of the music.

I'm watching Howard Zinn lectures with Snoop Dogg, remix "Sweat" (Sweat (David Guetta Remix) playing in the background.

What a cool fit- absolute precision and paralleled connections if you handle it just right. To me, it's like opera.

Told ya I was weird.

------

I love football too, varying degrees in the house. Absolutely can cause problems..lol.

PS: Wendi, someone 'round here needs to organize a twitter / facebook list for next years "festivities". I bet it would be a flipping riot.

Go Packers!

Oh, I so wanted to love you, but you had to add that "Go Packers.":tongue_smilie: Any other year that would be acceptable (Aaron Rogers=swoon), but I think you really meant either "Who Dat" or "Geaux Saints."

Hmmm....

I bet I'm the only one here that wears a headcovering while wearing pants. :D

(Not all the time. I don't always wear a headcovering, and I somtimes wear skirts instead of pants. And I sometimes wear a headcovering AND skirts. But I never, ever see other women wear a headcovering with pants. :))

LOL!!! Not a big NWA fan, but I do love House of Pain and Eminem (along with pretty much every musical genre except country).

I bet I'm the only one here that....reads business strategy books for fun. I also regularly go to Karaoke night (and yes, I sing!) but I have a feeling there are some other WTM'ers on here that need to come out of the Karaoke closet... ;)

I only karaoke to old skool Madonna.

Hmmm....

(Not all the time. I don't always wear a headcovering, and I somtimes wear skirts instead of pants. And I sometimes wear a headcovering AND skirts. But I never, ever see other women wear a headcovering with pants. :))

:iagree: I bet you are!

I'd love to add something, but, well, I'm pretty ordinary. ;)

I respect that.:D Karaoke with principles.

You're in NE? We should do a WTM Karaoke Night somewhere halfway between (how's Boulder for you?)... :tongue_smilie:

Opposite side of NE. Closer to Omaha.

I will bend my karaoke rules to include Journey. And most cheesy 80s songs. And Jimmy Buffet.

Hmmm....

Well I will admit that I used to wear a headcoving while wearing blue jeans. Never was much to wear skirts and dresses.

:D

I'll come out of the karoake closet (I prefer 80s stuff and Britney Spears, personally).

I bet I am the only one here who likes the movies Friday and Next Friday.

"It's Friday! You ain't got no job. You ain't got .... to do. We gonna get you high."

Nope. Not the only one;):lol:.

I bet I'm the only one who raises "cute little lambs" (as my friend calls them in hopes that she'll change my mind) for my freezer... People always want their kids to see them..."Sure" I say, "Come on over". They arrive and want to play with them. I razingly have to tell the parents that we don't play with our food :tongue_smilie: .But I'll still let the kids hold a calm lamb if there is one...believe it or not those little guys can jump around like rabbits.

Oh and right now I have a bottle dairy bull calf that I'm raising for the freezer as well.

...now I'm off to my corner to hide from those that will think I'm terrible :leaving:

Opposite side of NE. Closer to Omaha.

I will bend my karaoke rules to include Journey. And most cheesy 80s songs. And Jimmy Buffet.

Perfect! Love Journey... Don't have a lighter but I'll hold up my cellphone for you...;) I do mostly 70's, 90's, and some current songs.

I'll come out of the karoake closet (I prefer 80s stuff and Britney Spears, personally).

Woohoo! I knew there were more of us!! :tongue_smilie:

Hmmm....

I see the head covering and pants look around here ALL THE TIME. You're not a freak, You just need to relocate :D

I just assume I'm the only semi-professional bellydancer on any homeschooling board, but I'd be thrilled to run into others. People talk about head coverings and modest bathing suits here and I'm sure theyd faint dead away or get the wrong idea at the thought of dancing in public in Egyptian bedlah. I'm also pretty sure I direct one of the few multiple-generational, homeschooling Bellydance troupes in the country :lol:

I see the head covering and pants look around here ALL THE TIME. You're not a freak, You just need to relocate :D

I just assume I'm the only semi-professional bellydancer on any homeschooling board, but I'd be thrilled to run into others. People talk about head coverings and modest bathing suits here and I'm sure theyd faint dead away or get the wrong idea at the thought of dancing in public in Egyptian bedlah. I'm also pretty sure I direct one of the few multiple-generational, homeschooling Bellydance troupes in the country :lol:

Well, my "claim to fame" is that I'm probably the only *LDS* bellydancer on this board. I don't bare my tummy (and in fact, my studio is owned by an LDS family, so I couldn't during rehearsals even if I wanted to, as they don't allow *any* of the classes to bare anything more than a standard leotard bares), but I still love the looks I get when I randomly drop the word "bellydancer" in front of a group of LDS women. :tongue_smilie: Some barely bat an eye. Others react as if it's one step away from dancing around a pole in stilettos. :lol:

:lol:

Well, my "claim to fame" is that I'm probably the only *LDS* bellydancer on this board. I don't bare my tummy (and in fact, my studio is owned by an LDS family, so I couldn't during rehearsals even if I wanted to, as they don't allow *any* of the classes to bare anything more than a standard leotard bares), but I still love the looks I get when I randomly drop the word "bellydancer" in front of a group of LDS women. :tongue_smilie: Some barely bat an eye. Others react as if it's one step away from dancing around a pole in stilettos. :lol:

Titles Julie...we need titles..what's goin' on up there on your bookshelf?

The bookshelf is out of control. At least 100 business books there (in addition to other topics), but I discovered the library about a year ago so I'm buying less these days... Right now, I'm reading "The Art of Woo - Using Strategic Persuasion to Sell Your Ideas", "The Thank You Economy", and "The Great Formula - Creating Maximum Profit with Minimum Effort."

I'm watching Howard Zinn lectures with Snoop Dogg, remix "Sweat" (Sweat (David Guetta Remix) playing in the background. !

I could totally see myself doing that!

Go Packers!

Packers fans here too (me by marriage - DH was born and raised right outside of Green Bay)!

I <3 you!

Hey Julie, did you ever read Snowball by Warren Buffett?

Loved that book, got the kid totally involved in it, took us a whole summer to get through it....that (for me) was a book I had to set down several times and just let the "stuff" gel in my head for a day or two before I picked it back up again...

One of favorite quotes from it:

"When I was a kid, I got all kinds of good things. I had the advantage of a home where people talked about interesting things, and I had intelligent parents and I went to decent schools. I don't think I could have been raised with a better pair of parents. That was enormously important. I didn't get money from my parents, and I really didn't want it. But I was born at the right time and place. I won the 'Ovarian Lottery'."Warren Buffett

I bet I am the only one who gets annoyed when things are crooked. For example, if I'm laying in bed I can't have one side of the sheet going over my shoulder and the other side going over my waist; they must both go across at the same level. Or in school, my desk HAD to be parallel with the wall. If it was angled, I had to fix it. DH seems to think it's funny to twist his socks or the kids' pants around because it absolutely must be fixed. :glare: Punk :tongue_smilie:

Nope. I have to have the covers on the bed lined-up.( the edge of the comforter must be exactly lined up with the sheet and blanket) or I CANNOT get to sleep. My hubby goes in to fix the bed before bed.:lol:

Twisted pants on the kids drive me nuts as well as, sippy cups with miss-matched lids.:tongue_smilie:

I thought I was the only one!

Not the only one--I'm thinking the ewe lamb born today will look pretty good in white paper. Two go to the butcher on Tuesday! Rule#1: don't name butcher lambs... Next year's beef is in the corrals right now.

We have a friend who raises our beef for us each year. Dh is always trying to get me to do down to the pasture to see our cow. I tell him "I don't want to meet our meat...or it will likely become a pet and not dinner!"

I am not naive about where meat comes from, but I also know my own limitations.

Psssht. You can't scare me--my old Relief Society President (and current friend) took belly-dancing lessons. (My current RSP is doing a refresher course at beauty school and is practicing bikini waxing. :blink:)

I do heirloom sewing and smocking, but I'm probably not the only one here. Maybe I'm the only LDS librarian employed at a CC who does smocking!

Nope, you're not. But you left out that if someone cuts a piece of cake, you better make sure it's straight all the way across the pan, or I'll have to fix that, and I don't need the calories! :D

Bet I'm the only one who sleeps with my laptop open next to me all night and falls asleep watching Frasier while playing Solitaire and/or bubble shooter :blush:

Well, I have my laptop open next to me all night, but I'm more likely to be here or watching something on netflix till I fall asleep. :D

am I the only one contemplating leaving everything, getting a whole new identity, fleeing the country and never returning rather than having to face my in-laws with the horrible truth that we forgot their 75th birthdays which were a week apart? I just want to :banghead: and then :leaving:

Bet I'm the only one who sleeps with my laptop open next to me all night and falls asleep watching Frasier while playing Solitaire and/or bubble shooter :blush:

What happened to Friends?! :tongue_smilie:

The only thing I can think of is I might be the only one here that has, with the help of my mom, hand-sewn sequins and little glass beads on homemade felt Christmas stockings for most of our family. (The felt isn't homemade ... we just cut and hand-sew everything. :) ) I have one more to make (my dd's for my mom's house) and hope that is the last one until I have grandkids.

What happened to Friends?! :tongue_smilie:

The only thing I can think of is I might be the only one here that has, with the help of my mom, hand-sewn sequins and little glass beads on homemade felt Christmas stockings for most of our family. (The felt isn't homemade ... we just cut and hand-sew everything. :) ) I have one more to make (my dd's for my mom's house) and hope that is the last one until I have grandkids.

It's not on instant netflix :(

am I the only one contemplating leaving everything, getting a whole new identity, fleeing the country and never returning rather than having to face my in-laws with the horrible truth that we forgot their 75th birthdays which were a week apart? I just want to :banghead: and then :leaving:

Uh oh! :grouphug: