Menu

When is the last time you left your home state/province?

When is the last time you traveled outside your home state/province?  

1. 1. When is the last time you traveled outside your home state/province?

• Yesterday or today
    • Within the last week (but not yesterday or today)
    • 1 - 2 weeks ago
    • 2 - 4 weeks ago
    • 1 - 2 months ago
    • 2 - 3 months ago
    • 3 - 6 months ago
    • 6 - 12 months ago
    • Over one year
    • Never

Back in March DH had a trade show in Vegas and I went with him. Stayed in the Hilton for 3 days without kids and watched tv and ate icecream all day while the hotel housekeeper vacuumed and cleaned the bathroom. It was truly heaven. Other than that, I haven't left California in 4 years. Although this state is so huge that it really counts as, like 5 states.

We don't have states, so I'm not sure how to answer. I live very close to the border of another county, so I can go back and forth between counties several times in a day. The last time I was in London (about 4 hours away) was in July. The last time I left England was February.

Almost 3 years ago, when we went to Washington, D.C. for the Inauguration.

When I was a kid, my mother went through a period where she didn't leave NC for about 5 years. But she traveled extensively. It's a big state with lots of possible places to see and I think my mother saw them all.

This more or less describes us. Florida is also a big state with so many things to see and do (much more than theme parks, which we rarely go to). We travel around Florida several times a year.

I live in NJ. It's an unwritten requirement that we leave the state at least 1x per year for FL. So anyone from NJ who hasn't been out in a year is really flaunting tradition. :tongue_smilie:

I was born in NJ and we lived there until I was 13. Our entire extended family took an annual trip to Florida. :D We also traveled to nearby states fairly often.

We last left TX to go see my grandparents in Missouri about .... a year ago. Wow! I was thinking it was shorter than that, but it's not! We usually travel out of state a couple of times per year, but with my pregnancy and DH's work schedule we just didn't. We traveled a lot around Texas, though!

Next year, we are planning on traveling a bit more, thankfully. Indiana in the Spring (I hope!) and an extended family road trip to Yellowstone & surrounding areas next fall.

We live really close to the WA border, so it's not that uncommon to end up in WA for something.

This past March-May we did a cross country, 8600 mile, RV trip. We definitely left the state. :)

Now, out of the country? My dd went to Peru this summer, but it's been 18 years or so since I've either been to Canada or Mexico.

I said within the last week. We leave our State several times a week but we live 5-10 minutes from the State line and a lot of our activities are up on Wisconsin. I think it will depend on where you live and how big your state is.....

Oh I wish I could change my answer. We're leaving the state in just 2 hours! I guess that will count for today. ;-)

Edited by Elisabeth in IL

No plans to leave until February when we go to Hawaii.

I wish I could come with you!!! I love Hawaii in Feb, but lately the majority of our out of state trips have been to visit colleges and family.

Youngest wants to go to college in HI. In two years, maybe we'll have an excuse... :tongue_smilie:

Youngest wants to go to college in HI. In two years, maybe we'll have an excuse... :tongue_smilie:

Encourage that thinking. Whenever my children ask about college, I use the University of the Virgin Islands' website to explain things. Subliminal messaging, and all that! ;)

Encourage that thinking. Whenever my children ask about college, I use the University of the Virgin Islands' website to explain things. Subliminal messaging, and all that! ;)

:lol: Hubby's been known to show Caribbean Med Schools to middle son when they were searching to see what's required. I "think" he did it later, after searching for state-side schools, but now that you mention it... ;)