Menu

How does your turkey appear at the table?

How does your turkey come to the table?  

1. 1. How does your turkey come to the table?

• Pretty much as it came out of the oven. Carving at the teble is an event.
    • Turkey is carved in the kitchen and slices are brough to the table on a platter
    • Some other form of presentation happens, please explain
    • We do not have turkey
    • I am a turkey
    • Other

I voted slices on a platter, but it's not quite like that. We put bacon on ours, and then the last hour, we fold back the foil and the bacon browns with the turkey skin. So when the turkey comes out of the oven, all present gather around with forks and "pick" the bacon off and eat it right then and there. LOL. Then the turkey is carved in the kitchen and appears at the table and we all act civilized. LOL.

I chose that it is sliced in the kitchen and put on a platter. Actually we do a buffet for Thanksgiving. I have a large center island in the kitchen as well as a long countertop. It is easier, considering the amount of people we have attending dinner, to do a buffet. It frees-up much needed table space, which is more comfortable for all.

Often the turkey is carved in the kitchen put on a platter and served. However, we often have a crowd in a non-US country thus our house is FULL so we leave all food in the kitchen {for the most part} and everyone lines up fills a plate and goes to sit at the table. When we lived in the US we carved it and took it to the table.

Other: it depends on the gathering. When it's just us, we can carve at the table. In the past, when we would go to the in-laws' extended family gathering, the turkies were carved in the kitchen and platters were passed. There would have to be multiple points of carving at the table for everyone to eat at relatively the same time at a huge gathering like that.

I chose that it is sliced in the kitchen and put on a platter. Actually we do a buffet for Thanksgiving. I have a large center island in the kitchen as well as a long countertop. It is easier, considering the amount of people we have attending dinner, to do a buffet. It frees-up much needed table space, which is more comfortable for all.

:iagree:

This is the way we do it too. We have dinner at my brother's house and there is not enough room for everyone at one table as it is.

This is how we do it too. And usually there are 2 turkeys and a lasagna or something. We are a large family between us and sil. There are 13 kids plus older kids spouses, grandparents and guests.....

I usually cook the whole shebang....and sil cooks the whole shebang too....then we put them together....and whoala.....Thanksgiving for a million.

Faithe

We make an announcement when the turkey is ready so that everyone can come ooohhh and aaaahhhhh.

For presentation at the table, we carve half, leaving the other half intact until after prayer. This year we'll probably just carve both turkeys and put them on platters because of the number of people we are expecting.

I used to like the idea of bringing it to the table and carving it up right there like you seen in movies. My husband doesn't like to carve. My kids think that after smelling all that goodness cook, they can dig in as soon as they sit down. So now I carve while the dressing and rolls are finishing up cooking and everyone is thankful. :-)

:lol:How does your turkey appear at the table?

How does your turkey come to the table?:smilielol5:

I picture a turkey rising like the great pumpkin from one of the chairs at the table, wearing a pilgrim hat.:tongue_smilie:

My turkey also comes to the table when called. "Here boy! Come on!"

I'm sorry, Chuckie. I couldn't resist.

Other than that, we let the turkey rest for a half hour after being cooked.

Then we slice the breast in the kitchen. Rip and tear dark meat and have two platters with both meats, one at either end of table.;)