Menu

Just to Create a Bit of Suspense...

I think my water broke.

I'm not sure as my bladder has been supremely unreliable the past couple of months but I've had a feeling the last day or so that the end was near and this event was a bit more then just a persnickety bladder.

I'll be giving the OB office a call tomorrow and seeing where they want me to waddle off to for the testing. I'll post back tomorrow with the answer.

My fingers are crossed because if this is it then that means I'll be up on my feet in time for Coleen in NS's next WTM get-together! Well, and then there's the whole baby thing I guess...:lol:

Have you been having any contractions?

With the new baby, I had contractions on and off (like every hour or so) for a few days, then went to sleep for a few hours the night before he was born, and woke up a few hours later with strong contractions coming every few minutes. (And then my labor completely stalled out when I got to the hospital, but some walking around and bouncing on a birth ball got things going again.)

In any case, I hope it's labor and not that you just peed yourself. ;)

Have you been having any contractions?

With the new baby, I had contractions on and off (like every hour or so) for a few days, then went to sleep for a few hours the night before he was born, and woke up a few hours later with strong contractions coming every few minutes. (And then my labor completely stalled out when I got to the hospital, but some walking around and bouncing on a birth ball got things going again.)

In any case, I hope it's labor and not that you just peed yourself. ;)

No but I didn't for my first either. My water broke and I was later induced.

Ok, do you happen to have a panty liner or pad in the house? Not a normal item for a pregnant woman I know but maybe you are prepared for after the fact. Anyhow, put that on and monitor. Pee wil have some color unless you have been drinking galloons of water. If it was your water there should be no color. I am sure you know the drill if you get any other colors. And don't trust the darn doctors. Sometimes I swear they don't know what the heck they are doing.

My dd's water broke. She woke up because the bed was wet and when she stood up she dropped two cups of water. When she went in they checked her and said no the water hadn't broken. Then a few hours later, she stood up again and lost a couple more cups and they were like, "Oh, now your water has broken. That is what it is like!' It seems that the baby had just dropped into place to plug the hole and then moved again later. We didn't argue with them because it gave her a few more hours time which she needed because she didn't go into labor right away.

Anyhow, good luck and let us know right away.

Oh sorry, I sounded too bossy! Didn't mean to - I just got excited for you! Just thinking you'll probably need as much sleep as you can. And I kind of hope you don't have to go out in all this flooding for a few hours....

:lol: Don't worry. You perfectly echoed my own thoughts at the time. :D I'm up now, it's 2 am so I expect I'll go back to sleep soon but meanwhile I couldn't get back to sleep. Part excited part dreading that this is a false alarm.

Ok, do you happen to have a panty liner or pad in the house? Not a normal item for a pregnant woman I know but maybe you are prepared for after the fact. Anyhow, put that on and monitor. Pee wil have some color unless you have been drinking galloons of water. If it was your water there should be no color. I am sure you know the drill if you get any other colors. And don't trust the darn doctors. Sometimes I swear they don't know what the heck they are doing.

Already had one on - the persnickety bladder thing. Inconclusive.

I did do a bit of googling and some testing with a litmus paper and that result seemed promising. Classic DIY homeschooling mom approach. :D

:lol: Don't worry. You perfectly echoed my own thoughts at the time. :D I'm up now, it's 2 am so I expect I'll go back to sleep soon but meanwhile I couldn't get back to sleep. Part excited part dreading that this is a false alarm.

Of course you are excited! I do hope you get some sleep though.

:grouphug: I went two weeks overdue with both babies - I hate those false alarms!

Thanks all!

It wasn't a waste. I got a bit of a dry run into what giving birth at this hospital will be like (I'm going to Truro Colleen). It's an older general hospital, due to be replaced next year rather then the sparkly maternity hospital I went to for the other two. The nurses were wonderful, the food was good (I got to order lunch :D) and everything seemed pretty relaxed and efficient.

Thanks all!

It wasn't a waste. I got a bit of a dry run into what giving birth at this hospital will be like (I'm going to Truro Colleen). It's an older general hospital, due to be replaced next year rather then the sparkly maternity hospital I went to for the other two. The nurses were wonderful, the food was good (I got to order lunch :D) and everything seemed pretty relaxed and efficient.

You are a better woman than I am to keep a positive attitude about this! I spent the week before the new baby was born complaining about how I was was still pregnant, and he was born a week before his due date. Thank goodness he wasn't overdue, I think everybody around me would have disowned me.

I bet your baby comes this weekend, but I'm impatient that way. :P