Menu

Maybe 10 is the limit?

Must admit, I only know two people with more kids than me who make time to be on the net socially.

:D

I think the "make time" is the key. I probably should be doing something else like cleaning or cooking or laundry or getting school stuff prepared...:)

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love these names. When you get pregnant with all eight of them at once be sure to have lots of post's for us to respond to! :lol:

BTW - my Margaret is also Meg. Also known as princess Meg.

I believe you are correct.

I gotta say -- I'm relieved to see this conversation.

But your Margaret is Margaret, not Margret ("but it's spelled like it sounds!")

Yeah...Like Niagra Falls.

Yeah? Well, I just married a pediatric neurosurgeon/cardiologist and we're adopting one child from each African country and are moving into this.

Take THAT. :lol:

Well...I don't like to brag but my fetuses are beauty queens. We have been doing the fetus-pagent circuit for a few months now and they have just taken the industry by storm.

That reminds me that we do need a vacation home. Time for some shopping!

I simply want to know what kind of doctor I should have married because we couldn't have 17 kids on a hospitalist's salary. :lol:

Or maybe we could but they'd have to eat dog food. Maybe Spam for Thanksgiving...

I was thinking how lucky they must have been to get the med school loans paid off before the olders started college.:lol:

Ok, maybe I am really dumb or missing something...but what kind of person or WHY would someone do this? Super-duper bored? Missing a few screws? A motive - if so, what? A young teen with a great imagination/fantasy?

My biggest question - do you think this is really a homeschooler at all? Maybe one with just 2 kids, ages 5 and 8 or something? Or someone with grown kids who wishes she could do it all over again in a different way, so she builds her own fantasy family or what? I'm very confused about just WHO does this and why. How do people have so much time?!

Seriously, I am so confused by this. From the very beginning, I thought something was pretty weird...maybe just a little too out of a story or something. But fake-o never occurred to me. I just thought of things like, why is she listing the names of her son's kids, and did she ok that with him?! And - she seems kind of braggy on her family size. And - where has she been all these years? Another board, what? She never mentioned that.

It's summer vacation. Seems to me a teen was bored and wanted to live out her grown up fantasy. I don't know, though.

Well...I don't like to brag but my fetuses are beauty queens. We have been doing the fetus-pagent circuit for a few months now and they have just taken the industry by storm.

My 53 adopted children from Africa (including the surrounding African island nations) will all band together to bring about world peace, the end to hunger and a pretty darned awesome family symphony orchestra.

I have vacation homes in Italy, Alaska, Spain, Ireland, and Sweden. Who cares about fetus beauty patents?!

I think the "make time" is the key. I probably should be doing something else like cleaning or cooking or laundry or getting school stuff prepared...:)

Well yeah.. That's probably the case regardless of number of kids though.

Hmmm.. I wonder if you have a smart phone or iPad? Now that I think of it, very few megamoms I know of on the net have these devices. And I have to admit, that is the real "key" to my Internet time. If I was tied to a desktop computer in the school room to use the Internet? I bet I'd be lucky to get on the Internet for more than a few minutes a couple days a week.

That made me LOL!!! You know TLC would pick that up for a show in a heartbeat. :rofl:

Ah yes. Our homegrown whackadoos. I believe in the UP they are called, "whackadoodles, eh?" :D

WELL so you know we have had over 6 Michigan whackadoole families in the last 2 years move into our small town in Wyoming. I can honestly say they are some of the craziest whackadoodles I have ever met. LOL

I am really liking that whackadooles word.

I know there is plenty of time when I *should* be doing something other than being here.;) I only have 7, though, so I don't count.:lol:

My 53 adopted children from Africa (including the surrounding African island nations) will all band together to bring about world peace, the end to hunger and a pretty darned awesome family symphony orchestra.

I adopted two children from each African country. My children will bring an end to all diseases, especially HIV/AIDS. Oh wait, according to Peter Duesburg (sp?) HIV isn't linked to AIDS.:glare: so I guess they'll just cure AIDS?

This was the post the made me hope like hell she was fake because I truly wondered how you could keep that many kids safe near a lake. The part about the younger-ish one's in & out of the lake all day made my blood run cold. I was thinking who is watching them all?

I have a list of all the Chores that need to be done, and everyday the kid's 6-13 have a contest of who can get the most done, the winner get's a prize (a variety of stuff!) The younger 3 have to clean the Play room, the know how to put a toy in bins! The older one's have assigned Chores. Laundry is our biggest issue, sometime's the kid's don't even get dressed and stay in their pj's and say "I'm saving some laundry " During the summer they're basically always in their bathing suit's at least the younger-ish one's because they're in & out of the lake all day.

Well, I've got news for you all. I'm marrying Alexander Skarsgard in October, and I'm going to have his little blond Swedish babies. One per year. And I'm going to have a maid, a nanny, and a chef. And I'm going to have houses in L.A., Sweden, Italy, Costa Rica, and Australia.

Aren't you all jealous now? I know Firefly is! ;)

BTW, that's my love in my avatar. *swoon*

Hey now you only get one dh at a time!

Well yeah.. That's probably the case regardless of number of kids though.

Hmmm.. I wonder if you have a smart phone or iPad? Now that I think of it, very few megamoms I know of on the net have these devices. And I have to admit, that is the real "key" to my Internet time. If I was tied to a desktop computer in the school room to use the Internet? I bet I'd be lucky to get on the Internet for more than a few minutes a couple days a week.

I can get online with my phone but the main way I get online is laptop. I keep pestering DH for an ipad though!

I think we all need to get together IRL and watch the movie Catfish. :lurk5:

Ha! I had to look it up. "A tale of twisted cyber romance."

A 2010 American documentary involving a man being filmed by his brother and friend as he builds a romantic relationship with a girl on FB.

This was the post the made me hope like hell she was fake because I truly wondered how you could keep that many kids safe near a lake. The part about the younger-ish one's in & out of the lake all day made my blood run cold. I was thinking who is watching them all?

I have a list of all the Chores that need to be done, and everyday the kid's 6-13 have a contest of who can get the most done, the winner get's a prize (a variety of stuff!) The younger 3 have to clean the Play room, the know how to put a toy in bins! The older one's have assigned Chores. Laundry is our biggest issue, sometime's the kid's don't even get dressed and stay in their pj's and say "I'm saving some laundry " During the summer they're basically always in their bathing suit's at least the younger-ish one's because they're in & out of the lake all day.

That would be scary. :001_huh: I would get nothing done in the summer if that were the case. But, then again I am the slightly more paranoid type :tongue_smilie:.

Your welcome.

Now I'm wondering if I should do one for our fantasy/imaginary houses.

My very first thought when reading the bedroom arrangement thread was, "No one with 10 kids, much less that many more, would willingly want to clean that much house."

Of course then I figured if one is going to have an imaginary house and kids situation, of course they have Downton Abbey staff on hand too!

I adopted two children from each African country. My children will bring an end to all diseases, especially HIV/AIDS. Oh wait, according to Peter Duesburg (sp?) HIV isn't linked to AIDS.:glare: so I guess they'll just cure AIDS?

Well, I didn't want to look too altruistic, but once we get the African children settled, we were planning to adopt all the children in Asian orphanages. We're still working on the details about housing. We're considering buying an island.

I had the same exact thought. YIKES to the free play in the lake.

Plus (and this is probably stereotypical of me) I thought, "Wow, a family with 17 kids that's cool with bathing suits all day (or at all)? How unusual."

And, BTW, I'd like to keep the same dh and kids for my fantasy life, please, but add about a dozen helpers... cleaning lady, cook, nanny, tutor, gardener, laundress, etc. Thank you.

Well, I've got news for you all. I'm marrying Alexander Skarsgard in October, and I'm going to have his little blond Swedish babies. One per year. And I'm going to have a maid, a nanny, and a chef. And I'm going to have houses in L.A., Sweden, Italy, Costa Rica, and Australia.

Aren't you all jealous now? I know Firefly is! ;)

BTW, that's my love in my avatar. *swoon*

Aw, c'mon now, I thought we were gonna share?? :confused:

:lol:

Well, I didn't want to look too altruistic, but once we get the African children settled, we were planning to adopt all the children in Asian orphanages. We're still working on the details about housing. We're considering buying an island.

:svengo: That is beautiful. Yes, well, I'm adopting all of the children in the orphanages of Russian (the European side). And I'm thinking I will buy an island too. A very large island. Do you think Antarctica is too cold?

I don't know why any of you would want those dinky little things when you could have one of these. Of course my husband and I are in negotiations for this particular one, but if you want to be on the uppity up, you'll get one for yourself. Villas are sooo last year.

And of course we'll bring our staff with us. I wouldn't even know how to wash a dish!

Oh, my gosh, I'm so glad you said this. I thought I was the only totally paranoid one who's first thought was, "WHAT!!??" Living so close to a lake that my young children could be "in and out of it" all day would be enough to send me to the looney bin.:glare:

You're right of course. I need at least that much and then a few acres for my fourteen ponies, dogs, chinchillas and my guard hippopotamus

Exactly. The houses you listed above could be put to good use, though. Your servants can live in one/both of them! You'll need plenty of help if you're living in a castle.

I had the same exact thought. YIKES to the free play in the lake.

Plus (and this is probably stereotypical of me) I thought, "Wow, a family with 17 kids that's cool with bathing suits all day (or at all)? How unusual."

And, BTW, I'd like to keep the same dh and kids for my fantasy life, please, but add about a dozen helpers... cleaning lady, cook, nanny, tutor, gardener, laundress, etc. Thank you.

I grew up spending every single weekend and break either in the lake or at the beach. I would totally do that. I have a healthy respect for water, but I don't live in fear of it.

In fact, it's been 110-114 here every day this week.

If we lived on the lake, *I* would be in a bikini 24/7 instead of getting us back to school work this week. (Might as well. Too hot to do much of anything other than think in the air conditioning.)

all the real-live moms that I know who have more than, say, seven or eight children (and I do know quite a few of them), they have very little time to post on the internet.

I'm on WAY too much and have seven. We actually put in for three more (ages 12, 10, and 7...please say yes!).

I have wondered if that makes us seem troll-ish. LOL. Of course, y'all've known us (and my weird writing including words with two apostrophes!) for years.

And figuring names is HARD. We are at a crossroads with some of the ones we have right now. We'll probably find out shortly if they get to stay forever or not.

Because of circumstances, we'll be changing their names. Coming up with names for kids is HARD! Really hard.

Lets see, if we were to pretend to be the Duggars:

Kimberly Michelle (because that is her name)

Johnathan Wayne (I tried to keep his old first name as his middle name, but he wouldn't have it so now is "the duke")

Victoria Evelyn

Jeremiah ______

Jackson ______

Caleb Alexander (or Anthony?)

Elijah ______

Josiah ______

Seth ______

Daniel ______

Katherine _____

Hannah Gabrielle

Rebekah _____

Jadyn _____

Morgan Freeman <smile>

Well, I guess we're only have 15. Well, and I think the 12, 10, and 7 yr olds would be keeping at least the names they are called. So maybe those are our 16, 17, and 18th names :)

ETA: Hey, but there are a few more names. I could have more! I could have a Nathaniel. Hubby says no to Jonah, Noah, Mateo and Evan. But my daughter, if she ever has kids, is planning on Noah for a little girl's name (btw, there is a girl with that name in the scriptures).

Edited by 2J5M9K