Menu

OK....wait a minute! Everyone stop what you are doing and explain to me....

Hold the phone....as my dad would say. What in the world???? OK.....so, Anna Marie with the 17 kids is a big fake?? I'm confused and not sure what's going on. :willy_nilly:

Sounds like she was a kid posting?

Hmmm....I thought it was a bit fishey that she had 17 kids.

I really hate lies.

Not.cool. :thumbdown:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How was she discovered to be fake?

Several folks had started to be suspicious. 11,000 sf house that didn't have an online listing and other wild, unbelievable things in her story.

I called her out on page 2 of the Ugh thread and the rest took on a life of its own. :D

Yes...same poster (or at least they post the same names of children, state location, etc.).

Except that Anna Marie has 17 kids and the others have 7. Where did the other 10 go or come from? That's a rhetorical questions because probably no one knows...not even her.

Sheesh...this is just weird to me (and disappointing).

Except that Anna Marie has 17 kids and the others have 7. Where did the other 10 go or come from? That's a rhetorical questions because probably no one knows...not even her.

Sheesh...this is just weird to me (and disappointing).

But if you read about one of them...not sure but one of the other posters with a similar "mo", she claimed to have her own brood of children and then several more that she adopted when some sibling died.

I guess she figured what better way to get instant attention than to jump out with something astonishing like 17 children?

That's what I think this is ... someone in need of attention. :001_huh:

But if you read about one of them...not sure but one of the other posters with a similar "mo", she claimed to have her own brood of children and then several more that she adopted when some sibling died.

I guess she figured what better way to get instant attention than to jump out with something astonishing like 17 children?

Oh, I see. Someone in need of attention. Well, she certainly got that.

ETA: But, when she first posted as Anna Marie and that she had 17 children, the end of her siggy said something like "yes, they are all mine" or something like that....making it sound like she gave birth to all 17, not adopted.

Edited by ~AprilMay~

OH! Yes, I remember that post about adopting 7 more and her mother living with her or something?

So, same person?????

This is the one who posted about the sharing of rooms and such right? And how the older daughter needed her own room so she needed help figuring out who should share with whom?

I am such a sucker....I posted to help in that thread!

All the same person.....:glare:

Dawn

Wow!! This is really wierd! I went to her page and looked at the threads that she has started and they all seem so legit. Normal homeschool mom/mom questions. How did she seem so normal?? I jsut cant see someone going through this much trouble to be a troll???? I must be easily fooled, although I did not read all of her posts, I did believe the ones that I read.:glare:

Guest Dulcimeramy
I just don't understand why anyone would want to create other people to " be" online..weird

:001_huh: I'm surprised to hear you say that!

Why was AM banned? You get banned for being a troll??

From the Board Rules:

Don't Create Duplicate Accounts

As stated in the Admin thread, don't create more than 1 account. You will be banned.

That said, yes, over the past 10 years or so the mods have deleted and banned known trolls.

How do the Mods go about figuring how who is a troll and who is just a mom w/ problems?

I mean, aren't the Mods ever afraid of banning a regular/everyday person?

I'm actually relieved to find out that the mom of 17 was a troll. When I read that she had all those kids, I had an immediate gut reaction of . . . well, I won't say. It wasn't polite.

Everyone was saying "welcome" etc. and I felt like such a bad person.

I'm still curious how she was discovered.

Alley

How do the Mods go about figuring how who is a troll and who is just a mom w/ problems?

I'm actually relieved to find out that the mom of 17 was a troll. When I read that she had all those kids, I had an immediate gut reaction of . . . well, I won't say. It wasn't polite.

Alley

They have access to IP addresses. I wonder if Lauren R/Mom in Michigan/ Momof7inTX's banning means she really was the alter ego of that other group of personalities.

Edited by Barb F. PA in AZ

Oh good!!!! I've always wanted that kind of response to one of my posts! Mission accomplished.

And....what's up with the guy picture by your name??

Hmmmmm......something weird is up with Nakia. :glare: :sneaky2:

I don't know about you anymore.....you could have multiple personalities too. We all better keep our eye on you.....

I'm inclined to believe she's not some bored kid, but a mom who either currently home schools, or used to, and has waaaay too much time on her hands.

The stuff she posted was more than a 13 year old could possibly know, and though her story was far from legit, it had a smattering of things that *could* have been true if they were taken one by one.

I remember on another board several years ago there was this woman who was targeting a couple of other women and every time they posted, she would jump into the thread and say something derogatory about them. It was like they knew each other from somewhere, or perhaps just on-line. Anyway, one of the "victims" found out her IP address and called her on it, threatening to go to the police with the info (harassment), yada yada yada. So the "perp" backs down, claims she's a 13 year old who was just messing

around.

Most likely AM is having a good laugh at the excitement she caused around here. There was some hilarious stuff in that thread, so for that, I'm appreciative. :tongue_smilie:

Only damage done is for those people who took time to respond with sincerity to what they thought were legitimate questions/problems. I suppose it comes with the on-line territory.

And....what's up with the guy picture by your name??

Hmmmmm......something weird is up with Nakia. :glare: :sneaky2:

I don't know about you anymore.....you could have multiple personalities too. We all better keep our eye on you.....

She's just in lust with a viking vampire. Nothing unusual there.:D

Alley

Many, many of us suspected and were PM'ing each other.

The biggest clues were the names of the kids and the fact that her DD was done with high school at 16 (with 29 credits! with all the science! and the APs!) and yet she had no idea what the next step in this girl's education should be.

After that, I looked at what she wrote with a jaded eye.

But the big b@lls award goes to hsmamainva who was the first to say publically she sounded like a troll.

I'm inclined to believe she's not some bored kid, but a mom who either currently home schools, or used to, and has waaaay too much time on her hands.

The stuff she posted was more than a 13 year old could possibly know, and though her story was far from legit, it had a smattering of things that *could* have been true if they were taken one by one.

I remember on another board several years ago there was this woman who was targeting a couple of other women and every time they posted, she would jump into the thread and say something derogatory about them. It was like they knew each other from somewhere, or perhaps just on-line. Anyway, one of the "victims" found out her IP address and called her on it, threatening to go to the police with the info (harassment), yada yada yada. So the "perp" backs down, claims she's a 13 year old who was just messing

around.

Most likely AM is having a good laugh at the excitement she caused around here. There was some hilarious stuff in that thread, so for that, I'm appreciative. :tongue_smilie:

Only damage done is for those people who took time to respond with sincerity to what they thought were legitimate questions/problems. I suppose it comes with the on-line territory.

Why is it always 13 yo kids that people claim to be? There something about that age I don't know about?

Before everyone gets to picking the best rock to throw, you might want to read this thread - http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299664

Jokes about mental health issues are not funny. Not to those of us with them.

Lisa has been around for a while. She has a *genuine* disorder and she has NEVER behaved like the situation being discussed. Totally different.

okay . . but your sig says "wife of Patrick,". are you saying you're going to be a bigamist?

Oh dang, you noticed that. Well, here's what my new sig is going to say:

Nakia Skarsgard

wife of Alexander

mother to Alexander Jr., Johann, Leif, Viktoria, Simon, Ingrid & Astrid (twins), Georg, Sofia, Johan & Carina so far

lover of vintage vampires

Yes, they're all mine!

Why is it always 13 yo kids that people claim to be? There something about that age I don't know about?

while I've known quite nice 13yo's, I've know some who were little trouble makers for the fun of it.

I recall one crank call I had from a girl asking to "talk to my son". I probably should have given him the phone - he was two at the time. as a tween I knew a girl who'd made crank calls like that, and so I simply asked her if she was 14. really burst her bubble. :nopity:In retrospect, I should have asked her if she was 12.

Oh dang, you noticed that. Well, here's what my new sig is going to say:

Nakia Skarsgard

wife of Alexander

mother to Alexander Jr., Johann, Leif, Viktoria, Simon, Ingrid & Astrid (twins), Georg, Sofia, Johan & Carina so far

lover of vintage vampires

Yes, they're all mine!

Does Patrick know??

:001_smile:

Does anyone else get weirded out by this kind of thing? I've been on other public message boards in the past, and this happens a lot. Everytme, I consider leaving Internet forums because it makes me feel unsafe. I've probably watched one too many Oprahs. :lol:

Nah, I don't get weirded out. I prefer to live in my fantasy world where nothing bad happens. And I own a big dog and a big gun. ;)