Menu

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey now you only get one dh at a time!

I certainly HOPE that nobody here is suggesting that we tell Nakia how many men she can marry!! Don't worry, Nakia, I got your back! :D

P.S. I'm pregnant with, like,.....a gazillion babies and we just bought a HUGE ocean-front home in Oklahoma. Don't be hatin'.

We should have named the dog Theophilus or Dionysius, anything outlandish by English standards, so that we were less likely to insult the children.

Faith

LOL. We actually have a cat named Theophilus. And the boys? Too many to name..."yo, boy" works wonders....

:lol:

I certainly HOPE that nobody here is suggesting that we tell Nakia how many men she can marry!! Don't worry, Nakia, I got your back! :D

P.S. I'm pregnant with, like,.....a gazillion babies and we just bought a HUGE ocean-front home in Oklahoma. Don't be hatin'.

Did they throw the London Bridge in while they were at it?

Thank you, Cyndi. You know how I hate being told what to do. Psssttt...don't tell them that I'm married to Johnny Depp too.

Will you name one of those gazillion babies after me? I think Nakia Skarsgard CyndiGirl has a nice ring to it! Can't wait to see your house! After Alex and I honeymoon all over the world, we'll come visit. :D

I'm on WAY too much and have seven. We actually put in for three more (ages 12, 10, and 7...please say yes!).

I have wondered if that makes us seem troll-ish. LOL. Of course, y'all've known us (and my weird writing including words with two apostrophes!) for years.

And figuring names is HARD. We are at a crossroads with some of the ones we have right now. We'll probably find out shortly if they get to stay forever or not.

Because of circumstances, we'll be changing their names. Coming up with names for kids is HARD! Really hard.

Lets see, if we were to pretend to be the Duggars:

Kimberly Michelle (because that is her name)

Johnathan Wayne (I tried to keep his old first name as his middle name, but he wouldn't have it so now is "the duke")

Victoria Evelyn

Jeremiah ______

Jackson ______

Caleb Alexander (or Anthony?)

Elijah ______

Josiah ______

Seth ______

Daniel ______

Katherine _____

Hannah Gabrielle

Rebekah _____

Jadyn _____

Morgan Freeman <smile>

Well, I guess we're only have 15. Well, and I think the 12, 10, and 7 yr olds would be keeping at least the names they are called. So maybe those are our 16, 17, and 18th names :)

Hi Pamela,

I used to do respite care for a family who fostered many children and adopted 10. Believe it or not, some of their older adopts wanted to change their names when the adoptions were being finalized...a fresh start I guess. Boy was it confusing when I'd show up so the parents could go away for the weekend only to be faced with a pre-teen that had a radically new name! I was constantly tripping over my tongue.

How many littles will you be renaming? Will you be trying to keep the same first and middle initial?

Faith

Thank you, Cyndi. You know how I hate being told what to do. Psssttt...don't tell them that I'm married to Johnny Depp too.

Will you name one of those gazillion babies after me? I think Nakia Skarsgard CyndiGirl has a nice ring to it! Can't wait to see your house! After Alex and I honeymoon all over the world, we'll come visit. :D

We may just join you on your honeymoon. My PooDilluh breeding business has suddenly begun making MILLIONS OF DOLLARS so we now have more money than we know what to do with. Who knew the world was just READY for poodle/armadilluh hybrids? :tongue_smilie:

Love these names. When you get pregnant with all eight of them at once be sure to have lots of post's for us to respond to! :lol:

BTW - my Margaret is also Meg. Also known as princess Meg.

I believe you are correct.

I gotta say -- I'm relieved to see this conversation.

Awww, a Meg...that is too precious!

Oh, yes, I am sure they are out there :D, I am just saying that I imagine them as few and far between. I would venture to say that a good majority of people would consider 10 (or even 9) bedrooms an undesirable use of the house's square footage. For the person with 9+ children, then 10 (or 9) bedrooms is awesome, but I just can't imagine that most people are blessed with 9+ children :001_smile:. I am thinking that builders just don't build houses with that many bedrooms as a general rule (law of supply & demand and whatnot)

Or...I could be completely wrong :D. That happens too. Someone should post a poll ; How Many bedrooms does your house have? :lol:

I saw your post now, and I see that it took you quite a while to sell that house (for the time period, anyway). That fits with what I was thinking. :D

I did actually think something like that when I saw the post about bedrooms. My dh builds houses. Most families that are large or very large go with dormetory style or at least stack a few kids apiece.

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::lol::lol:

Apparently, you don't know much about the lovely ocean-front property in Oklahoma.

(When we first moved here a guy drove up into our driveway in an old run-down truck and asked if we wanted to buy his "fresh shrimp". I looked at him like this: :001_huh: and asked,"am I still in Oklahoma?"

Then I just stared at him until he did this: :auto:

We may just join you on your honeymoon. My PooDilluh breeding business has suddenly begun making MILLIONS OF DOLLARS so we now have more money than we know what to do with. Who knew the world was just READY for poodle/armadilluh hybrids? :tongue_smilie:

I'm very sorry to tell you that there will be no room for you or your PooDilluhs on my honeymoon with Alex. I told you people we are going to be making Swedish babies.

I misspelled it poodillAh and iPad autofilled with Pooch lags!

When I spelled it like you did I got pimp tags!

I happen to have a poodle already. So far he has humped the cats, the now deceased rabbit, and most of the kids' stuffed animals. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind an armadilluh. Maybe he can find a pretty one on FB?

How many littles will you be renaming? Will you be trying to keep the same first and middle initial?

Three...a girl and two boys.

At first, we thought about keeping one parent-given name per kid, but wondered if that would pose a safety issue. But the girl has a name we would have readily used. The one boy has a normal middle name. The other has a name that though I never would have chosen it, would go really well with the first name we like for him. It's very close to the name sake's middle name.

We find out really soon (this month!) if this looks like permanent. I'm so nervous. We would support a family member adoption if there was a suitable family member who could handle their particular issues as well as could keep them safe. But we absolutely are in love with these kids. We never thought a situation might open up so quickly.

The name thing is crazy, but I think our friends and family would come along. Our friends and family have done well with my son changing his name last summer. So at least we know they have practice <hee hee>.

We aren't really TRYING to adopt 10 kids, but these other three just screamed to me. I had to try.

Our babies should be moving to a family member by the end of the month. Of course, we thought that in June too, soooooo....We'll see. It's hard to say goodbye. We love them all dearly. But it is good when they can go home (like our first boys) or to family (when appropriate). We look forward to seeing which ones are ours forever too though :)

Okay, and on a serious note though...

Doncha'll think ONE man is trouble enough?

I seriously don't need another man. If I were to take another ADULT into this house, it's be a wife! Requirement: must love and be good at housework, especially laundry and dishes.

:iagree: and toilets and diapers and cat boxes and algebra and gardening and...

Just had to say this thread really upset me, I thought I found a good place for homeschooling support. So much for that..

I would say that we were quite supportive for a while, until you started slipping, honey. Better luck with the next personality.

Anna Marie's current activity is "responding to thread". This is either about to get really funny or there are going to be lots of apologies floating around.

:lurk5:

Oh goody! :lurk5:

ETA: Oh man. Just a typical lame effort at guilt tripping? Bummer.

Just want to say....

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

and Johnny Depp is MINE!! :glare:

Oh, whoops! Did you hear that? :blushing:

I seriously don't need another man. If I were to take another ADULT into this house, it's be a wife! Requirement: must love and be good at housework, especially laundry and dishes.

Yes, one man is trouble enough in real life. But in my dreams? I'd be willing to give it a go! ;)

I think if you have enough servants it would be ok, you could have one for formal occasions and one for the beach

Not guilt tripping, and there isn't really a point to add anything else when everyone's already made up there mind on something that isn't true. :glare: :001_huh:

Post a picture of your latest family portrait. I'll be the first to apologize if it has more than 10 kids in it.

Did you READ why we doubt you?

Yeah, I wondered August 1st (the first day "she" was here). But I never call it when I feel it mostly because I'd hate to be wrong one day.

I was *positive* someone was going to say something when she posted the room size for the 2nd smallest bedroom though.

BTW, one reason I am more unlikely to call it is because it DOES hurt when someone calls it and it isn't true. On the old board, May 29, 2006. Thankfully, someone who knew me IRL stood up for me. Funny, a little over a year ago, I got the chance to stand up for her also!

:iagree: Same thing here. I always hesitate to say anything when I suspect a troll because I have been accused of being one. Nope, my life *really* is that crazy :lol: I couldn't make it up if I tried. I remember when I posted about my van windows being smashed out thinking that someone would think I was a troll so I made sure to post the pictures. I was still so new here when that happened.

This thread seems a little over the top. Sure, it looks like somebody is engaging in a little fantasy at the expense of the board, but she's been called out.

Nobody has some extra grace to offer this woman?

No. Not really. A troll is a troll. I have no mercy.