Menu

I just saw a commercial... This has to fall under Night Elf's request for new topics

Reminds me of the ChocoLite bar from the 1970s:

http://www.inthe70s.com/food/chocolitecandybar0.shtml

I think I must have had an Aero when I visited Ireland - I remember thinking wow this is like the old ChocoLites and I can't get this at home....

I like the bubbles because of how quickly the chocolate seems to melt in my mouth !

I'm not a fan of Aero, but I certainly wouldn't mind a US version of Coffee Crisp. Canadian cashiers always laugh at me when I buy six bottles of Radox bubble bath and piles of Coffee Crisp and Mac toffee.

There are no Coffee Crisps?! You poor deprived things.

Ds11 said the same thing! I felt so proud that he recognized the marketing scheme for its foolishness that it is.

It depends on how you look at it. My experience with these is that the texture of the chocolate is very much changed. I would be happy to pay more per oz of chocolate to experience that light melty texture. When I buy one (and I will !), I won't feel tricked. :D

There are no Coffee Crisps?! You poor deprived things.

No 'real' Smarties either. They call 'rockets' smarties. :glare:

yes, those of us who can see Canada from our hockey rinks can. :lol:

I love aero bars.

I think Canada should be visible from every hockey rink. A poster, at the very least :tongue_smilie:

It depends on how you look at it. My experience with these is that the texture of the chocolate is very much changed. I would be happy to pay more per oz of chocolate to experience that light melty texture. When I buy one (and I will !), I won't feel tricked. :D

I agree.

Texture makes it a different candy.

Two other candies I can think of that are made by changing the texture of sugar are sponge candy and cotton candy. Sure, I could just pour sugar in my mouth but it wouldn't be the same as cotton candy or sponge candy! :lol:

My dd loves the new Air Delight bar and the air delight kisses and I have to agree. The bubbles give it a wonderful mouth feel. Of course, Choco-lite was one of my favorites back in the 70s too.

If you'll feel ripped off, skip it. If you don't mind paying a bit more for a treat, give it a try! They're delish!