Menu

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I would say 10 bedrooms is quite unusual. Certainly not impossible, but then again I have not seen many 11,000 sq ft houses! :lol:

Could you imagine cleaning such a monstrosity! That's like 6 'normal houses' in one :001_huh:. Of course if you can buy a multimillion dollar house, then you would probably hire someone (or a few someones :tongue_smilie:) to clean it for you. Oh, wait, I forget, that is where the 17 kids come in, right? :lol:

Well, we DID own a 9 bedroom, 5 bathroom house and it was 5800 sq ft. I can't imagine what could demand so much square footage that it would be double the size of our last house!

It must be a NJ thing! :lol:

I was born and raised in NJ.:D

Hmm. Though I've lived in Florida since I was a teen, I'm originally from NJ. My parents did it with my brother and me. Also, though dh is the one with two bio children, I can't recall him ever calling one by the other's name. You could be on to something. :D

What I find interesting is that she spelled the word took as "toke." Just like Mom In Michigan, Diana R, and Katherine A. Who have all been banned.

And most of the above users were going to be moving and at least two lived in Michigan.

What I find interesting is that she spelled the word took as "toke." Just like Mom In Michigan, Diana R, and Katherine A. Who have all been banned.

Hmmm. Oh, for the days when we could check IP addresses on these boards....

It must be a NJ thing! :lol:

I was born and raised in NJ.:D

Well, the only place I have ever been in NJ is on the turnpike, and I do it, too. Well, we don't have a dog, but I have used the fish's name before... I did grow up in Maryland, so maybe it is a mid-Atlantic thing.

And, if you are really bored like me, you can search for their posts. All 3 posters had lots of kids, with lots of unusual names and unusual birth dates, and were moving to big houses (7 bedrooms and the like).

Does seem to be a theme, doesn't it?

And, if you are really bored like me, you can search for their posts. All 3 posters had lots of kids, with lots of unusual names and unusual birth dates, and were moving to big houses (7 bedrooms and the like).

Hmmm, funny how Katherine A. misspelled her kid's name (Even instead of Evan)... because isn't Sadie spelled with one "d"?

Glad I'm not the only one!

The list of kids' names/nicknames just dinged "off" to me.

Yes, this. Like a 13 year old would write them. :glare: Which is why I never responded. The 10 bedroom house was just the icing on the cake...or lake. :D

What the heck?? Why are all the whackadoos moving to Michigan??? There are ZERO jobs here. Stay where you are, whackadoos! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

And I'd like to point out that our state seems to have more than it's fair share of whackadoos. So, please, it's time that Wyoming or Arkansas, or Vermont or SOMEWHERE absorb a few and let us off the hook! :biggrinjester:

Faith

And I'd like to point out that our state seems to have more than it's fair share of whackadoos. So, please, it's time that Wyoming or Arkansas, or Vermont or SOMEWHERE absorb a few and let us off the hook! :biggrinjester:

Faith

Arkansas has enough, thank you very much.

Edited by Quiver0f10

Faith

Vermont has plenty.

And anyway, this is the wrong flavor of whackadoo for Vermont.

I just went looking for the names... one was Katherine A. She had twins and triplets. Her kids also had interesting birthdays (one was born on 1/1/00).

I remember her. I'm so naive. I thought she was real. I was so geeked over her b-days and struck up a conversation about it because we have a July 4 too and a couple other minor holidays. I even friended her. Then she was banned. :tongue_smilie:

I have S.U.C.K.E.R. written all over me. :lol:

I was thinking exaggeration/bragging more than troll but the house thing did get to me. I live in an area with some HUGE houses - lakefront, 4,000/5,000 square feet although usually only 4 or 5 bedrooms. They sell for over a million dollars usually. Now, I know I'm in a high COL area but still - if the bedroom she described was the smallest, she was talking about 2,000 square feet in just bedrooms. Either they are extremely wealthy (do jobs pay that much in Michigan???) or.... I asked about the square footage and she quoted part of my question but never answered that.

And I agree, home listings are pretty much always online nowadays. Especially very expensive, lakefront homes where you want to attract buyers from outside the area. Not the kind of home someone's going to buy based on driving by and seeing the sign.

I only have 3 kids and I do this all the time. Including using the dog's name.

11 bedroom near Hubbard Lake

All the others I saw were only 5-6 bedroom. None were bigger than 5-6000 square feet. I wouldn't want an 11,000 square foot house - my grandparents had a 7000 square foot house with 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths and it was a bear to keep clean.:001_huh:

I was kinda hoping she was "real".

I thought of the lists that my friends and I used to make up when we were bored in high school -- endless lists of our 'future' childrens' names (hope I didn't kill a kitten.)

You couldn't possibly kill a kitten. They all died with the OP's first ten million posts.

Maybe I am real naive...but what if she's not a troll and this thread will hurt her feelings?

Yeah, I wondered August 1st (the first day "she" was here). But I never call it when I feel it mostly because I'd hate to be wrong one day.

I was *positive* someone was going to say something when she posted the room size for the 2nd smallest bedroom though.

BTW, one reason I am more unlikely to call it is because it DOES hurt when someone calls it and it isn't true. On the old board, May 29, 2006. Thankfully, someone who knew me IRL stood up for me. Funny, a little over a year ago, I got the chance to stand up for her also!

Edited by 2J5M9K

:lol::lol::lol:

Just thinking of all those dead kitten's! :tongue_smilie:

I very seriously almost PM'd Mrs. Mungo when I read her first post. I was thinking, "Holy Crow! I have never seen somebody make such a relentless punctuation mistake! How is that even possible if she's homeschooled all those kids?!"

But I'm kind of sad. I like gigantic families. :tongue_smilie:

11 bedroom near Hubbard Lake

All the others I saw were only 5-6 bedroom. None were bigger than 5-6000 square feet. I wouldn't want an 11,000 square foot house - my grandparents had a 7000 square foot house with 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths and it was a bear to keep clean.:001_huh:

I was kinda hoping she was "real".

This one is "only" 4,000 square feet but what a great price! $450,000 - that would probably get you 1,500 square feet around here.

::sigh:: I have serious house envy. We are currently 5 people living in 750 square feet - no closets, no garage, no basement. We're planning to rebuild to 1,800 square feet with full, walk-out basement and we're in the middle of dealing with banks and appraisers and a big mess. :glare:

And they all killed numerous kittens.

And can I just say, I dearly love making up names for imaginary kids and if I wasn't already a part of this community, it might be tempting to do this for fun. :tongue_smilie: A couple of times, after watching the Duggars, I have said, "If I had 19 kids, what would I name them?" And after I get past the children I have already named, I've worked out the following:

Evelyn May (after my late grandma);

Julia Faith and Georgia Carol (twins, naturally);

Margaret, which was always going to be Maggie, until MamaDuck had her little Meg and I realized how adorable that is;

Drew Garrison (doesn't that sound cool?);

Rowan James (or maybe Ronan, that's good too);

Johanna Lily

Silas Knight

That's all I've got so far. Just 12, dang it.

Faith

Ah yes. Our homegrown whackadoos. I believe in the UP they are called, "whackadoodles, eh?" :D

This one is "only" 4,000 square feet but what a great price! $450,000 - that would probably get you 1,500 square feet around here.

::sigh:: I have serious house envy. We are currently 5 people living in 750 square feet - no closets, no garage, no basement. We're planning to rebuild to 1,800 square feet with full, walk-out basement and we're in the middle of dealing with banks and appraisers and a big mess. :glare:

We're 8 people in 1200, but I really like our house. I just don't like how high the rent is. We'll probably stay here, though, as it would take something $200+ a month cheaper to make up for the costs of moving. Someday we'll buy a house again.

The apostrophe error is a pretty common one that I'm pretty sure I do all the time :blushing: but I don't think that's a common misspelling of took. Kind of stands out.

:iagree:

And, all the real-live moms that I know who have more than, say, seven or eight children (and I do know quite a few of them), they have very little time to post on the internet. My first thought of suspicion centered on, "If she has that many children, how does she find so much time to be on an internet forum? I have a tough enough time with only six!"

Me too.

I believe you! Don't think only children are immune to being called by the wrong name. I've been known to call ds by the dog's name and vice versa. In my defense, their names start with the same letter. :lol::lol:

Ha, I have this same problem.

So, y'all think the OP is a troll? I've been oblivious.

Relieved to hear that I am not only one who has called a child one of the dog's names.

:lol: We named the cocker spaniel Lewis. It was a faux pax on our part. With three boys in the house and someone always up to something, including that dog, it never fails but we either call one of the boys Lewis, or attempt to call the dog by someone else's name. Either way, confusion reigns and especially on Mondays! :D

We should have named the dog Theophilus or Dionysius, anything outlandish by English standards, so that we were less likely to insult the children.

Faith

:iagree:

And, all the real-live moms that I know who have more than, say, seven or eight children (and I do know quite a few of them), they have very little time to post on the internet. My first thought of suspicion centered on, "If she has that many children, how does she find so much time to be on an internet forum? I have a tough enough time with only six!"

Well I am on the boards 24/7, but then again I only have 10. :D

And can I just say, I dearly love making up names for imaginary kids and if I wasn't already a part of this community, it might be tempting to do this for fun. :tongue_smilie: A couple of times, after watching the Duggars, I have said, "If I had 19 kids, what would I name them?" And after I get past the children I have already named, I've worked out the following:

Margaret, which was always going to be Maggie, until MamaDuck had her little Meg and I realized how adorable that is;

Johanna Lily

Silas Knight

This made my day! :lol:

Johanna Lily

Silas Knight

Love these names. When you get pregnant with all eight of them at once be sure to have lots of post's for us to respond to! :lol:

BTW - my Margaret is also Meg. Also known as princess Meg.

Ah yes. Our homegrown whackadoos. I believe in the UP they are called, "whackadoodles, eh?" :D

I believe you are correct.

I gotta say -- I'm relieved to see this conversation.

Ok, maybe I am really dumb or missing something...but what kind of person or WHY would someone do this? Super-duper bored? Missing a few screws? A motive - if so, what? A young teen with a great imagination/fantasy?

My biggest question - do you think this is really a homeschooler at all? Maybe one with just 2 kids, ages 5 and 8 or something? Or someone with grown kids who wishes she could do it all over again in a different way, so she builds her own fantasy family or what? I'm very confused about just WHO does this and why. How do people have so much time?!

Seriously, I am so confused by this. From the very beginning, I thought something was pretty weird...maybe just a little too out of a story or something. But fake-o never occurred to me. I just thought of things like, why is she listing the names of her son's kids, and did she ok that with him?! And - she seems kind of braggy on her family size. And - where has she been all these years? Another board, what? She never mentioned that.

Well, we DID own a 9 bedroom, 5 bathroom house and it was 5800 sq ft. I can't imagine what could demand so much square footage that it would be double the size of our last house!

Oh, yes, I am sure they are out there :D, I am just saying that I imagine them as few and far between. I would venture to say that a good majority of people would consider 10 (or even 9) bedrooms an undesirable use of the house's square footage. For the person with 9+ children, then 10 (or 9) bedrooms is awesome, but I just can't imagine that most people are blessed with 9+ children :001_smile:. I am thinking that builders just don't build houses with that many bedrooms as a general rule (law of supply & demand and whatnot)

Or...I could be completely wrong :D. That happens too. Someone should post a poll ; How Many bedrooms does your house have? :lol:

I saw your post now, and I see that it took you quite a while to sell that house (for the time period, anyway). That fits with what I was thinking. :D

Well, I've got news for you all. I'm marrying Alexander Skarsgard in October, and I'm going to have his little blond Swedish babies. One per year. And I'm going to have a maid, a nanny, and a chef. And I'm going to have houses in L.A., Sweden, Italy, Costa Rica, and Australia.

Aren't you all jealous now? I know Firefly is! ;)

BTW, that's my love in my avatar. *swoon*